Smart mode Wi-Fi reset?

Search This thread

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
is it possible to reset the database used for the "Smart mode" Wi-Fi option? When I first got my device I remember after a day or so the Wi-Fi would automatically turn on if I was in the vicinity of my home and my parent's home. Now it won't turn on in either locations, however it will turn on in certain locations "randomly" that do have Wi-Fi... for example today at work it would turn on several times after turning it off and entering certain floors that carried Wi-Fi. There has to be a database of some sort or a way to reset it so the only two locations that matter to me, home and parent's home, get preference to "Smart mode". any suggestions?

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
thanks for responding, unfortunately I do not see "Sprint Connections Optimizer" even under the All tab in Application Manager. I'm on 4.3 if that makes any difference...

JerryGNYC

Jun 28, 2010
You can't get here from there...
That's Really Odd.... :confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-04-20-48-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-04-20-48-37.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 40

sinebubble

Mar 30, 2011
That's Really Odd.... :confused:

I don't have the Sprint Optimizer as well. I found this thread because the "do you want to use smart mode" (paraphrasing) pops up all the time for me despite the fact that I always have it enabled. It's quite annoying when it pops up in the middle of the night and lights up the entire bedroom. Anyone else suffering from this deluded feature?

JerryGNYC

Jun 28, 2010
You can't get here from there...
thanks for responding, unfortunately I do not see "Sprint Connections Optimizer" even under the All tab in Application Manager. I'm on 4.3 if that makes any difference...

I don't have the Sprint Optimizer as well. I found this thread because the "do you want to use smart mode" (paraphrasing) pops up all the time for me despite the fact that I always have it enabled. It's quite annoying when it pops up in the middle of the night and lights up the entire bedroom. Anyone else suffering from this deluded feature?

Do you both have 720s or 720Ts?

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
anyone know how this smart mode thing works? should I leave wi-fi on all the time and let it do its thing or what? seems like with this option on, wi-fi keeps turning on even when I turn it off.

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
By any chance, is this setting in WiFi / Advanced what you're looking for?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...canning-unless-you-find-the-special-checkbox/

thanks for this link! never noticed that specific option in the advanced part of the wi-fi settings. wonder how true it is when the article states that leaving this option on saves battery versus firing up the GPS chip. I understand GPS would suck more, but would it do it silently at the app's request even though the app isn't running in the foreground? Anyway, this setting might be intertwined to the Smart mode Wi-Fi option, however Smart mode Wi-Fi is a separate option along with this one you pointed out... which kind of raises more questions!