[Q] Need Root (A long story)

Search This thread

thrownaround

Jun 10, 2014
So a friend of mine dragged me into trying to help this woman who thinks her son was taken in by a cult. (I call it crazy but what do I know) He dropped off the phone an Atrix 2 and bailed. They want to see the deleted messages. Issue is that recovering them requires root and it seems I have that fun little issue that requires a factory reset before adb can figure out its magic. (I think a factory reset would create the deleted messages unrecoverable) Been reading every darn thread I could and still can't seem to find a solution. I kinda doubt there is one to be honest. But if anyone has something that might work I don't mind giving it a shot. Oh yeah you might notice its my first post but I haven't really had any issues with rooting before and to be frank I am just not really into these types of things enough to be able to give back to the community well. My apologies.
I have tried 1click methods, apk's, adb (fresh install on a new hard drive, had one layin about) drivers, inf changes, you name it I probably tried it.

Anything to be done?
Here's to the hope someone can help.

It's a tough life for the friend that knows how a computer works :(

crazymonkey05

Apr 1, 2012
stilwell, OK
Also if you factory reset it doesn't overwrite the memory so you should still be able to recover them if you know where to look and prey to god that the memory doesn't get overwritten by something else

Sent from my ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk