[Q] Deleting Bloatware

Search This thread

Rose Commander

Apr 8, 2009
DFW, TX
I recently rooted my HTC One (M8) so that I can get rid of the bloatware that the phone comes with. However, I seem to be unable to remove the apps. I used Root Uninstaller Pro, Titanium Backup, and going to system/app and system/priv-app using Root Explorer (then reboot), but they continue to come back on. Does anybody know how to permanently remove the bloatware? I am almost to the point that I would just back up the ROM and install a CyanogenMod 11 Nightly.

The Bloatware that I want to remove:
Amazon
Google Drive
Gmail
Kid Mode
Lookout Security
Parent Dashboard
Photos (Google)
Play Books
Play Movies and TV
Play Newsstand
POLARIS Office 5
Stocks
T-Mobile TV
(Possibly) T-Mobile Name ID
Visual Voicemail
Carrier IQ

pingels

Apr 27, 2006
OnePlus 6
The fourth tab, "All" is where I found them. I have selected "uninstall updates" and "disable" from there. After that, the apps are disabled.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

y2ureme3.jpg
unapuheh.jpg

Reactions: Rose Commander

lampel

Aug 28, 2007
Connecticut
I recently rooted my HTC One (M8) so that I can get rid of the bloatware that the phone comes with. However, I seem to be unable to remove the apps. I used Root Uninstaller Pro, Titanium Backup, and going to system/app and system/priv-app using Root Explorer (then reboot), but they continue to come back on. Does anybody know how to permanently remove the bloatware? I am almost to the point that I would just back up the ROM and install a CyanogenMod 11 Nightly.

The Bloatware that I want to remove:
Amazon
Google Drive
Gmail
Kid Mode
Lookout Security
Parent Dashboard
Photos (Google)
Play Books
Play Movies and TV
Play Newsstand
POLARIS Office 5
Stocks
T-Mobile TV
(Possibly) T-Mobile Name ID
Visual Voicemail
Carrier IQ
seems like your issue is sort of resolved but the reason you were having difficulty is there is write protection on the system partition. it can be removed by flashing a custom kernel or there is a mod that will just remove the write protection.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The fourth tab, "All" is where I found them. I have selected "uninstall updates" and "disable" from there. After that, the apps are disabled.

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

y2ureme3.jpg
    unapuheh.jpg