Android 4.1 - TF201 Official Update

Search This thread

Gary Key

Apr 28, 2011
www.asus.com
Good Day,

Official Press Statement -

Dear Valued ASUS Customers,

We are pleased to announce that we will soon be rolling out a major software update for both the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700) and ASUS Transformer Pad Prime (TF201), which will bring Android™ 4.1, Jelly Bean to the devices. We always strive to deliver the latest updates for our customers – we hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for your continued support.

North American Update -
For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.2.15 Release should be available within the next 48 hours.

jordache16

Dec 15, 2011
Iowa
Good Day,

We are pleased to announce that we will soon be rolling out a major software update for both the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700) and ASUS Transformer Pad Prime (TF201), which will bring Android™ 4.1, Jelly Bean to the devices. We always strive to deliver the latest updates for our customers – we hope you enjoy it.

North American Update -
For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.2.15 Release should be available within the next 48 hours.

Nice. Any word as to whether or not the ANR issues have been fixed (or can be fixed) in this update?

krispy521

Jan 4, 2011
Nashua, NH
Also, Does it fix the lack of being able to transfer data from the Prime to a PC through the charger port without having to transfer it to the MicroSD card first?

Akkeresu

Aug 16, 2010
Fantastic. This is the official word I've been waiting to hear. Thank you very much for keeping our devices going, and for coming to the community first. Props. <3

Good Day,

North American Update -

Thank you Gary :good:

dgjl

Jan 9, 2012
So, 48 hours of jubilant speculation followed by months of disappointed recrimination! :p

Reactions: conner

jordache16

Dec 15, 2011
Iowa
Well, I'd like to say... try it to know... there are those (like me) who never had problems with ANRs, even on official builds....

Ya, I know some people supposedly don't have issues with ANRs but from my understanding it is a problem that most users do have, including myself.

Don't get me wrong, I love my prime but there's nothing worse than showing it off to an Apple fanboy and right after they open the browser they get an ANR popup. This is something that simply just does not happen on the iPad, and it is quite an annoying thing to deal with.

Reactions: Bait-Fish

wwjoshdew

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com
DO you think us unlocked users that have custom roms and TWRP recovery will be able to install the official update? I've never thought about doing that, but I'd like to try out Official Jelly Bean!

I have the custom Android Mobi bootloader (video here). So if you can install an official rom with custom recovery, it will probably overwrite the custom bootloader.

alias747

Jan 26, 2009
Finally! Since I got my Galaxy Nexus a couple weeks ago (with Jelly Bean ROM) I have been noticing how slow my Prime is feeling. I would think a quad core beast like this should be faster than a dual core phone. But for some reason webpages load faster and I can scroll so much smoother on my GNex. I wouldn't think that JB is the only reason for this since my wife's GNex that was stock on ICS was running web pages smoother than the Prime. I don't understand... Just hope that this update breathes some life back into the old 201.

charlesfmooney

Nov 22, 2008
Thanks for all the info. I'm ready for the update. I haven't looked through the other threads and I was curious what ANR's are? I haven't had really any issues with my Prime. What different issues do people have so I can watch out for them.

Thanks
Chuck

May 30, 2012
Olney
So which is it??

Err... I believe this update is purely an Android version upgrade... the downside is it removes WiFi direct & no longer has flash support... I guess I should have been more explicit, but don't expect a changelog other than one portraying JB feature... it's not an incremental update and is not meant to fix issues with ICS ROMs... it's a new base version... if it does fix issues, it will be because of new drivers, kernels, OS, etc...

Craig,
Could you post the change log?? I assume you have it since you're posting on what is and what isn't in the update..
Seems like you're more interested in creating mis-information on this forum than the actual update..
So if you know so much about it, please share it with everyone..
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: almightywhacko

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good Day,

North American Update -
    For those who rooted but are still locked, and having issues with updating, here's something that might help (continuing from: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32091002&postcount=111):

There were 3 files missing from /system/xbin that were required for the update to work.

Missing files:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?cqccrt70xyrxjwz
    Edit: Dropbox mirror: http://db.tt/4Q6AvTCU

The US update file (thanks Wipeout and Bait-Fish): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zzg4pjccz0od9uo
    CRC32: 5F044C22
    MD5: C7F2DDC50DB3E96673977E41CEB643D6
    SHA-1: 6966DE005C9E83A968025673B187884E375BB680

The WW update file (thanks for kikistans for uploading):
    http://dropbox.com/s/uiui6ha6hrg2mg1/dlpkgfile
    Downloading and will add a Mediafire mirror as soon as I can.

Here's what I did, from beginning to end:
    • Extract the above zip and put the three files on the main storage.
    • Copy the dlpkgfile to the main storage
    • Enter shell:
    • SU
    • mount -o remount,rw /system
    • cp /mnt/sdcard/dexdump /system/xbin/dexdump
    • cp /mnt/sdcard/ps3bttest /system/xbin/ps3bttest
    • cp /mnt/sdcard/rfcomm /system/xbin/rfcomm
    • chmod 777 /system/xbin/dexdump
    • chmod 777 /system/xbin/ps3bttest
    • chmod 777 /system/xbin/rfcomm
    • mount -o remount,ro /system
    • cp /mnt/sdcard/dlpkgfile /cache/dlpkgfile
    • echo '--update_package=/cache/dlpkgfile' >> /cache/recovery/command
    • Exit shell.
    • Shut down tablet.
    • Turn on while holding the "volume down" key.
    • When it vibrates, release the power key and keep holding the volume key.
    • Three lines appear, hit "Volume UP".
    • Update starts!
    • Update Finishes!

Note: some users reported success after replacing the build.prop with the one attached here (ripped from the .28 blob).
    This thread is about jellybean not arguing about the performance of the tab vs other devices

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
    I've updated my previous message with a mirror to the update file: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32099246&postcount=154
    Will try to help as much as I can tomorrow.

Later guys!
    Its JB, its 4.1.1 and Kernel 3.1 so great news... now ill check it deeply!

scaled.php

:good: