3rd party battery mah database

Search This thread

bitslizer

Jul 7, 2006
My month old HTC OEM 1730mAh is reporting 1871mAh at present. I do believe its actually more like 1700mAH though.. as this is the first time I've seen the reading this high, possibly due to me using USB charging rather than the HTC charger.

I will try the 3500mAh battery again and see what I get.
beside the USB charge, did you follow the same process? In my experiences it tend to report higher mah before its 100% finish charging... have to charge it to 100% unplug and use to below 95% and then get a reading (that's when it finally stablize)

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
Yes, longer charges (i.e. from lower power levels), result in it showing more mAh. I've seen this same battery display 1500mah before (and now it's showing over 1850mAh), which is why I always take the readings with a pinch of salt.

The thing I did different was that I had it in a dock with an MHL adaptor playing films.

w0rdOo

Feb 1, 2011
Detroit
I'm interested in this thread OP, I'd like to make a suggestion though. The OP is looking pretty cluttered right now, I think that it might be easier to make a google docs file that anyone with the link to it can access and add on to. I'm not sure how hard it is to set one up like this (I'm pretty sure it's fairly easy actually, but I've never shared my google docs files with others before). If you want to see what my suggestion would look like in action, head on over to korey_nicholson's thread about PRLs. In the OP in that link I posted, he has a link to his google documents spreadsheet that he set up for collecting information on PRLs.

Also, I have an OEM battery, a Seidio 4000 mAh battery, and a Platinum 1900 mAh battery (the Platinum is a rebranded Seidio battery that I bought in Best Buy), so I'd like to supply some data for you soon, once I get a few days of usage in with each battery.

bitslizer

Jul 7, 2006
if I follow the same process each time, my result have been VERY consistent.

also what I meant is if you take a calibration measured reading when its like 90...95...99% it will be higher than if you let it actually reach 100%, unplug and use it till 90-95% then take a reading. and that's the number that is VERY consistent between each cycle

my OEM battery was reading north of 2000mah at one point during the charge cycle.

alslo did you deleted the old history? I "think" old history may also affect the charge rate, and the history file doesn't actually record which batter yis being used

Last edited:

bitslizer

Jul 7, 2006
I'm interested in this thread OP, I'd like to make a suggestion though. The OP is looking pretty cluttered right now, I think that it might be easier to make a google docs file that anyone with the link to it can access and add on to. I'm not sure how hard it is to set one up like this (I'm pretty sure it's fairly easy actually, but I've never shared my google docs files with others before). If you want to see what my suggestion would look like in action, head on over to korey_nicholson's thread about PRLs. In the OP in that link I posted, he has a link to his google documents spreadsheet that he set up for collecting information on PRLs.

Also, I have an OEM battery, a Seidio 4000 mAh battery, and a Platinum 1900 mAh battery (the Platinum is a rebranded Seidio battery that I bought in Best Buy), so I'd like to supply some data for you soon, once I get a few days of usage in with each battery.
Thanks, I'll look into it, the google doc is a good idea, see if i can make the time to figure that out.

It would be great if we can get the results from the Seidio 4000 and 1900, For consistency sake please do your best to follow the process established in the first post, or at least when you post the result say you didn't follow the process and how you differed.

I mean you don't need to dedicate your phone 100% to the testing, I still use mine during the day as normal as needed, but perform the charge/discharge when the phone is idle (I kept an extra charger at the office for the charge cycles) its just very important not to unplug the phone during the charge cycle until it reach 100%

w0rdOo

Feb 1, 2011
Detroit
Thanks, I'll look into it, the google doc is a good idea, see if i can make the time to figure that out.

It would be great if we can get the results from the Seidio 4000 and 1900, For consistency sake please do your best to follow the process established in the first post, or at least when you post the result say you didn't follow the process and how you differed.

