moha_moha20106

Jul 6, 2010
cairo
hi all,

i was LOCKED my M7 with this methods

this steps need to be rooted, i did right to back to LOCKED,

then install RUU.exe with HBOOT 1.44

but when i try to flash recovery, it's need UNLOCKED,

the problem is : the method i did before to be LOCKED no way to UNLOCK it without root

and the root need UNLOCKED

the UNLOCKED method need root.... etc

any way to root my phone or unlock it ?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
hi all,

the problem is : the method i did before to be LOCKED no way to UNLOCK it without root

Yes, unlock your bootloader from HTCdev.com. :rolleyes:

Reactions: moha_moha20106

scotty1223

Jan 3, 2011
Assuming you are still s off,you just need to pack up your recovery image into a zip file with an android info text document. This type of file is easily installed via fastboot and ruu mode.

The easiest way to make this file is to take another file,like the firmware file from an OTApkg or an ruu. Extract it,and delete everything but the android info text file. Insert your recovery image. Rezip.

Alternately,you could always re-unlock the old fashioned way,via htcdev. Depending on if any parameters have changed,you may even be able.to use your original unlock_code.bin

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Tapatalk 2

moha_moha20106

Jul 6, 2010
cairo
Assuming you are still s off,you just need to pack up your recovery image into a zip file with an android info text document. This type of file is easily installed via fastboot and ruu mode.

The easiest way to make this file is to take another file,like the firmware file from an OTApkg or an ruu. Extract it,and delete everything but the android info text file. Insert your recovery image. Rezip.

Alternately,you could always re-unlock the old fashioned way,via htcdev. Depending on if any parameters have changed,you may even be able.to use your original unlock_code.bin

please dear, how can i backup recovery image ?

can i do it without root ?

the original Unlock_code.bin not working maybe need to get new fastboot oem get_identifier_token codes

Last edited:

alray

May 22, 2012
not back up, pack up!
Like he said, use a firmware.zip archive from i.e. a ruu or ota. Delete all file except the android-info-txt. Place your custom recovery named recovery.img in that archive then flash it in ruu mode, make sure the android-info.txt match your device info, edit it as required.
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
fastboot reboot-bootloader

scotty1223

Jan 3, 2011

the original Unlock_code.bin not working maybe need to get new fastboot oem get_identifier_token codes
You don't back up your recovery image. You use the one you want to install(twrp or clockwork)

Yes,you can do it without root. But as I said,you must be s off.

Last edited:

moha_moha20106

Jul 6, 2010
cairo
not back up, pack up!
Like he said, use a firmware.zip archive from i.e. a ruu or ota. Delete all file except the android-info-txt. Place your custom recovery named recovery.img in that archive then flash it in ruu mode, make sure the android-info.txt match your device info, edit it as required.
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU

Dear Alray, thank you very much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    not back up, pack up!
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    hi all,

Yes, unlock your bootloader from HTCdev.com. :rolleyes:

the Unlock_code.bin doesn't work

Was it a new unlock-code or onw that you generated the first time you have unlocked?
    Are you still s-off? if yes do what mentioned above.

You don't back up your recovery image. You use the one you want to install(twrp or clockwork)

Yes,you can do it without root. But as I said,you must be s off.