If I buy a Tab S in the US and sent it to myself in Europe?

Search This thread

corvus.corax

Jul 1, 2013
Athens
I am thinking about buying a Tab S in the US and having it sent to me in Europe because even with shipping it is significantly cheaper than buying here. (Nice little Samsung pricing scam: $399 in US and 399 euros here - a 35% difference!!!!) Is there likely to be a warranty problem OR, more importantly, activation or OS upgrade issues, IMEI or CSC problems? I know it can sometimes be a problem with activations on their phones if they are activated out-of-region.

avenging

Sep 28, 2013
arent most electronics more expensive in europe though? im thinking of buying from amazon too but only for non-LTE one.

the tab s is currently being sold in bahrain only the LTE version and as im a cheapskate i'll wait for the wifi versions in saudi

Last edited:

murmur70

Jul 12, 2010
Bedford, IN
Warranty could be an issue as you would probably have to send it to the States for service. I purchased the Hong Kong version of the 7.7 and received what updates there were without any problems. Activation was not a problem either other than the opening screen being in Chinese.

Sent from my SM-T700 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

corvus.corax

Jul 1, 2013
Athens
arent most electronics more expensive in europe though? im thinking of buying from amazon too but only for non-LTE one.

the tab s is currently being sold in bahrain only the LTE version and as im a cheapskate i'll wait for the wifi versions in saudi

They seem more expensive here, but as I pointed out 399 in dollars and 399 in euros. It's like Samsung doesn't really want price parity. I should have said I want the wifi only, so I don't know if activation, IMEI and CSC matter.

HANSB57

I dont know the Greek rules.
But if I was to ship it to the Netherlands I would have to pay
Initial purchase (no sales tax)
Shipping
Import tax
Sales tax over purchase price and shipping (21%)
Import handeling fee for your shipper (UPS, Fedex??)

A quick calculation shows I finnaly would have to pay 415 euros. Hardly a bargain.

corvus.corax

Jul 1, 2013
Athens
If you send as a personal item / used electronics / (ahem) warranty repair [emoji12], all those problems go away - at least here. The one thing you do not do is send in an unopened factory box so they do not think you just bought it.

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
I live in France, I bought my Tab S 10.5 LTE on an Italian website.

I called Samsung France. The warranty is European, not worldwide. No problem for me.
The tab cost 100€ less than in France.

With shipping fees, I paid 512€ instead of 600€ in France.

corvus.corax

Jul 1, 2013
Athens
The price of the tab S offered on the italian site, with 3g/4g, is the same at the wifi-only version everywhere else. So, I am thinking, why not buy the 3g/4g+wifi. I never have to use the data connection, but if I ever desparately need 3g/4g, I can drop a SIM card into it. Hmmm. not a bad idea at all.

Last edited:

blueboy1971

Mar 2, 2013
I bought my Tab S on the day of release in the US and walked back into the UK with it saving about 100 quid. I have added my device to my Samsung devices page and entered the serial number with no issues so guessing that as long as they don't want a receipt of purchase then warranty should not be an issue.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
When I asked Samsung France about European warranty, they answered me "As long as you have the bill/receipt, it is ok, your Italian tablet is under warranty in France too"

Reactions: androidrouen

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
I'm not sure to understand your word...
Yes I bought the LTE version on this Italian website same price than wifi version in France, and I'm very happy with it.
I was in holiday this week, far from any wifi access point, I was very happy to have the LTE version (with my multi sim data plan).

Price in France for wifi version : http://www.materiel.net/tablette-tactile/samsung-galaxy-tab-s-10-blanc-105481.html

Price in Italy for LTE version : http://www.hw1.it/samsung-galaxy-tab-s-10-5-sm-t805ntsaitv/

Last edited:

corvus.corax

Jul 1, 2013
Athens
Take the 8.4inch, for example. The French site's price for the wifi-only tablet is the normally suggested 399 euro price. The wifi/4g-lte version is recommended to sell for 499 euros in Europe. But the Italian site is selling that one for 399 euros - a 100 euros discount (discount similar to the 10.5 inch prices). So my question is: are you satisfied with product you got from the Italian site because I think the price is quite low compared to what it is "supposed" to be.

Last edited:

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
Well it seems the price is normal in Italy, if you check some comparing Italian websites.
Yes I couldn't be more satisfied, I really recommend this website.
I asked some info in English by mail, they called me on my phone to confirm the tracking number of the package...
I was afraid when I paid, but now I'm very happy.

http://www.trovaprezzi.it/prezzo_tablet_galaxy_tab_s_10.5.aspx

I choosed hw1.it because they ship in France.

Reactions: corvus.corax

gggg

Jun 18, 2012
SM-T705

I am from Austria also tinking about ordering eg. at Amazon.it to have 30 days trial (cant be ordered in Germany from Austria right now) ...

Is it ok to flash an Austian Version e.g. CSC: T705ATO1ANF1 ???
1 will knox be triggered ?
2 is there any difference regarding GSM/LTE frequency bands or do all european devices have the same circuit boards ? One can look this up e.g. with myphoneexplorer (\System\build.prop Austria: ro.product.board=universal5420)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When I asked Samsung France about European warranty, they answered me "As long as you have the bill/receipt, it is ok, your Italian tablet is under warranty in France too"
    Well it seems the price is normal in Italy, if you check some comparing Italian websites.
    Yes I couldn't be more satisfied, I really recommend this website.
    I asked some info in English by mail, they called me on my phone to confirm the tracking number of the package...
    I was afraid when I paid, but now I'm very happy.

http://www.trovaprezzi.it/prezzo_tablet_galaxy_tab_s_10.5.aspx

I choosed hw1.it because they ship in France.