I mean you don't need to dedicate your phone 100% to the testing, I still use mine during the day as normal as needed, but perform the charge/discharge when the phone is idle (I kept an extra charger at the office for the charge cycles) its just very important not to unplug the phone during the charge cycle until it reach 100%

I have the time to follow the guidelines laid out in the OP, and I always charge til 100%. I'd be happy to supply some data for you. I'll start with the 1900 battery. I'll get a few cycles in before I post any data though

Edit: I realize this thread was started back in July, but I noticed on the first page you mentioned that you wanted to see what the Platinum battery actually read after pulling the sticker. Do you still want that info? I have one as stated above. I haven't pulled the sticker yet but I will if you'd like.

Last edited:

bitslizer

Jul 7, 2006
I think with the BMW calibration method, the sticker pull is not really necessary anymore, I just left it in there for record sake.

w0rdOo

Feb 1, 2011
Detroit
I think with the BMW calibration method, the sticker pull is not really necessary anymore, I just left it in there for record sake.

ok sounds good. I'll have some battery info coming your way in a couple days. Today was a bad day for draining my phone, I killed my whole Seidio 1900 battery before I realized that I accidentally killed battery monitor widget in the task manager while I was at 100%. I checked the history and it had 2 records; 100% and 4% :(

Time to start over tomorrow

bitslizer

Jul 7, 2006
beside the USB charge, did you follow the same process? In my experiences it tend to report higher mah before its 100% finish charging... have to charge it to 100% unplug and use to below 95% and then get a reading (that's when it finally stablize)
Just for example on the Gallio the first 2 charge cycle following the process was 1023 and 987 respectively which is relatively close to each other, on my 3rd charge cycle I was force to unplug at 99% and it came out to 1221mah, quite a big difference (20%+).

re-doing my 3rd charge cycle now, and moving on to the chichitech (my last battery) later today

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Some of those ebay oem batterries look legit or atleast I can't tell the difference with the sticker. Good question.

lhayati

Sep 20, 2010
Oxford
Ok I just received my 3500mAh eBay battery today. I bought the Battery Monitor Widget Pro app and. I charged the device to 99% and am currently discharging using the 'MAX' method.

So it's as simple and charging it then discharging it a few times? and when will the avg mAh appear? (after 1 discharge / charge?). I really want to contribute, but i'm kind of confused by the method displayed on the first post.

Thanks,
Louis

bitslizer

Jul 7, 2006
Ok I just received my 3500mAh eBay battery today. I bought the Battery Monitor Widget Pro app and. I charged the device to 99% and am currently discharging using the 'MAX' method.

So it's as simple and charging it then discharging it a few times? and when will the avg mAh appear? (after 1 discharge / charge?). I really want to contribute, but i'm kind of confused by the method displayed on the first post.

Thanks,
Louis
yes just discharge it to as close to 1% as possible and charge it to 100% (must let it charge all the way to 100%/green light), then unplug and use the phone to about 95% and check the calibration screen.
the 3x cycles basically just to ensure that you are getting a steady/accurate result (sometime something can skew the numbers high or low)

What part of the instruction are you confused on? I'm all for making it more clear/easy to understand and any feedback will be appreciated

Last edited:
Reactions: lhayati

lhayati

Sep 20, 2010
Oxford
yes just discharge it and charge it to 100% (must let it charge all the way to 100%/green light), then unplug and use the phone to about 95% and check the calibration screen.
the 3x cycles basically just to ensure that you are getting a steady/accurate result (sometime something can skew the numbers high or low)

What part of the instruction are you confused on? I'm all for making it more clear/easy to understand and any feedback will be appreciated

Thanks I understand it now :) (thanks given)

I didnt understand the 2% thing:

"I can get mine to about 2% with the 3500mah by plugging in, restarting the phone and unplugging while its starting till it auto shut off again, and repeating about 2 or 3 times"

It's just a bit confusing. And the formatting of it it's too close. If you can space out each step it would be great. :)

bitslizer

Jul 7, 2006
Thanks I understand it now :) (thanks given)

I didnt understand the 2% thing:

"I can get mine to about 2% with the 3500mah by plugging in, restarting the phone and unplugging while its starting till it auto shut off again, and repeating about 2 or 3 times"

It's just a bit confusing. And the formatting of it it's too close. If you can space out each step it would be great. :)
ok

