[Q] Any Recommendations for Best microSD for Webtop2sd use?

Search This thread

GBH2

Apr 11, 2008
MA
Any Recommendations for Best microSD for webtop2sd use?

I am getting ready to try out webtop2sd on my Bionic but I want to buy a 32Gb microsd card. I was about to get a class 10 but I have been ready there may be some problems with them in the phone. (?poor random access times vs. sequential transfer speeds?)

So, I am not sure whether to go with class 10, 6 or if just a Sandisk class 4 would be best. (I don't really want to spend a huge amount of money either - looking for best performance for a reasonable price)

If anyone has experience using webtop2sd, or is extremely knowledgeable about microSD media, and could recommend the best microSD card to use I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Jstylen

Jan 26, 2011
Have you considered just using a flash drive for additional storage? It seems like it would be a cheaper way to go.

Dumaru

Mar 16, 2009
Corpus Christi
Basically if you go with a 32gb Class 10 Micro SD you will have the fastest transfer rates you can get. They are about i think 3 times as much as the class 4. The class 4's work fine though. I haven't really done or seen any bench marking for the Bionic about it. That is what I am planning to get though for webtop2sd for myself.

http://goo.gl/sEGLC

I figure if I am going to be using it as a a full ubuntu basically, would be nice for the extra transfer/read speeds. /shrug

neckbonest

Aug 14, 2011
jacksonville florida
class 10 all the way. you will not be dissapointed. the read and write speeds are awesome. i will never use anything but a class 10 unless they come out with a faster one. the are a little pricy but well worth it

seanbond65

Nov 27, 2008
Pensacola
I saw somewhere that the bionic is compatible with sdxc cards which are class 30 and up to 64gb. Hellaciously expensive though. Might be worth looking into though.

Nov 27, 2010
I'm a bit curious about that, if you find anything out definitively shoot me a message.

I used a class 4 at first, ran AnTuTu and saw other people's droid's beating mine. Switched to a class 10 and I'm holding the top score right now by 5 points (5171, closest 5166), lol, not much but good. :) It was a big improvement over the class 4. With a class 4 card it was scoring in the high 4000's. The read/write speed is a huge leap, you'll notice if you do any full memory card backups / transfer a lot of music / files to the Droid.

I say look for a deal, I used 2 reward zone coupons at Best Buy to make it free for me.
You can usually find really good deals online or MicroCenter has good prices in store if you don't shop online.

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
I'm a bit curious about that, if you find anything out definitively shoot me a message.

I used a class 4 at first, ran AnTuTu and saw other people's droid's beating mine. Switched to a class 10 and I'm holding the top score right now by 5 points (5171, closest 5166), lol, not much but good. :) It was a big improvement over the class 4. With a class 4 card it was scoring in the high 4000's. The read/write speed is a huge leap, you'll notice if you do any full memory card backups / transfer a lot of music / files to the Droid.

I say look for a deal, I used 2 reward zone coupons at Best Buy to make it free for me.
You can usually find really good deals online or MicroCenter has good prices in store if you don't shop online.

Hmmm, Im using the 32gb sd card from my Thunderbolt, and I got a score of 5120. write speed of 8.4mb/sec and read of 15.5.

ghmerrill

Jan 29, 2011
is there any difference in the brands? Im always leery of brands of have never heard of, and am thinking about spending more for the sandisk or kingston.

unbesorgt

Jun 28, 2010
I have been using a Samsung 32Gb Class 10 card for about a month and it works great. Speeds are fantastic. Picked it up at Fry's for $50. I have not used Webtop2sd however.

nitephlight

Mar 16, 2012
LG V60 ThinQ
+1 for class 10, you cant go back once you've seen your card reader hit 17Mbps write speed. i dont even MIND doing superfluous nandroids anymore lol.