Basebands collection for X8

Search This thread

Blagus

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2010
I've made bundles for FlashTool, for X8i and X8a, with basebands 006 and 015.
Kernel and baseband are related to each other, so if you have baseband 006, you'll have 2.0.2.A.0.24 kernel, and with baseband 015 you'll get 2.1.1.A.0.6 kernel.
If you try to flash latest kernel to phone with baseband 006, you'll get infinite boot loops. This can be fixed by simply flashing correct bundle (kernel/baseband).

This will NOT wipe userdata!

All basebands are in Xperia X8 folder on Mediafire.
Currently, these basebands are available:
X8i - E15i
Baseband 006 - kernel 2.0.2.A.0.24
Baseband 015 - kernel 2.1.1.A.0.6

X8a - E15a

Every baseband version is: M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-534040xy where xy is either 06 or 15, depending on which baseband you flash.

Update: jerpelea's CM7, racht's ports, as-mario's MIUI and ponanovn's MiniCM port are all made for latest kernel and baseband 015. Nice to see that, thanks ;)

Enjoy, and be careful, don't brick the phone, and if you do, don't blame me, you're doing this on your own risk! ;)

Last edited:

nizzle1

Oct 20, 2010
I've took both 006 and 015 basebands and made bundles for FlashTool.
Both have 2.1.1.A.0.6 FW's kernel, while amss and fota files differ.

It's for X8i version ONLY! If anyone has got 2.x flash files for X8a, give them to me and I'll make baseband bundle ;)

X8i
Baseband 006 - X8i_2.1.1.A.0.6_Baseband_006.7z
Baseband 015 - X8i_2.1.1.A.0.6_Baseband_015.7z

Don't forget to update 7-Zip to latest version if you have problems with opening archive.
(Note: 7-Zip gives me best compression ratio - about 38% for these files - which is required due to my slow upload)

Enjoy, and be careful, don't brick the phone, and if you do, don't blame me, you're doing this on your own risk! ;)

what is the advantage of this?? not meaning to be rude

Blagus

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2010
All four basebands are now tested, packed and uploaded to Mediafire ;)

Reactions: Lobialkon

maijinace

Mar 16, 2011
hi i did yesterday flash the bundle for x8i

but the setting says that i have kernel
kernel 2.0.2.A.0.24
and baseband 015

but i dont have any looping like you said. did i do something wrong!
how i know that my phone is i or a! i have a E15i!!!!

now i installed the mini cm and its working? why, my kernel was not on the newest version.

aldee_s

Mar 1, 2011
Serang
www.blackwings.cz.cc
hi i did yesterday flash the bundle for x8i

but the setting says that i have kernel
kernel 2.0.2.A.0.24
and baseband 015

but i dont have any looping like you said. did i do something wrong!
how i know that my phone is i or a! i have a E15i!!!!

now i installed the mini cm and its working? why, my kernel was not on the newest version.
He said "If you try to flash latest kernel to phone with baseband 006"

not to flash latest baseband to phone with old kernel. this is your status, you flash the latest baseband to old kernel.

what blagus said about infinite bootloops is when you flash the latest kernel (2.1.1) to phone with baseband 006, your case is the opposite. understand?

lim_ryan

Jun 14, 2010
OnePlus 8T
I try to flash the whenever i flash it says driver error to reinstall driver in flashtool folder, PC Companion run ok and install gordon gate also show i got latest driver,
but still got driver need to reinstall, what is the problem expert

Graveir

Jan 5, 2011
Łódź
Does PC Companion get your device into flash mode? If so, then redownload flashtool. If not - get your X8 connected and go into hardware manager of your computer, find your connected phone and erase all the drivers, then reinstall PC Companion for new drivers.

lim_ryan

Jun 14, 2010
OnePlus 8T
done that, uninstall everything and driver,
start all over again but result still the same,
keep asking to install and reinstall driver from driver folder

D

Deleted member 380325

Need explenation

deleted ....

Last edited by a moderator:

ad3qz

Nov 15, 2008
Originally Posted by blagus
I've took both 006 and 015 basebands and made bundles for FlashTool.
Both have 2.1.1.A.0.6 FW's kernel, while amss and fota files differ.

