Restore to stock 4.3

Search This thread

rbhuyan

Sep 23, 2014
Need help

if you want to go back to stock 4.3 on the dell venue 8 use Dell's recovery tool that's inside the developer folder.

HOW TO INSTALL:

1. Turn off your Dell Venue 8

2. Go into fastboot mode by holding down power and volume down

3. On your computer run p801t_JB4.3_flash_device.bat

4. Wait

5. When the command finishes hit any key and your Dell Venue 8 should reboot in to android 4.3

You could also use this for restoring your tablet if its stuck on the dell logo (as long as you can get into fastboot mode)

P.S. you cant upgrade to kitkat after :(

WARNING FOR DELL VENUE 8 ONLY!!!!!!!!!

If you have a picture like this () this can fix this. I had the same problem before and this is the only thing that fixed my tablet :D

After doing all the steps. My tab is not working any more :crying::crying: It gets stuck at the image you have mentioned. please help ASAP. I was planning to gift to this to my mom tomorrow. :(

PS: - Mine is Dell Venue 8 , 32 gb Wifi + 3g version

Last edited:

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
After doing all the steps. My tab is not working any more :crying::crying: It gets stuck at the image you have mentioned. please help ASAP. I was planning to gift to this to my mom tomorrow. :(

PS: - Mine is Dell Venue 8 , 32 gb Wifi + 3g version

this thread needs to be deleted fixing devices from users that followed this is started to annoy me . . .

but here i am to help . . . power off your device then power it on holding vol down and power if it boots to fastboot / droidboot fixing is easy and we will proceed from there if not i can still fix it it is just a little harder please post your reply in my : myKIT_BATCH thread. . .

kairnage

Aug 17, 2011
It worked for mine when I used it on my venue 8 16gb so I dont know why its not working for others.

You need to be specific in your first post. The firmware for the wifi only and the wifi/3G are different firmware. It should be in big red letters " FOR VENUE 8 3830 WIFI ONLY. DO NOT USE ON 3G VERSIONS"
It's not their fault for being uncertain, it becomes yours for not being specific.

cly1025

Apr 4, 2012
if you want to go back to stock 4.3 on the dell venue 8 use Dell's recovery tool that's inside the developer folder.

HOW TO INSTALL:

4. Wait

5. When the command finishes hit any key and your Dell Venue 8 should reboot in to android 4.3

You could also use this for restoring your tablet if its stuck on the dell logo (as long as you can get into fastboot mode)

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pq6mv9ryc7xuei8/AADVGBk4BQcJG5eg-VuPgRw8a?dl=0

If you have a picture like this (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8gnZO2bNnw2ZG95Z1ZWUEhMWW8/edit?usp=sharing) this can fix this. I had the same problem before and this is the only thing that fixed my tablet :D
can't upgrade to Kitkat, means no OTA upgrade any more?

cly1025

Apr 4, 2012

HOW TO INSTALL:

4. Wait

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pq6mv9ryc7xuei8/AADVGBk4BQcJG5eg-VuPgRw8a?dl=0

If you have a picture like this (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8gnZO2bNnw2ZG95Z1ZWUEhMWW8/edit?usp=sharing) this can fix this. I had the same problem before and this is the only thing that fixed my tablet :D

I opened p801t_JB4.3_flash_device.bat , I'm seeing 'fastboot is not recognized as an internal or external command' on each line, then I press a key, the window closed directly, how come?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I managed to solve my problem :D

Basically, I downloaded a new version of the 4.3 stock image (from post "[TOOL KIT] myKIT_BATCHV1.1.x") and replaces the files used by the crowncar12 .bat file, including the partition.tbl file. And another thing I did was change the name of system.img, leaving system.img.gz, as explained in the same post "[TOOL KIT] myKIT_BATCHV1.1.x" (sorry, as new user I can't post urls...)!

So, now my Venue 8 is with 4.3 and no glitches, for now!

Thanks!
    This is my recovery for the Dell Venue 7 + 8

You can use this to restore to 4.2, 4.3, 4.4

Currently no recovery for 3g devices

VENUE 7 WIFI:

4.2:

4.3:

4.4:

VENUE 8 WIFI

Hope this helps anybody please if you have any problems put it in the chat or if it works click the thanks button it helps.

(P.S. this is a WIP no download links yet
    Aren't you installing the developer-edition? if so you might want to let people know.

no this is stock 4.3 no root or anything
    I looked at the contents of these files and am wondering if anyone has tried the same method for venue 7.
    I am sure you can downgrade 7 in a similar manner.
    if you are brave you could try but its not recommended

download the files for your device from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51090040&postcount=2

then manually boot into fastboot by holding vol down and power and then manually flash with :

fastboot flash system filename-system.img.gz
    fastboot flash boot filename-boot.img
    fastboot flash fastboot filename-fastboot.img

If the _FLASHPKG has these
    fastboot flash dnx filename-dnx.bin
    fastboot flash ifwi filename-ifwi.bin

filename- being the name of the file in _FLASHPKG