[Q] Are RMAs successful or not?

Did an RMA fix your issues?

• RMA fixed my issues.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • RMA didn't fix anything

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • RMA fixed my issue, but it took a few tries.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • RMA made it worse.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

zmattmanz

Jun 15, 2008
Greensboro, NC
I love Android and was so excited to get my N10. Mine had creaks, a little light bleed and one reboot and about 5 freezes since I've had it in the past week and it was laggy in some apps. All forgivable, but tonight it started flashing white with black on the entire screen between transitions (I was able to reproduce this by tabbing the home and apps drawer back and forth). Screen flashing and artifacts are a deal breaker.

So, is anyone successful with their RMAs? Do these issues get resolved or more like a few of the horror stories I've seen with 5-6 returns to Google.

Last edited:

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
If you RMA with Google, it's somewhat random luck (it seems) as to what kind of device you'll get next. If you RMA with Samsung, it might take a bit longer to get you device back, but it "should" be fixed (unless the problem is software-related anyway)

killerapl

Mar 5, 2011
I love Android and was so excited to get my N10. Mine had creaks, a little light bleed and one reboot and about 5 freezes since I've had it in the past week and it was laggy in some apps. All forgivable, but tonight it started flashing white with black on the entire screen between transitions (I was able to reproduce this by tabbing the home and apps drawer back and forth). Screen flashing and artifacts are a deal breaker.

So, is anyone successful with their RMAs? Do these issues get resolved or more like a few of the horror stories I've seen with 5-6 returns to Google.

if you purchased from google play and its the 15 day window then call up google. They should send you a new device. If after 15 day then Samsung is the one to contact and I heard some bad stuff about that process.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

zmattmanz

Jun 15, 2008
Greensboro, NC
if you purchased from google play and its the 15 day window then call up google. They should send you a new device. If after 15 day then Samsung is the one to contact and I heard some bad stuff about that process.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Got mine from Staples last Saturday. It's an RC32CC I think. So I can return in no problem.

michaelearth

May 27, 2010
South Dakota
Ive had my nexus 10 since Christmas and last week the volume button suddenly died on me. I called up Google and had a free RMA heading my way within 20 minutes of being on the phone. I was blown away by how awesome Google's customer service was and how nice they were.

Anyways, the RMA I received was better than the original one I had bought off of Google Play. The hardware buttons were no longer loose and are now rock solid. And my screen uniformity is 100x better than my original. I may have gotten lucky, but I'm extremely satisfied. :cool:

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
Ive had my nexus 10 since Christmas and last week the volume button suddenly died on me. I called up Google and had a free RMA heading my way within 20 minutes of being on the phone. I was blown away by how awesome Google's customer service was and how nice they were.
Free? As in you weren't required to put down the $400-$500 price on-hold?

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com

Actually if you ordered from google play, you can call google up to a YEAR after you purchased,and they'll send you a new device(thats their way of "repairing")

Free? As in you weren't required to put down the $400-$500 price on-hold?

technically it is free
free means you dont have to pay, and you dont
they authorize the full amount,which drops off after a few days
of course its not free and you have to pay if and only if you fail to return the broken one

a "hold" is simply not the same as actually paying for the tablet

Rodeojones

Aug 6, 2010
Bloomer, WI
I had extremely painless (pleasant, even) experiences with RMAs through Google. However, it did take a couple tries for my issues to be resolved. My first replacement was worse than the one I was sending back, but they got it right with my second replacement. And in both cases the $499 hold on my account was released before the tablet I sent them had even been received. I'm thinking that as soon as the tracking info was updated showing the tablet was sent it was released (just speculation, but both times the holds were released within 24 hours of UPS updating the tracking info). And my phone calls were easy - less than 20 minutes each time. There have been some horror stories on here about RMAs, but not all have been bad.

uncola

Feb 6, 2009
My nexus 10 arrived with one speaker dead. If I pushed down on the corner the speaker was in, it would work again while I held it down. I got an rma replacement from google play and everything was working.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
If your device is rooted, and you have custom recovery installed do you have to return it to stock before you can RMA it? My camera doesn't seem to work, but I haven't gotten around to RMA'ing it because I've been too busy.

It's generally always a good idea to revert to 100% stock and locked when sending them back.

Rodeojones

Aug 6, 2010
Bloomer, WI
If your device is rooted, and you have custom recovery installed do you have to return it to stock before you can RMA it? My camera doesn't seem to work, but I haven't gotten around to RMA'ing it because I've been too busy.

I went to 100% stock before sending mine back. Just to be safe I wanted to make sure Google/Samsung didn't try to pin the issue on it having been rooted.