It's for X8i version ONLY! If anyone has got 2.x flash files for X8a, give them to me and I'll make baseband bundle

X8i
Baseband 006 - X8i_2.1.1.A.0.6_Baseband_006.7z
Baseband 015 - X8i_2.1.1.A.0.6_Baseband_015.7z

Don't forget to update 7-Zip to latest version if you have problems with opening archive.
(Note: 7-Zip gives me best compression ratio - about 38% for these files - which is required due to my slow upload)

Enjoy, and be careful, don't brick the phone, and if you do, don't blame me, you're doing this on your own risk!

My X8 firmware is 2.1 update 1 with baseband 06 build version 2.0.2.a.0.24
I have an infinte loop when using this file "Baseband 006 - X8i_2.1.1.A.0.6_Baseband_006.7z"

EDITED:
when i use "Baseband 015 - X8i_2.1.1.A.0.6_Baseband_015.7z", i have my baseband in 015, but the build number become 2.0.1.a.0.47.
if i want to upgrade to 2.1.1.a.0.6, what baseband should i use? :confused:

Last edited:

rdoggsv

May 25, 2009
Hello guys, just one quick question, why is it that upgrading to baseband 15 from 06 the phone requests the sim network unlock code?

I am using the same SIM card, and the sim card belongs to the phone operator, so i don't understand why is it asking for network unlock code if it is the same sim.

I have found a couple of threads here on xda that recommend to click on the Dismiss button, but if i do that, i don't get any signal.

I have donwgraded again to 06, when i did the upgrade to 15 i also installed floyo 1.0 via xrecovery and everything loaded perfectly except that i have no signal, so it is useless.

I have tried going manually to the settings of mobile networks, but it says that it is not able to register on the network.

Thank you for any tips,
Regards

Last edited:

biscoitu

Apr 26, 2011
Hello guys, just one quick question, why is it that upgrading to baseband 15 from 06 the phone requests the sim network unlock code?

I am using the same SIM card, and the sim card belongs to the phone operator, so i don't understand why is it asking for network unlock code if it is the same sim.

I have found a couple of threads here on xda that recommend to click on the Dismiss button, but if i do that, i don't get any signal.

I have donwgraded again to 06, when i did the upgrade to 15 i also installed floyo 1.0 via xrecovery and everything loaded perfectly except that i have no signal, so it is useless.

I have tried going manually to the settings of mobile networks, but it says that it is not able to register on the network.

Thank you for any tips,
Regards

Did you tried flashing your phone by SEUS to upgrade this directly from SE???

rdoggsv

May 25, 2009
Thanks for replying biscoitu, the phone came with 1.6, so i changed the SI because mine was not ready for 2.1. The new software that was updated via PC Companion is:

2.0.1.A.0.47 with baseband 06, 2.1-update1

And it is working fine, but now the pc companion says that its up to date, and it is not updating to the latest baseband, so i downloaded the ones included in this thread and flashed with flashtool, when i reboot i get asked for the network unlock code, if i dismiss it does not work.

I don't understand why it asks for it, if it is the same sim card. I have visited a couple of websites that sell codes for the x8 but when i confirm with my IMEI they say that they don't have available.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've made bundles for FlashTool, for X8i and X8a, with basebands 006 and 015.
    Kernel and baseband are related to each other, so if you have baseband 006, you'll have 2.0.2.A.0.24 kernel, and with baseband 015 you'll get 2.1.1.A.0.6 kernel.
    If you try to flash latest kernel to phone with baseband 006, you'll get infinite boot loops. This can be fixed by simply flashing correct bundle (kernel/baseband).

All basebands are in Xperia X8 folder on Mediafire.
    Currently, these basebands are available:
    X8i - E15i

X8a - E15a

Every baseband version is: M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-534040xy where xy is either 06 or 15, depending on which baseband you flash.

Update: jerpelea's CM7, racht's ports, as-mario's MIUI and ponanovn's MiniCM port are all made for latest kernel and baseband 015. Nice to see that, thanks ;)

Possibly a method for restoring signal issue when SEUS fails

Reserved for future use.
    All four basebands are now tested, packed and uploaded to Mediafire ;)