Tried To Update to CM11, Now I Can't Get Out Of Clockworkmod?

Search This thread

blizeH

Sep 27, 2012
Hi,

I've just tried to update my i9300 for the first time to CM11 from CM10 since I need 4.4 to run the new Google Camera and Chrome Desktop.

Unfortunately upon downloading the update via the system menu and rebooting my phone, it just goes to CLockwork Recovery... is there anyway of fixing this please? Preferably without wiping all of my data too because I have Google Authenticator on there and it isn't backed up :S

Thanks

(edit) Also I can't turn off my phone... argh - anyone know how to stop my battery from draining before it dies in CMR? Thanks

Last edited:
G

GuestK0029

Download CM11 M5 it's the most stable and backup everything with titanium backup
If you can't boot to the ROM do nandroid backup then do fresh ROM install
After installation use Nadroid Manager app to extract your apps from Nandroid backup you've made after the new ROM boots up

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

blizeH

Sep 27, 2012
Sorry, when I plug in my phone it doesn't show under my computer... is there anything I have to change in ClockworkMod REcovery?

blizeH

Sep 27, 2012
Hm, managed to plug in an external micro SD card, but it says

Error in cm-11-2014005-SNAPSHOT-M5-i9300.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted

? :(

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
Update ur cwm recovery and try to reboot again, if it still doesn't work then do wat the others said.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: blizeH

blizeH

Sep 27, 2012
Thanks both, I managed to sort it in the end by going back to CM10.2 and then installing CM11 via the official installer :)

Just curious, how do I update CWM? Is there any easy way of doing that?

Thanks

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
Thanks both, I managed to sort it in the end by going back to CM10.2 and then installing CM11 via the official installer :)

Thanks

Just download the newest version of cwm and flash it like a normal zip.

Reactions: blizeH

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to update CWM to lasted version
    Update ur cwm recovery and try to reboot again, if it still doesn't work then do wat the others said.

Thanks

Just download the newest version of cwm and flash it like a normal zip.