[question] how to mount internal storage in recovery?

Search This thread

Private.Indo

Jan 4, 2011
hi.

i have question that bothered me now and then.

how do you mount internal storage in pc. for example i wipe out everything, including internal storage (read as sd ext in recovery), evrytime i go in to recovery pick mount usb. it doesnt show any activities in my windows explorer. i go to my computer --> properties --> device manager there is icon nexus 5 with yellow warning on it. try to update driver but return in fail "windows was unable to instal nexus 5"

is there because linux partition on internal storage? so windows cannot load it? or i got wrong version of "usb driver"? or do you have better method? i'd like to know :)

now everytime i'm flashing rom wipe all data + cache + sd ext, reboot system, after to home screen or my device is on, my pc can transfer files, after done with transferring i reboot to recovery again and then apply rom :eek:

Chromium

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto
chromium1.blogspot.ca
This phone doesn't support USB mass storage. Instead there is MTP, but this can only be used while the phone is booted into android. Therefore the only way to copy files to the device while in recovery is to use adb push.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Private.Indo

Jan 4, 2011
This phone doesn't support USB mass storage. Instead there is MTP, but this can only be used while the phone is booted into android. Therefore the only way to copy files to the device while in recovery is to use adb push.

yes i's trying using method adb push, but my nexus doesnt recognize by pc when phone is turn off or in recovery mode, my pc or adb push only work if my nexus is turn on or booted up.

any sugestions?

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
yes i's trying using method adb push, but my nexus doesnt recognize by pc when phone is turn off or in recovery mode, my pc or adb push only work if my nexus is turn on or booted up.

any sugestions?

Search for this on google: naked usb driver 0.73 xda

Click on the first search resault then download the driver.

If you have windows 8 or 8.1 turn off driver signature enforcement.

Open device manager and install the driver for the unknown android device.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

Private.Indo

Jan 4, 2011
Search for this on google: naked usb driver 0.73 xda

Click on the first search resault then download the driver.

If you have windows 8 or 8.1 turn off driver signature enforcement.

Open device manager and install the driver for the unknown android device.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

wow, thx, work like a charm

i knew it i just need correct usb driver package

:victory: