Samsung will not build the next nexus... heres proof...

Search This thread

Google_Nexus

Apr 12, 2012
Ok i have complete proof that samsung will not build the next nexus device after the galaxy nexus.... it will be motorola but not for the reason you think...

OK these are the makes of the google phones from google...

HTC: G1
Nexus

Samsung: Nexus S/4g
Galaxy Nexus

notice something? thats right each company only makes 2 devices and google moves on...

now we know that google bought moto for the patents? or did they? I have heard claims google may close source android and have offical android devices from moto only... see this: http://www.neowin.net/news/rumor-google-to-use-motorola-merger-to-launch-its-own-phones

so i think that this can be good news... end of all these crappy low end android devices with no memory... an android phones needs atleast 300mb free storage when we purchase a low end phone and even the prevail by samsung only has about 150mb free or so... what a shame...

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Ok i have complete proof that samsung will not build the next nexus device after the galaxy nexus.... it will be motorola but not for the reason you think...

Nexus

Galaxy Nexus

notice something? thats right each company only makes 2 devices and google moves on...

now we know that google bought moto for the patents? or did they? I have heard claims google may close source android and have offical android devices from moto only... see this: http://www.neowin.net/news/rumor-google-to-use-motorola-merger-to-launch-its-own-phones

so i think that this can be good news... end of all these crappy low end android devices with no memory... an android phones needs atleast 300mb free storage when we purchase a low end phone and even the prevail by samsung only has about 150mb free or so... what a shame...

while your arguments are valid, you do not have any proof.

DeuXGod

Nov 11, 2008
Zurich
It makes no sense. The Google's goal is to reach more people with advertising and by closing Android's source it would limit their target. The current system, tho it's not perfect for updates, it's the most profitable for Google.

I don't say that the next Nexus phone won't be manufactured by Motorola, but i srsly doubt that Google will close the doors to the other OEM's. Point being, Goggle will keep Android open sourced and will use Motorola for their patents. Using Moto to build Google experience phones is just an added bonus.

Gambler_3

Oct 30, 2011
This has to be the most ridiculously illogical post I have seen on these forums. Google choose HTC initially because it was the big player in android, then they choose samsung when it had become the biggest player.

They might choose some other OEM this time but it has nothing to do with the series of 2 phones. You talk as if nexus phones have been made for decades with new OEM being chosen every 2 years lol.

PoorCollegeGuy

Account currently disabled
Dec 18, 2011
Columbus
twitter.com
Your data sets are too small for you to say that it's proof. What you have is that HTC made 2 Google phones and then Samsung made 2 google phones.

but wait.

The HTC G2 was a pure google phone, that puts HTC at 3 Google phones. The original motorola Droid was a google phone, that puts them in the mix with one. In terms of pure Nexus devices, it's HTC 1, and Samsung 2. In terms of pure Google experience, HTC has at least 3, Motorola has at least 1 and Samsung has at least 2. That's also assuming I'm forgetting a device or two, which I probably am.

Therefore, there is no pattern and the next Nexus will likely remain in Samsung's corner since it's based on who bids the most and not on "who's made what". Samsung will likely outbid everyone this year and it will like be the samsung galaxy nexus s or something absurd. I'd rather have a Moto Nexus personally (hey why not, give them a swing at it) and have it not be a Verizon exclusive, but that's a pipe dream.

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
Companies send contestant devices in and Google picks the winner. Nothing more.

Motorola almost won last year.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Google_Nexus

Apr 12, 2012
Your data sets are too small for you to say that it's proof. What you have is that HTC made 2 Google phones and then Samsung made 2 google phones.

but wait.

The HTC G2 was a pure google phone, that puts HTC at 3 Google phones. The original motorola Droid was a google phone, that puts them in the mix with one. In terms of pure Nexus devices, it's HTC 1, and Samsung 2. In terms of pure Google experience, HTC has at least 3, Motorola has at least 1 and Samsung has at least 2. That's also assuming I'm forgetting a device or two, which I probably am.

Therefore, there is no pattern and the next Nexus will likely remain in Samsung's corner since it's based on who bids the most and not on "who's made what". Samsung will likely outbid everyone this year and it will like be the samsung galaxy nexus s or something absurd. I'd rather have a Moto Nexus personally (hey why not, give them a swing at it) and have it not be a Verizon exclusive, but that's a pipe dream.

the orginal htc g1 was the very first android phone thus a developers phone and then htc did the nexus one.... then samsung has done two so now its time for someone else to make it... moto since google owns them they keep it in house.. and close sourcing it has made apple a ton of money and i dont have any adds on my programs as i only purchase apps that have no adds and only install free apps without adds... so google is not really making any money off of me on the adds. i use my laptop for that sort of thing... i use my phone for news and some games from gameloft that are paid. also most cellphone operating systems last about ten years and android is about 5 years old so i think its about time google thinks about that look at palm os then look at rim... what does that tell you at the 10 year or so mark they go down for the count... apple will too so will android... so what is next?

