Working Google Wallet (Galaxy S3 Method)

Search This thread

Loneeagle14

Mar 2, 2010
Went ahead and flashed it for the fun of it. Constant fc's of nfc service upon reboot. Oh well.

I didn't expect it to work since it did say it required the touchwiz framework. :( nandroid ftw

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com
dont flash that guys, ive been playing with the google wallet for a while now with no luck, looks like we need 4.0.4 source before we can continue.

Code:
I/NfcExecutionEnvironmentManagerImpl( 4152): Wakelock released @ 1343759427602 ms.
I/NfcExecutionEnvironmentManagerImpl( 4152): Wakelock acquired @ 1343759427604 ms.
D/NFC-HCI ( 1613): HTC: phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList
E/NFC JNI ( 1613): phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList(): No SMX detected
E/ThermalDaemon(  231): ACTION: HOTPLUG critical failsafe cleared - Sensor 'tsens_tz_sensor2' - temperature 45, mpdecision_active

Artood2s

Jun 4, 2007
Anyone think the new Wallet update will.make it easier to get it working on the One X? Since the card info is now in the cloud, I don't see why phone/carrier should matter anymore.

XsMagical can you work some magic :D

Sent from my HTC One X

futuregerald

Jun 15, 2007
Bronx
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the new Google Wallet still uses the secure element portion of the NFC chip which we cannot use because we do not have the proper keys for this device. Without it we cannot write data to the secure element and thus can't process google wallet transactions.

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
OnePlus 9 Pro
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the new Google Wallet still uses the secure element portion of the NFC chip which we cannot use because we do not have the proper keys for this device. Without it we cannot write data to the secure element and thus can't process google wallet transactions.

That's my understanding as well. It's not just the ROM; the NFC chip has to be able to set up a secure connection to the receiver.

But AT&T is allowing it on the GNex and the SGSIII, so who knows?

http://www.google.com/wallet/get.html

KillerBeaver

Oct 19, 2010
Got an Email from Google Wallet

Been messing around trying to get google wallet to work all day. I've been running into the same problems as everyone else. But, i just got an email from at noreply@wallet.google.com! Its stuck at Initializing your device then it fcs after a while. I'm going to keep trying to get it working.

Last edited:

KillerBeaver

Oct 19, 2010
We need source, if you read my changelog you would know why.

Sent from my Nocturnal'd ONE XL

So, in order to fix the "No SMX Detected" error we need to get NFC libs that have SmartMX enabled and don't break NFC.

I know wallet was working on the international One X in the Modaco forums. Does the One XL share the same NFC hardware as the One X?

I know they have different processors; but, was unsure if the NFC hardware is different too.

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com
So, in order to fix the "No SMX Detected" error we need to get NFC libs that have SmartMX enabled and don't break NFC.

I know wallet was working on the international One X in the Modaco forums. Does the One XL share the same NFC hardware as the One X?

I know they have different processors; but, was unsure if the NFC hardware is different too.

Yes and no. I was testing the libs from that phone and the EVO LTE but no dice. Some would break NFC some would just fc.

KillerBeaver

Oct 19, 2010
Yes and no. I was testing the libs from that phone and the EVO LTE but no dice. Some would break NFC some would just fc.

Yeah, I tried the libs from the international OneX last night and found that out too.

Maybe we could ask HTC if they could recompile the libs with the header turned on.
I know when i was at the Aria forum we, and other people, petitioned Qualcomm to compile their user space library for ARMv6 after they only released them compiled for ARMv7, and they actually did it was awesome! Gave us the best hardware acceleration I'd seen on that little phone. :p Props to Qualcomm BTW. But maybe we could see if HTC could do something similar.

Reactions: ECEXCURSION

freshbakd

Jan 29, 2011
saint peters
If we should petition anyone it should be att? aren't they the ones who aren't allowing it to be used on the hox? Yeah it would be sweet if you guys could get it working though.... Wait someone should start a petition especially considering I'm sure it was a way to sell more s3s well now they wanna sell hox+ so maybe they would be willing to listen

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

nooomoto

Sep 22, 2010
Miami, FL
Att is moving forward with Isis instead of Google wallet. I predict you won't see Google wallet on any att devices, officially anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dont flash that guys, ive been playing with the google wallet for a while now with no luck, looks like we need 4.0.4 source before we can continue.

Code:
    I/NfcExecutionEnvironmentManagerImpl( 4152): Wakelock released @ 1343759427602 ms.
    I/NfcExecutionEnvironmentManagerImpl( 4152): Wakelock acquired @ 1343759427604 ms.
    D/NFC-HCI ( 1613): HTC: phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList
    E/NFC JNI ( 1613): phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList(): No SMX detected
    E/ThermalDaemon(  231): ACTION: HOTPLUG critical failsafe cleared - Sensor 'tsens_tz_sensor2' - temperature 45, mpdecision_active

Yeah, I tried the libs from the international OneX last night and found that out too.

Maybe we could ask HTC if they could recompile the libs with the header turned on.
    I know when i was at the Aria forum we, and other people, petitioned Qualcomm to compile their user space library for ARMv6 after they only released them compiled for ARMv7, and they actually did it was awesome! Gave us the best hardware acceleration I'd seen on that little phone. :p Props to Qualcomm BTW. But maybe we could see if HTC could do something similar.