Sending texts through phone, on a computer

Search This thread

le rendezvous

Aug 24, 2010
Does anyone know of any apps that allow you to send and receive text messages through your phone with your computer? I know that PDA Net has the ability but it isn't compatible with Mac OSX. I am looking for something dedicated to text messages. I know I can do this with a VNC to my phone but that kind of thing is too laggy and slow.

Thanks!

ladidaaa

Sep 2, 2010
Hi,
The greatest App there is right now is smshare

You have to install this app on your Android phone, and the smshare Extension on your Chrome Browser.
Then you can type your SMS in the Chrome-Extension, and then the SMS will be sent to your phone, which then sends them as normal SMS. No Wifi hassels, and really comfortable and fast.
A new feature of smshare is that your incoming sms can be forwarded to your email account - so you don't even need to touch your phone for communication via SMS.

Another way is to use the Wifi SMS Apps.
On these kind of Apps (like for example RemoteSMS) you have to connect your phone to the same Wlan as your Computer, start the App on the Phone, and then you can log into an Webinterface with your Browser and compose the SMS there which then are sent from your phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: le rendezvous

AMoosa

Sep 24, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
The problem with smshare is that it uses a third party server so if privacy is a concern, then remotesms is much better. I use remotesms and u can actually connect via WLAN, usb or Bluetooth and it's a direct connection so no privacy concerns. Works brilliantly.

Reactions: le rendezvous

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    The greatest App there is right now is smshare

You have to install this app on your Android phone, and the smshare Extension on your Chrome Browser.
    Then you can type your SMS in the Chrome-Extension, and then the SMS will be sent to your phone, which then sends them as normal SMS. No Wifi hassels, and really comfortable and fast.
    A new feature of smshare is that your incoming sms can be forwarded to your email account - so you don't even need to touch your phone for communication via SMS.

Another way is to use the Wifi SMS Apps.
    On these kind of Apps (like for example RemoteSMS) you have to connect your phone to the same Wlan as your Computer, start the App on the Phone, and then you can log into an Webinterface with your Browser and compose the SMS there which then are sent from your phone.
    The problem with smshare is that it uses a third party server so if privacy is a concern, then remotesms is much better. I use remotesms and u can actually connect via WLAN, usb or Bluetooth and it's a direct connection so no privacy concerns. Works brilliantly.