[ROM][STOCK][IMM76D] Official OTA ICS 4.0.4 for GSM Nexus S (CWM Flashable version)

Search This thread

bilybob

Apr 19, 2007
@staplebox - I've been having the same Exchange problems. I've had the problem on a Nexus S, with various ROMs, and on a Galaxy Nexus, stock. In my case, it seems to be directly related to certain emails. That is, when I receive a certain email, it will hang the connection and kill the battery. In my case it is a status email I receive from a server 7pm every day. It has some fishy header info, and Outlook reports that it may be a phishing message. I move this email into a folder that doesn't sync with my phone, and all is good.

Reactions: staplebox

TheManicGibbon

Dec 24, 2011
Better reception for phone, wifi & GPS, possible lower batt-drain - that kind of stuff. From your sig I see that you have a 9023, so you should flash original 4.0.3 stock once, to get latest radio & and bootloader. Its radio (KI1) is the best so far. Flashing stock is easier than flashing both of them separately (radio and bootloader go together, when possible always update both)

The package from first post isn't really stock, but very close. it doesn't contain radio, bootloader, recovery, is deodexed, has root and busybox etc.

I've got an i9023 in the UK running CM9, in "Baseband Version" it says "I9020XXKF1"

Can I flash the newest radio and bootloader by following the steps in section 4A here? And then flash this ROM normally.

Finally, why should the bootloader be updated along with the radio? Is there a discernible benefit to the newer radio for me?

Buckii

Jul 2, 2011
london, ontario
When ever I long press home to swipe close apps every other time it shows maps opened and i know i didn't open it?

Also I noticed a little less battery life this around again though I use it quite abit...

Maybe when a stable rom build and kernels get dropped it will be better off

Anyway anyone else getting this too?

And too note i find it so much faster like going in to settings is so much more snappy... Just beautiful

#justsaying

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

interpolate

Feb 8, 2012
Waiting on Google updates is ummm....like.....ummm..

Sorry found a syntax error in line 2452.
Debugging. Check back in 2 months.

tycruickshank

Dec 28, 2011
Irvine
When ever I long press home to swipe close apps every other time it shows maps opened and i know i didn't open it?

Also I noticed a little less battery life this around again though I use it quite abit...

Maybe when a stable rom build and kernels get dropped it will be better off

Anyway anyone else getting this too?

And too note i find it so much faster like going in to settings is so much more snappy... Just beautiful

#justsaying

I have this problem on a lot of roms as well. It seems that if you use an app such as auto starts and disable it after startup this solves the problem. The other way I was dealing with this was to rename the maps.apk in /system/app to maps.apk.test (or something that's not the original name) that solves the problem. You may have to redownload Google maps from the store with this method.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

smok3thekid

Apr 13, 2011
Anyone having problems playing youtube. When I try I just get fc

derekdoom

Nov 6, 2009
I had to re-root the Nexus S after flashing this , if that's what you mean?

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

I got a little over-excited and flashed this to replace Cyanogenmod 7 without wiping anything.

Now my 'Clock' and 'Email' apps are constantly Fc'ing. Is there anything I can do to repair this?

Sorry if this seems obvious, I'm not very good at this.

PS: Many thanks to the op for uploading this.

jcr81

Jan 15, 2011
I'm currently on Elvilisto's 4.04 with ka3 bootloader and ke1 radio (9020a). I would like to be able to update my bootloader and radio to the newly released 9020a kl1/kj1; however, I do not want to lose CWM or root. There is a recovery flashable file located on the thread below but I fear that if I flash it I will lose CWM and root. In hopes of keeping CWM and root, I copied the bootloader.img and radio.img from that zip using 7zip and inserted them into the zip located in the OP of this thread but the bootloader and radio did not change. Can someone please explain to me how to get a CWM flashable 4.04 Rom that contains CWM recovery with the updated bootloader and radio for the 9020a without losing root and custom recovery? I am NOT well versed in adb or command prompts and prefer to stick to CWM.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24379505&postcount=87

Chinpokomon

Feb 9, 2009
Mediafire doesn't seem to be working. Download is only 55kB.

I'm not even able to start the download. I get a screen with this message:

Code:
There was a problem with your download

We apologize, but we are having difficulties processing your download request. Please be patient while we try to repair your download request.

Can anyone that has this file mirror it please?

Update: Seems to be working now. False alarm.

Last edited:

mokuni

Feb 28, 2005
Perth
If i install this rom, will any future OTA updates work? I want to revrt my phone back to stock. Giving it to my bro.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VvF1k.png

This is Stock IMM76D 4.0.4 Official OTA ICS Rom for GSM Nexus S.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - CWM Flashable.
    - Doesn't include any tweaks or mods. Just clean deodexed stock rom.
    - Insecure boot image.
    - Busybox and Superuser.
    - Stock recovery removed.

Download :
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vjx3bv215rdl06r

bluetooth sleep patch for proper Deep Idle
    crespo_IMM26_bluetooth.png

battery 1% & hspa
    526691025.png

flash in CWM

if problem, flash original

Edit : The Guide of Addons (caliban2)

1. flash the rom
    2. let it boot once
    3. and only then flash any patches

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24180175#post24180175
    if you dont mind, please make it mod with no batt percentage :D
    thanx in advance

hspa and no battery 1%
    evilisto_SystemUI_hspa_no_battery.zip

battery 1% and no hspa
    evilisto_SystemUI_battery_no_hspa.zip

Edit : The Guide of Addons (caliban2)

1. flash the rom
    2. let it boot once
    3. and only then flash any patches

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24180175#post24180175
    Hey evilisto, can you provide the original odexed zip without any changes?
    Cant wait until evilisto port jb :)

Sent from my Nexus S®