[RapidRead Ver 0.7.6] A forum reading app similar to Tapatalk for WinMo! [NoTrial]

Are you interested for a forum reading application in winmo?

• Yes! I am excited. Also willing to donate for it!

Votes: 206 30.4%
  • Yes, i like the idea.

Votes: 455 67.1%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • There is already a good application for that in winmo!

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

TeDeV

Aug 27, 2007
Athens
rrlogo.png
RapidRead - A forum reading application

The intro...
RapidRead is a forum reading application similar to tapatalk.
The aim of this application is to offer you a fast, easy and economic way of accessing your favourite forums, without the need of a web browser or extra costs on your data plan.

Where can i use RapidRead?
RapidRead is for Windows Mobile 6.5.x and below. I haven't been able to test this on different resolutions or devices, but it should work everywhere.

RapidRead's News
- More than 6000 downloads just on XDA-Developers :) (Updated 7/3/2012)
- RapidRead appears on XDA news (Click here to see)
- RapidRead joins XDA Marketplace
- RapidRead appears on Freewarepocketpc.net (Click here to see)

Click Here For YouTube Video Demonstration

Version History

Current version 0.7.6 beta

- I have removed the time trial, so it is now free for ever :rolleyes:

Version is 0.7.5 beta
- Beta period extends to 1/9/2011
- You are able to access phpBB forums now (i hope)
- There is a new option in the settings, where you can set RapidRead not to check for new pms when you login to a forum.
This will save you loading speed and data transfer

Version is 0.7.4 beta
- You can now login and post again
- Favorites doesn't duplicate themselves anymore
- Beta period extends to 1/6/2011
oh i forgot to mention that i am using SenseSDK 1.5 now. Maybe this works for some of you. (Let me know)

Version is 0.7.3 beta
- Fixed Multi level subforums
- Fixed Some QVGA Icons
- Fixed Message box height. It is now dynamical so it should work great on all screens.
- Renew structures option added (This option cleans your forums saved structure, and forces RapidRead to re-download the structure) I suggest that you do that after you install 0.7.3
- New About option
- I removed the BeginUpdate - EndUpdate, so there is a chance that you have LESS OutOfMemory errors. (Again not my fault, and yes Omnia has a thing with it)
- Scrolling is smooth again (for those who were using the 0.7.2.5 Unofficial version)
- When you login, it shows your username now, instead of "TeDeV"
- You can reply more than once to posts now (soz for that)
- Beta-Test period extended to 1/4/2011
- Option to not load avatar pictures in posts. Maybe this will stop (in a small scale) the OutOfMemory errors to some people. (Use the Options menu at the start)

Notes: Sorry i didn't have time to fix the problem with the non guest forums. I will try to have it on 0.7.4

--------------------

Version is 0.7.2 beta
- Ability to post messages.
- Ability to send pms and read them of course
- I have finally fixed the crash problem, when you add a new forum
- You can now fill in username / password when you add a new forum
- You can delete forums from your list
- You will get a pop up notification, when you receive a new pm.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU READ THE NOTES SECTION AT THE END OF THE POST

Version is 0.7.1 beta
- Ability to add a thread to a favorite list for each forum. Now guests can have favorites to watch out :)
- I fixed the post's time. Now they are correctly displayed.
- Double-click or right-click on a post and you will get the Pics and Links option. Now you are able to view pictures inside a post, in the most economical and fast way.

There are more things coming soon. By the way, i don't know how QVGA or WQVGA devices will work with this last version. Please keep me informed. Thanks

-------------

Version is 0.7 beta
- Back button works everywhere now
- Error 501 finally fixed. It should work to everyone now
- Ability to add your own forums (they must have tapatalk plugin)
- Ability to move to bottom or top inside a topic using menu.
- You can now see post number under poster's name
- If the poster is online you will see his name with orange color.
- Uses less memory.
- You can now install RapidRead on your storage card

I consider this release to be a major update, since i re-wrote everything from the start (i spent a lot of hours doing it). don't forget that this is still a beta version, which means that some things might not work correctly.