Rblacula

Sep 19, 2011
Google has already said they don't choose how many each company will make. Each company submits a phone for evaluation as the next Nexus and they decide which it'll be. Therefore, the next Nexus could be from Samsung again, Asus, HTC, Acer, Huawei, Motorola, or really any other manufacturer quite honestly. At the end of the day, I'd be quite surprised if it was anyone but the Big 3 (Sammy, HTC, and Motorola) or Asus since all 4 make the better, higher end phones. I COULD also see LG being a viable candidate, but their offerings so far have, to me, been lackluster and, whilst Sammy doesn't have Moto-quality builds of aluminium and such, LG seems even lower than Sammy build quality-wise.
Build quality- Moto>HTC>Asus>Sammy>LG
Screen quality- Sammy>HTC>LG>Asus>Moto
Internals- Sammy (more cutting edge, Exynos), Asus (Tegra 3), and HTC (also Tegra 3 and Snapdragon S4) all win here.

DeuXGod

Nov 11, 2008
Zurich
HTC also made the ION developer phone, the G2 was also a Google stock phone, etc, so there goes your 2 phones theory. And i explained you already why making Android Closed Source would be a bad move to Google.

Just because you don't see adds in your phone doesn't mean the other thousands of people do the same. Google is getting their money from advertising, so they need the biggest audience target as possible. And where did you get the theory about the 10 years SO?

Symbian for example was first released in 2001 and still sells like hotcakes on dumbphones. Windows Mobile was first released also around 2000 and just recently got discontinued due to windows phone 7 (granted it wasn't selling). iOS will probably suffer a UI change but it still will make a strong competitor for the next years and Android has so much space to improve and is in so many markets besides smartphones, that it won't go away anytime soon.

What's next just depends on the best technology offers at the best price.

BrianDigital

Maybe nexus phones are more of a Google showing the manufacturer how make android phones. Also I believe they could never close source of android and license it. Pretty sure Microsoft got fined for having free services and once competition died off they started charging for it

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk 2

PoorCollegeGuy

Account currently disabled
Dec 18, 2011
Columbus
twitter.com
the orginal htc g1 was the very first android phone thus a developers phone and then htc did the nexus one.... then samsung has done two so now its time for someone else to make it... moto since google owns them they keep it in house.. and close sourcing it has made apple a ton of money and i dont have any adds on my programs as i only purchase apps that have no adds and only install free apps without adds... so google is not really making any money off of me on the adds. i use my laptop for that sort of thing... i use my phone for news and some games from gameloft that are paid. also most cellphone operating systems last about ten years and android is about 5 years old so i think its about time google thinks about that look at palm os then look at rim... what does that tell you at the 10 year or so mark they go down for the count... apple will too so will android... so what is next?

Android is 9 years old http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

Read under "foundation".

DeuXGod

Nov 11, 2008
Zurich
Maybe nexus phones are more of a Google showing the manufacturer how make android phones. Also I believe they could never close source of android and license it. Pretty sure Microsoft got fined for having free services and once competition died off they started charging for it

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk 2

Nexus line are the guideline for each OS.
Nexus One - 2.1/2.2
Nexus S - 2.3
Galaxy Nexus - ICS

ejatds

Sep 24, 2011
i predict the next gen nexus specs: everyone please save/bookmark this post.

1.5GHz quad core processor OR 2GHz Exynos 5250 processor
2GB RAM
4.65" 720p HD Super AMOLED+ OR HD YOUM Display
Android 5.0 Jellybean
7 - 7.9mm thin
2000 - 2500mAh battery
120-130g

announcing in january 2013! :)

Google_Nexus

Apr 12, 2012

your link is dead... and android according to wiki is from 2005... and notice no one had google android before 2008 when the first android device ever was sold the htc g1 aka the dream which was a developers phone because well it was the only android phone for a while... so no other phone was their until after the g1 was launched.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

so again android is poised to be in the decline soon.. right now is its peak years and soon it will decline... look at how long gb took to overcome fryo...

Last edited:

thegtfusion

Jan 24, 2011
Utrecht
Samsung is the best!!. No competition possible!! Motorola is crap! (No offense)

stellar

Dec 12, 2011
Sorry but where in your ass are you pulling all this "proof" out of? Lol not to be mean or anything....

Google_Nexus

Apr 12, 2012
Samsung is the best!!. No competition possible!! Motorola is crap! (No offense)

just because someone sells the most does not mean they are the best. it could be that samsung has carriers that offer their phones dirt cheap like the prevail on boost mobile... also look at general motors company... alot of crap products but they do outsell all the others... but does that mean they are they best.. no they offer a ton of rebates and low prices.... samsung does have some great phones like the galaxy s line but only a few.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lol. This makes no sense.

Youre right, HTC makes Sense ;)

Nexus

Galaxy Nexus

while your arguments are valid, you do not have any proof.
    moto does in some areas like locking bootloaders but i think with moto becoming the offical android phone soon then that will stop. i can not wait until moto is the official android line and others makers are following the lead of moto. it should be done like:

1. all phones will be build to a specific spec
    - that is each maker will make the same exact phone
    - this will stop all the different screen sizes, ram and rom sizes
    - one unified phone

1. Stop posting. Each post is more nonsensical than the last.

2. You were born for the iPhone and the iPhone was made for you. Go join the other simpleton iPhone users and you'll fit right in.
    ^ give up.

It won't happen, and that would destroy the openness.

Apple has custom mods and hackers. They are closed. Rim is closed and yet they do too. Also because of security issues android may need to go on lock down like rim is with BBC kernal. Security is needed. Its also national security as our phone may be bugged from china during manufacturing who knows what secret payload the Chinese govt has on our phones. Our phones should be made in USA with parts made from USA only no foreign parts at all.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Yep. Just like your TV, DVD player and a plethora of other things you purchased. Easy there buddy. I think your tinfoil is cutting off your brain circulation.