The larger the charge range the more accurate result will be,
pay attention to when your phone auto-shutoff is it at 5%? 3%? if after auto shutoff you force/trick the phone to turn on you can make the phone get to a lower % state, I can usually get my phone to 2% or 1%, although once purely by accident when i started the phone back up it was actually at 0% :O

but don't try to over do it, as too low can damage Li-ion battery

Pretty busy in the office lately, I'll re do the formatting and the google spreadsheet thing once I have a chance

----

Update putted up a google spreadsheet and re-format the first post a little to make it easier to read

Last edited:

lhayati

Sep 20, 2010
Oxford
Ok I got my result and it came to this:

201204.jpg

Not as impressive as yours :/ I think that with more runs I could have got a higher score.

bitslizer

Jul 7, 2006
hmm that strange

1) try using the force power up trick to get to 2% battery left

2) you did not do the after 100% charge, use phone till 95% step

3) did you delete battery history from before?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ---Updated April 2012

Some new updates, so I recently bit the bullet and brought the 3500mah battery off amazon sold by HandHelditem (ebay one look the same) and started some testing with Battery monitor widget (BMW)

Google Spreadsheet
    Battery result in this google spreadsheet, all users are welcome to contribute
    if you did not follow the process posted below, please explain in the comments section

The spreadsheet is no longer available

Proposed method for testing battery mah rating as following

Get Battery Monitor Widget Free or Pro (BMW)
    (Free only allow tracking of 2 battery at the same time)

BMW Settings
    history update rate 5 min (this is critical for comparison, different rate may generate different result, to get best apple to apple comparison we should all use the same rate, 5 min is the default)
    MA retreival override to EVO 3D
    Set to monitor without widget
    Measure on boot = yes
    Set battery MA rating to the "advertise rating"

Charger
    Capable of 1000ma/1A output (i'm actually using my HP touchpad 2A charger)

Phone settings:
    I'm still using my phone if necessary since this is my daily phone and i don't have a spare but upon finishing a call or email check i would resume where I left off

Phone setting for discharging (to maximize drain rate so I can do more test in less time)

1) mild version, set
    4g = on (doesn't matter have connection or not just to help increase drain)
    screen brightness 100%
    screen time out = never
    play a 3D movie with 3D on and looping
    I get about 400-500ma drain rate using this

2) max version (watch out for overheat especially on overclocked phone)
    4g = on
    screen brightness = 100%
    time out = never
    load up a angry bird space level (not just the menu screen, the actual playing screen where the bird is waiting to be launch)
    I get about 800-1000+ma drain rate, but the phone will get very warm/hot

Phone setting for charging
    screen brightness = auto or minimal
    4g = off
    phone = sleep as much as possible(screen have a high power usage so turn off screen/ put the phone to sleep in order to give fastest charge rate)
    phone must be ON but can be SLEEPING in order for battery monitor to log the history.

*disclaimer either method i'm not responsible if your phone is damage/bricked as a result of this testing or overheating*

To start testing.

1) if you already have Batter monitor widget, clear the history
    2) whatever battery level you are on (better if you are at 100%), start discharging till phone shut off. For the first time on a battery, best to get it to as low as possible, I can get mine to about 2% with the 3500mah by plugging in, restarting the phone and unplugging while its starting till it auto shut off again, and repeating about 2 or 3 times.
    3) power on the phone (may have to let it charge for 15-30 seconds first).
    4) let it charge to 100%/green light, do not unplug/interrupt the charge, if you unplug before reaching 100% start over from step 2 You are allow to use the phone if necessary, ie take/make calls, check something online quickly, but best to just let it idle if possible, note that often it may take a long time to go from 99% to 100%, my EVO 3D will be stuck on 99% for a LOONNGGG time during "saturation charging" with the 3500mah for example about 1 hr55min to charge from 2%-99% then another 1hr50min to charge from 99%-100%)
    5) after each charge reach 100%, unplug and uses the phone till it reach about 90-95% (this step is critical, as the result from the calibrated screen at 100% is slightly lower without this step)
    6) get the result from the BMW calibration screen "Measured" result
    7) repeat step 2-6 twice more

*) if you are going to test a second battery Clear the history in BMW before changing battery, following BMW instruction on changing battery

Result from each cycle should be fairly consistent if you have a result that is much higher/lower something may have happen during the charge cycle that skew the numbers, you should redo that cycle.
    I choose the 3x charge/discharge as a reasonable compromise between testing time and accurate result (more charge/discharge cycle = more accurate)
    Since we are all running the same phone the result should be fairly consistent and should be able to compare between different users

Will be interesting to get the result from other people's input
    especially the Mugen/Seidio/Anker FAT extended battery.

