ROOT - Huawei Mediapad 10 FHD-W Android 4.1.2

Search This thread

baratexx

Feb 1, 2011
How to ROOT version (S10-101W, Android4.1, C001B011SP15)
1 - install Hisuite Huawei for getting all the drivers installed correctly.
2 - do the update to 4.1
3 - after the update done on your pc go to the firmware file unzip it and you'll have the folder dload you download this Perl script and place it inside the folder dload.
4 - install on pc Perl-Script for windows
5 - after installing perl run the file copied in step 3 - Huawei_MP10FHD_Split, this script will extract some files needed to root and put them in a folder called output.
6 - in the output folder copie the file named boot.img and place in the next step.
7 - download C001B011SP15_Wifi_GE_Root_Repair_Downgrade.zip unpacks and places the boot.img file, will replace an existing file.
8 - connect the tablet (Power + volume up - FASTBOOTMODE)
9 - Run root.bat, the tablet will restart a few times without stress. If something happens instead of running root.bat, run Repair.bat.
10 - Done is rooted

Sorry for my bad english

baratexx

Feb 1, 2011
Now just want custom rom like CYANOGENMOD 10.1 hehehehehe.

I'm not a devoloper but maybe some of you can do something. I dont know were to start.

bg323f

Jun 24, 2013

I'm not a devoloper but maybe some of you can do something. I dont know were to start.

I think that the best and safest place to start will be the HUAWEI MediaPad 10 FHD User Manual, that way you'll ensure that nothing bad happens to your pad. I'm as you in the same boat, I want to modify but currently just studying the User Manual. ;)

Reactions: baratexx

Stunna903

Jul 31, 2010
I'm lost...

I just followed your directions step by step, and I'm not getting anything. When I tried to open the .pl file there was nothing there to put into the output folder. Then when I rebooted my pad all it said when I ran the root.bat file was waiting on device. I've been trying to root this pad since I got it. This was the closest I've come and it didn't work. What am i doing wrong. Thank you....

baratexx

Feb 1, 2011
I just followed your directions step by step, and I'm not getting anything. When I tried to open the .pl file there was nothing there to put into the output folder. Then when I rebooted my pad all it said when I ran the root.bat file was waiting on device. I've been trying to root this pad since I got it. This was the closest I've come and it didn't work. What am i doing wrong. Thank you....

Just run the root.bat when you are in FASTBOOTMODE - (Power + volume up).

unzip DLOAD with 7zip, then put the .pl inside da extracted DLOAD then run .pl in the end you will have a folder called output whith some files copy boot,img to the unziped C001B011SP15_Wifi_GE_Root_Repair_Downgrade.zip and will replace an existing file, then just run the root.bat when you are in FASTBOOTMODE - (Power + volume up).

Last edited:

banga.pb

Nov 20, 2013
banga.pb

I am trying to root my Huawei mediapad 10Link and followed the process above but I must have missed something as I am getting the below message and now the tablet is stuck on rebooting

adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found
sending 'boot' (4430 KB)... OKAY
writing 'boot'... OKAY
rebooting...

Please Help me...

banga.pb

Nov 20, 2013
Huawei Medaipad 10 failed root and recovery

How to ROOT version S10-101W, Android4.1, C001B011SP15
2 - do the update to 4.1
3 - after the update done on your pc go to the firmware file unzip it and you'll have the folder dload you download thisPerl script and place it inside the folder dload.
5 - after installing perl run the file copied in step 3 - Huawei_MP10FHD_Split, this script will extract some files needed to root and put them in a folder called output.
6 - in the output folder copie the file named boot.img and place in the next step.
7 - download unpacks and places the boot.img file, will replace an existing file.
9 - Run root.bat, the tablet will restart a few times without stress. If something happens instead of running root.bat, run Repair.bat.
10 - Done is rooted

Sorry for my bad english

I am trying to root my Huawei mediapad 10Link and followed the process above but I must have missed something as I am getting the below message and now the tablet is stuck on rebooting

writing 'boot'... OKAY
rebooting...

Please Help me...

maeni_93

Dec 24, 2010
Erm...

writing 'boot'... OKAY
rebooting...

Please Help me...

Oh please come on.... You want to root a Mediapad 10 LINK (s10-201whatever)? Then don't use a root method for the Mediapad 10 FHD (s10-101whatever).

Turn your pad around and have a look at the model number. If it's s10-201 something this should work (no garantee, i don't own a 10 Link):
goo.gl/Iam10g (I'm not allowed to post links yet. Thread is russian, this is a link to google translate)

good luck and have fun with your rooted tablet! :)

banga.pb

Nov 20, 2013
Oh please come on.... You want to root a Mediapad 10 LINK (s10-201whatever)? Then don't use a root method for the Mediapad 10 FHD (s10-101whatever).

Turn your pad around and have a look at the model number. If it's s10-201 something this should work (no garantee, i don't own a 10 Link):
goo.gl/Iam10g (I'm not allowed to post links yet. Thread is russian, this is a link to google translate)

good luck and have fun with your rooted tablet! :)

Thanks FOR NOTHING !!!

Mehrdad201

Dec 24, 2009
It seems huawei doesn't have any decision to release a new update for this tablet.
I have contacted them several times but there is no answer.

Their support is very poor.

Sent from my MediaPad 10 FHD using Tapatalk

engrshabir

Feb 23, 2014
we have our easy way of rooting man, use frameroot.apk

writing 'boot'... OKAY
rebooting...

Please Help me...

install frameroot.apk on ur tab, and run, use pippin exploit and its done in seconds
http://forum.xda-developers .com/showthread.php?t=2130276

remichi

Nov 24, 2010
Will Framaroot also work for the Huawei Mediapad 10 FHD (S10-101u)? And which exploit should I use?

Hope so....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to ROOT version (S10-101W, Android4.1, C001B011SP15)
    2 - do the update to 4.1
    3 - after the update done on your pc go to the firmware file unzip it and you'll have the folder dload you download this Perl script and place it inside the folder dload.
    7 - download C001B011SP15_Wifi_GE_Root_Repair_Downgrade.zip unpacks and places the boot.img file, will replace an existing file.
    10 - Done is rooted

Sorry for my bad english

I think that the best and safest place to start will be the HUAWEI MediaPad 10 FHD User Manual, that way you'll ensure that nothing bad happens to your pad. I'm as you in the same boat, I want to modify but currently just studying the User Manual. ;)
    I dont know but if you unroot did the GSM Network works again ?

I flash new boot.img via fastboot and gsm work again...:laugh: