Fastboot problem Windows 8.1

Search This thread

viditbhargava

Nov 11, 2009
Gurgaon
Hi,

I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1.
It does not recognize the fastboot mode in my Nexus One.

When the phone is connected in fastboot mode (bootloader), Windows gives the prompt 'The last USB device you connected to your computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it.'

Is there a problem with my phone?
What can be done to rectify this?
What fastboot drivers would be required to be installed?

Thanks in advance.

Mirko Lona

Jun 16, 2011
Verona
Hi,

I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1.
It does not recognize the fastboot mode in my Nexus One.

When the phone is connected in fastboot mode (bootloader), Windows gives the prompt 'The last USB device you connected to your computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it.'

Is there a problem with my phone?
What can be done to rectify this?
What fastboot drivers would be required to be installed?

Thanks in advance.
Same to me. I have Windows 8.1 and when i connect my N1 in fastboot mode and it give me the same error. I don't think that your (our) phone is the problem.

toonhead85

May 29, 2011
Virginia
I also have this issue. I keep trying to update/re-install the driver but it always reverts back to ADB Interface > HTC Bootloader (when looking at device manager). I have re-installed the Official Google Nexus Drivers, my Nexus 9, 10 and Galaxy Nexus all work fine.

And to be clear, it's only fastboot that is the issue. ADB works:
Code:
adb devices
yields the devices ID and
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
reboots into HBoot.

Also, to be clear, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and all of the devices listed above work still!

So any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I might try replacing the logicboard in this bad boy.

nisiwi

Mar 19, 2013
nisiwi

I also have this issue. I keep trying to update/re-install the driver but it always reverts back to ADB Interface > HTC Bootloader (when looking at device manager). I have re-installed the Official Google Nexus Drivers, my Nexus 9, 10 and Galaxy Nexus all work fine.

And to be clear, it's only fastboot that is the issue. ADB works:
Code:
adb devices
yields the devices ID and
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
reboots into HBoot.

Also, to be clear, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and all of the devices listed above work still!

So any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I might try replacing the logicboard in this bad boy.

I'm experiencing the same problem on Windows 10 with a Google Nexus One Did you ever resolve it toonhead85 ?

nameless--

Aug 23, 2012
Kanto
anyone found the solution about this error message? I'm trying to give life to my old N1 and I can't see to find a fix for this error, and I really dont want to downgrade my notebook system just for that...

Baconwich

Feb 10, 2013
Ottawa
YES!!!

So, using VirtualBox I installed Windows 7 and this. No problems at all. I guess this means that there is some incompatibility with Windows 10 and Nexus One. I was able to remove BlackRose and install STOCK 2.3.6, which is what I wanted to do in the first place.

Best of Luck!

Sorry to pull this thread up from the grave, but how did you get the virtual Windows 7 to see the device at all? I've only been able to get it to pick up devices with working drivers in my main Windows install.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you ever resolve it toonhead85 ?

YES!!!

So, using VirtualBox I installed Windows 7 and this. No problems at all. I guess this means that there is some incompatibility with Windows 10 and Nexus One. I was able to remove BlackRose and install STOCK 2.3.6, which is what I wanted to do in the first place.

Best of Luck!