-------------

Version is 0.5.5 beta
- Ability to browse between thread pages in xda-developers
- Small corrections in the code
- Now posts appear correctly in xda-developers when there are quotes (quotes appear in --)
- Back button, so that you can move back in categories
- Thread pages have thread's name now.

Version 0.5
- Initial Beta Release

Things need to fix

- I need someone to create me a nice looking icon for RapidRead.

Promotion
rapidpromo.jpg

Thanks to

- ebo for his Sense SDK 1.39
- joe_coolish for his help.

Donations

This release is free, but if you want to buy me a beer for the hours i spent and the hours i am going to spend :D feel free to press the button below and support me

NOTES

RapidRead hasn't got to its last version yet. And the development hasn't stopped. It just needs some support, as my time is really limited with real work.

Final notes
- Tell me what you think :)
- Let friends know about RapidRead

XDALogo_Avail.png

Attachments

• RapidRead(055).cab
    960.6 KB · Views: 1,711
  • RapidRead(07).cab
    1.5 MB · Views: 520
  • RapidRead(071).CAB
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,434
  • RapidRead(072).CAB
    1.7 MB · Views: 991
  • RapidRead(073).CAB
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,514
  • RapidRead(074).CAB
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,447
  • RapidRead(075).CAB
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,764
  • RapidRead(076).CAB
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,121
Last edited:

TeDeV

Aug 27, 2007
Athens
FAQ
--------------------------

1. When i add a new forum i get a strange error message.
- Download 0.7.2

2. Sometimes i get an OutOfMemoryException.
- This is a known problem comig from ebo's SenseSDK, until he updates to 1.40 i can't really do much.
I have a small idea of how to fix it, but you have to wait for version 0.7.3

3. Some avatars appear too big, why?
- It will be fixed in the next version.

4. I am getting a message saying "please check your internet connetion"
This can be when
- there is no internet connection (of course)
- There are some fault settings maybe with the wifi configuration. Try connecting with 3G or Activesync, and let me know
- or the url is wrong (make sure that you type it correctly, for example, if you want to visit xda-developers, you need to have the following url : xdaforums.com
- the forum doesn't support Tapatalk. If that is the case, you will normally see a message saying that "This forum doesn't support Tapatalk", but you never know.

5. I cannot connect to xda-developers or some other site
- First make sure that the forum supports TapaTalk for example... (xdaforums.com/mobiquo/mobiquo.php), if you see an xml there, then it supports it
- Make sure that the url that you have entered is correct! for example if you want to visit xda-developers the url is : xdaforums.com. Another one is www.myphone.gr/forum

6. I get some errors when i am trying to run RapidRead.
- You must have .net framework 3.5 and not 3.7 as it was never officially released correctly. I guess there are some libraries missing there.

7. When i click to visit some forums, i get some strange error message about ".net 3.5 Messages".
- Make absolutely sure that your forum url is correct!, and that the forum supports TapaTalk.

Last edited:

jpavly

Jan 4, 2008
Athens
I could use a tapatalk like app for my Diamond. Beta testing is OK for me. I administer a vb forum if it helps.

I have also some skining experience, maybe I can do something about the graphics too.

Since this is a greek project, I suggest a name from our rich vocabulary :)

ivwonka

Sep 9, 2008
Kansas City
I think the name sounds great. I can't think of anything better off the top of my head. I am using the Android xda app right now on my evo. I would love to beta test on my tp2

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Reactions: hardlineratwork

TeDeV

Aug 27, 2007
Athens
well i suppose that on Monday i will have an alpha version for some of you to test how it is working. anyone of you are a member in myphone?

zalaros

Oct 27, 2007
Thessaloniki
well i suppose that on Monday i will have an alpha version for some of you to test how it is working. anyone of you are a member in myphone?
Yeap :D My nickname is the same there too ;)

Will this app have limitations in the screen resolution? I have a Htc HD mini with hvga screen (480X320). Will i be able to run the app?

TeDeV

Aug 27, 2007
Athens
90% sure that it will support hvga just fine.. so yes.

i am not sure about qvga :)

my nick there is WebViRuS

zalaros

Oct 27, 2007
Thessaloniki
90% sure that it will support hvga just fine.. so yes.

i am not sure about qvga :)

my nick there is WebViRuS
That's great :D Can't wait to test it ;)

(έλα ρε Θοδωρή εσύ είσαι; ο φίλος του Ζαχαράκη είμαι. Στο thread του Kaiser τα λέγαμε κάποτε. Κάτσε να φωνάξω τον Ζαχαράκη κατά δω :D )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png
    RapidRead - A forum reading application

The intro...
    RapidRead is a forum reading application similar to tapatalk.
    The aim of this application is to offer you a fast, easy and economic way of accessing your favourite forums, without the need of a web browser or extra costs on your data plan.

Where can i use RapidRead?
    RapidRead is for Windows Mobile 6.5.x and below. I haven't been able to test this on different resolutions or devices, but it should work everywhere.

RapidRead's News
    - More than 6000 downloads just on XDA-Developers :) (Updated 7/3/2012)
    - RapidRead appears on XDA news (Click here to see)
    - RapidRead joins XDA Marketplace
    - RapidRead appears on Freewarepocketpc.net (Click here to see)

Click Here For YouTube Video Demonstration

Version History

Current version 0.7.6 beta

- I have removed the time trial, so it is now free for ever :rolleyes:

Version is 0.7.5 beta
    - Beta period extends to 1/9/2011
    - You are able to access phpBB forums now (i hope)
    - There is a new option in the settings, where you can set RapidRead not to check for new pms when you login to a forum.
    This will save you loading speed and data transfer

Version is 0.7.4 beta
    - You can now login and post again
    - Favorites doesn't duplicate themselves anymore
    - Beta period extends to 1/6/2011
    oh i forgot to mention that i am using SenseSDK 1.5 now. Maybe this works for some of you. (Let me know)

Version is 0.7.3 beta
    - Fixed Multi level subforums
    - Fixed Some QVGA Icons
    - Fixed Message box height. It is now dynamical so it should work great on all screens.
    - Renew structures option added (This option cleans your forums saved structure, and forces RapidRead to re-download the structure) I suggest that you do that after you install 0.7.3
    - New About option
    - I removed the BeginUpdate - EndUpdate, so there is a chance that you have LESS OutOfMemory errors. (Again not my fault, and yes Omnia has a thing with it)
    - Scrolling is smooth again (for those who were using the 0.7.2.5 Unofficial version)
    - When you login, it shows your username now, instead of "TeDeV"
    - You can reply more than once to posts now (soz for that)
    - Beta-Test period extended to 1/4/2011
    - Option to not load avatar pictures in posts. Maybe this will stop (in a small scale) the OutOfMemory errors to some people. (Use the Options menu at the start)

Notes: Sorry i didn't have time to fix the problem with the non guest forums. I will try to have it on 0.7.4

--------------------

Version is 0.7.2 beta
    - Ability to post messages.
    - Ability to send pms and read them of course
    - I have finally fixed the crash problem, when you add a new forum
    - You can now fill in username / password when you add a new forum
    - You can delete forums from your list
    - You will get a pop up notification, when you receive a new pm.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU READ THE NOTES SECTION AT THE END OF THE POST

Version is 0.7.1 beta
    - Ability to add a thread to a favorite list for each forum. Now guests can have favorites to watch out :)
    - I fixed the post's time. Now they are correctly displayed.
    - Double-click or right-click on a post and you will get the Pics and Links option. Now you are able to view pictures inside a post, in the most economical and fast way.

