Verizon G3 VS985 Video - Using Your Phone

Search This thread

simollie

Oct 19, 2008
San Jose
Hey, Do you have a verizon LG Phone?

I want to know what apps from Verzion are preloaded in Verizon LG Phones.

No I don't have a Verizon LG. I'm attaching a snapshot from the video linked above (at 4'07"). It shows the Verizon folder from the app drawer, with "Caller Name ID", "Cloud", "Isis Wallet", "My Verizon Mobile", "NFL Mobile", "Setup Wizard", "Slacker", "VZ Protect", "Voice Mail", "VZ Navigator". Don't know if this is the real final version but I'd think it should be close.

xgman

Sep 17, 2013
No I don't have a Verizon LG. I'm attaching a snapshot from the video linked above (at 4'07"). It shows the Verizon folder from the app drawer, with "Caller Name ID", "Cloud", "Isis Wallet", "My Verizon Mobile", "NFL Mobile", "Setup Wizard", "Slacker", "VZ Protect", "Voice Mail", "VZ Navigator". Don't know if this is the real final version but I'd think it should be close.

The date on the phone was late May in one of the shots. Too bad we can't tell the ram or storage. They got their stupid logo ready though.

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Look at all of the bloat

Sent from my LG-F400S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1403833197838.jpg
    1403833197838.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 184

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Bloat shmoat. If this is a 16gb model, Verizon can choke on the phone and the bloat on it :)

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
I remember when my Incredible couldn't hide or uninstall all that bloat (without rooting). I hope they don't yank out the wireless charging like they did with the Note 2... As far as I know, they aren't pushing the droid brand as hard as they were a couple years ago so I have high hopes of an untouched version.

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I remember when my Incredible couldn't hide or uninstall all that bloat (without rooting). I hope they don't yank out the wireless charging like they did with the Note 2... As far as I know, they aren't pushing the droid brand as hard as they were a couple years ago so I have high hopes of an untouched version.

They did yank wireless charging out. Only way to get wireless charging is to buy the case.

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
They did yank wireless charging out. Only way to get wireless charging is to buy the case.

I haven't seen any reliable websites join in and claim this. But even if those rumors are true, switching the back will fix it. With the Verizon Note 2, the only way to get wireless charging was to solder the parts to your phone - not just simply put a tmobile back on it.

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
Lol. I usually don't care about carrier logos...but that's terrible

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Do a little searching, you'll find it.

Show me the official announcement. All articles stating it seem to source the verge who does not state where they got their information. If it's official, I'd be able to trace it back to a direct Verizon or LG source.

Lorimere

Jul 18, 2010
North Carolina
Show me the official announcement. All articles stating it seem to source the verge who does not state where they got their information. If it's official, I'd be able to trace it back to a direct Verizon or LG source.

Not sure where the article is now. But LG stated that Korea and US varients would not come with Qi charging. Its still built into the phone. Just the korea and US phones will not include the back with charging built in like the international version.

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
This is apparently the "lite" version of the G pro 2. The g3 still has the logo offset

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app