FYI I'm using meanrom OC to 1.5ghz with anthrax kernel

More about charging Li-Ion battery
    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a..._ion_batteries

Examples of charge discharge graph for testing

3500mah%25202012-04-05_15-43-40.jpg
    3500mah%25202012-04-05_15-43-50.jpg

-------------------------
    RESULTS
    3500mah = 2800mah +/- 12%
    3500mah%25202012-04-05_15-53-35.jpg

OEM 1730mah used for 3 months (July through Oct)
    2012-04-06_20-49-05.jpg

Gallio 2000mah very lightly used as a backup = about 1000mah
    2012-04-10_21-49-35.jpg

Chichitec 1900mah used daily since October = about 1800mah

--- Legacy Sticker pull info below---

Just want to list out all the EVO 3D aftermarket batteries rating as per reported by members using the sticker pull method. info are not guarantee, they are only as accurate as the report I receive.

FYI, Sensation 4G batteries are compatible with EVO 3D

Current best bet to have similar or better than OEM EVO 3D battery

ChiChitec
    Anker

From report they seem to use the same battery. Here's a giant thread on the Sensation forum discussing the Anker with some ChiChitec throw in.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1128568

---Note the Sensation 4G OEM battery is only 1520mah, so Sensation users saying better than OEM performance does not necessarily mean EVO 3D users will see better than OEM performance, as EVO 3D OEM battery is 1730mah.---

---Advice: when possible, try to buy retail package instead of loose, seem the 2000mah Galilio maybe FAKE, but I have seen listing on ebay for retail pack 1800mah Galilio, and I have read in other thread that the Anker also come in loose, not sure if those are fake or legit

Last but no least, I want to thank you for everyone who have PM me with reports or additions

Battery listing

1800mah black/silver sticker ebay/amazon batteries
    =1000 mah (multiple confirmed with photo)

Galilio 2000mah
    =1000 mah (2 report + OP personally sticker pulled)
    =900 mah if sticker pull reveal 524548AP

1850mah Red/Silver/Yellow
    =1300 mah (1 report)

eBay: Anker 1900mah /
    Chichitec 1900mah /
    eBay: Galilio 2500mah SLIM
    = sticker pull reveal only hd545148ar and 11F18NF1700, suspect this is 1700mah

Laza 1730 mah
    =1000 mah (1 report)

Amazon Trexcell: 1730mah
    =1000 mah (1 report)

Amazon Hyperion: 1800mah
    =1000 mah
    Bumping this. I see lots of posts about batteries lately and this thread has been dormant for a while and have lots of info for those looking to buy 3rd party batteries.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

This thread shouldve been stickied a long time ago...
    FYI, chichitec may also be available on ebay under sensation 4g, but no guarantee if those are real or fake

I just did a big update to the first post, anyone following this thread but have not read the first post for a while should check it out again.

I went through my first day with the Galilio 2000mah, so far my feeling is that its not as good as the OEM, at this time of the day, lighter usage today, I've 60% left, I think i normally have 70-80% left on the OEM, not very scientific I know, but best I can do without a fancy discharge meter.
    I don't see Anker ones for 3D I tried to Google it.

They're listed as Sensation batteries. Same physical size. Here's a LINK for one battery + charger. If you want two batteries + charger click on*see other items* under sellers name.
    The expansys extended battery (the one that looks like the gorilla gadgets battery) is extremely nice. It is heavy and the new cover does not for perfectly, but dang, the battery has quite a long life. It is at least twice the life of stock. After a full day of normal use, I'm still at 45%. It is far better than the Hyperion I had 2 weeks ago.