There are more things coming soon. By the way, i don't know how QVGA or WQVGA devices will work with this last version. Please keep me informed. Thanks

-------------

Version is 0.7 beta
    - Back button works everywhere now
    - Error 501 finally fixed. It should work to everyone now
    - Ability to add your own forums (they must have tapatalk plugin)
    - Ability to move to bottom or top inside a topic using menu.
    - You can now see post number under poster's name
    - If the poster is online you will see his name with orange color.
    - Uses less memory.
    - You can now install RapidRead on your storage card

I consider this release to be a major update, since i re-wrote everything from the start (i spent a lot of hours doing it). don't forget that this is still a beta version, which means that some things might not work correctly.

-------------

Version is 0.5.5 beta
    - Ability to browse between thread pages in xda-developers
    - Small corrections in the code
    - Now posts appear correctly in xda-developers when there are quotes (quotes appear in --)
    - Back button, so that you can move back in categories
    - Thread pages have thread's name now.

Version 0.5
    - Initial Beta Release

Things need to fix

- I need someone to create me a nice looking icon for RapidRead.

Promotion
    rapidpromo.jpg

Thanks to

- ebo for his Sense SDK 1.39
    - joe_coolish for his help.

Donations

This release is free, but if you want to buy me a beer for the hours i spent and the hours i am going to spend :D feel free to press the button below and support me

NOTES

RapidRead hasn't got to its last version yet. And the development hasn't stopped. It just needs some support, as my time is really limited with real work.

Final notes
    - Tell me what you think :)
    - Let friends know about RapidRead

XDALogo_Avail.png
    FAQ
    --------------------------

1. When i add a new forum i get a strange error message.
    - Download 0.7.2

2. Sometimes i get an OutOfMemoryException.
    - This is a known problem comig from ebo's SenseSDK, until he updates to 1.40 i can't really do much.
    I have a small idea of how to fix it, but you have to wait for version 0.7.3

3. Some avatars appear too big, why?
    - It will be fixed in the next version.

4. I am getting a message saying "please check your internet connetion"
    This can be when
    - there is no internet connection (of course)
    - There are some fault settings maybe with the wifi configuration. Try connecting with 3G or Activesync, and let me know
    - or the url is wrong (make sure that you type it correctly, for example, if you want to visit xda-developers, you need to have the following url : xdaforums.com
    - the forum doesn't support Tapatalk. If that is the case, you will normally see a message saying that "This forum doesn't support Tapatalk", but you never know.

5. I cannot connect to xda-developers or some other site
    - First make sure that the forum supports TapaTalk for example... (xdaforums.com/mobiquo/mobiquo.php), if you see an xml there, then it supports it
    - Make sure that the url that you have entered is correct! for example if you want to visit xda-developers the url is : xdaforums.com. Another one is www.myphone.gr/forum

6. I get some errors when i am trying to run RapidRead.
    - You must have .net framework 3.5 and not 3.7 as it was never officially released correctly. I guess there are some libraries missing there.

7. When i click to visit some forums, i get some strange error message about ".net 3.5 Messages".
    - Make absolutely sure that your forum url is correct!, and that the forum supports TapaTalk.
    Hi guys, i am truly sorry that i stopped working on this project.

I will release a new version that will have everything unlocked so no time trial. I moved to the Android Community, and i don't know where WinMo stands these days. Are there enough people using it?

I wouldn't mind to continue the development on this project, but since my time is limited these days because of work, donations will always motivate for future development.

I will try to make a new poll for you all, so that i know where winmo stands :)

Thank you all for the support,
    Ted
    @cajun - glad to hear that :)

@lohtse - i never tried RapidRead on winmo 5. i know for sure that it works on 6.1 and 6.5. Most of the problems were because of the tools framework i was using. It had to do with the ram or something. i never managed figure it out.

@mhffm - i have an HD2 (as a lot of people), and it is for sure the one device that can run RapidRead just fine. If you have time, and you are curious, we can check the reasons, that it is not running in yours.

Thanks again for the time you spent on RapidRead guys.
    i will try to have a new version working after 7th November