Best ICS for P1000

Search This thread

DominikHX

Jan 29, 2012
Aachen
Which software with Android ICS design/system is the best one for the gt-p1000?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

Feb 26, 2012
Guys i am searching for the same

Looking up for upgrading my p1000 os from GB to ICS
Is there any stable ics rom designed for p1000 along with kernel?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

dirlan2001

Dec 22, 2007
Hamme

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Depends on what you mean by stable.
It is pretty stable now, but not full featured yet.

crissza

Apr 9, 2012
Port Elizabeth, ZA
ics p1000

Last night I installed a CM9 ICS BUILD from a humberos kernel site using it now everything works except camera but the from has a screenshot function so what I do is open the camera app and other take the screenshot and just crop it and booom I'm happy

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Camera is fixed. If you don't know how to push changes, you should wait for a few more days to get new build that has fixes.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
which MIUI?
[ROM][GSM][ALPHA]MIUI ICS 2.1.6 Based on CM9 ??
If this is the one, well, it is an alpha ROM. So don't expect too much.
And hasn't been updated since Jan 2012.
The dev said don't use it as a daily rom.

That truly burst my bubble, cause once I downloaded it I feel in love with the way the entire interface looked and felt. All I can say is the development had something cooking there, I wish he would have maxed it out. It could have been really one of the best kernels out.. Just my option. Thanks for the feedback, I truly appreciate all of you that help us non knowing newbies out.. And I say that from the heart. Is there anything that comes close to it out..?? I'm using CM9'S build #31, it's good but the fonts are small and I miss the notification page that sides down. Can you please be kind enuff (not saying you haven't thus far) to put me one to the HOTTEST build out, we'll which ever you think is the best out for daily use for my GT-P1000. Thanks again, and muck blessings to you and yours.

ipit

Nov 29, 2010
I'm really not sure what you mean. The link I posted takes you the ICS ROM for P1000 device.

May be I'm misunderstanding your question.

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Hi luchiano,

If you are on cm9, there isn't a build 31.
That is ICS AOKP that has that build number.
You won't have slides down transparent notification like in gingerbread, sorry can't help there.
But font size can be increased easily in settings- display-font size.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

Cool, will I would like to start off by thanking you both Priyana and ipit, known to get a little clear I'm going to put up the spec that shows up on my about tablet section "kernel version -2. 6.35.7 sgt7-ics-TE4M #20120410 CAYANOGENMOD VERSION BUILD # CM9-SGT7 TE4M_20120410. @ Priyana, I was almost sure when I downloaded the version I seen build #31, however I could be wrong. Can you please do me the favor and send me a link to what ever version your on..?? It would be highly appreciated. Thanks again to you both. :) :) :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks priyana for responding.I just got a tmob tab p1000.
    1-i was wondering if aokp ics gives voice + edge like euro gingerbread?
    2-is the modem switcher an option on ics?
    3-while i stil have your attention:D which stable ics should i consider for everyday use. V#38?
    4-if my tab came rooted with gb inferno kernal do i need to worry about 1st installing overcome?:silly:
    Youre getting a biiiig thanks after you reply

1) yes, AOKP gives voice+edge ready to go, since it has the JPZ modem
    2) modem switcher not available for ICS. It is very simple actually, just swapping the JJB modem.bin into /radio/modem.bin , literally copy the file there and reboot will give you 3G without voice.
    Stimpz0r was considering adding that function to ROM Control, but hasn't got round to doing it. But you can do it by hand (well, by ES File Explorer or Root Explorer)
    3) I am on AOKP #38 myself. Very stable for me.
    4) Not sure about inferno kernel, but if it has CWM recovery it may be ok to use it to flash ICS. I say "may" because Humbertos once said there is a requirement for the kernel to set the machine name to p1.mach or something like that, which not all kernel does.
    Just flash it. at worst, really, the script will abort.
    But if you really want to fo by the book, then flash Overcome Kernel 4.0
    It has CWM flashable version too, not just by Odin, so you don't have to connect it to PC to do all that.
    No, you can't use ROM Manager or such.
    The only way to get CWM in is by flashing a kernel that has CWM.
    I am not familiar with Inferno kernel.
    What recovery does it have?

Edit: you will always have ZERO experience with Odin if you never START using it.

Edit2:

Go to overcome site
    Http://www.teamovercome.net

Read the guide,
    Missing pictures can be seen here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20974872
    Follow the picture step by step.
    (Of course - just jump to section that is for flashing Overcome Kernel, and you don't have to wait for the female robot voice to finish, just force it down and boot to recovery using vol-up + power )
    hi all.

I am currently on the stock 2.3.3 Gingerbread that was leaked to the forums before the OTA update was released.

I'd like to know if Build 38 (of the AOKP) is good enough as a daily driver? I frequently use the phone, SMS, wifi, camera, camcorder, GPS, Google Maps, the car dock, media player and some gaming.

will I be disappointed if I flash to Build 38?

Thank you all in advance!

Just look below ;).
    I recommend
    1-staying on 2.3.3 / restock with team overcome method
    2-do a doomlord root.
    3-download from market root uninstaller
    4-uninstall crap like weather clock, pulse, samsung apps. . . etc.
    ****if you have tmobile and want to use the phone while accepting your netspeed will never go beyond edge; you can flash with odin the JPZ modem. This negates the need to flash with european rom.

If you are really itching to install aokp #38 priyana did an excellent job of explaining the bootloop issue that you will face and how to overcome ;-) pun intended. That being said i would recommend you stay on GB for battery reasons, or move to earlier cyanogenmods for stability purposes.