[APP] Apollo Music Black Widget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

D4rKn3sSyS

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Well guys, I made this cuz I hated that white thing, it really messes up how my UI looks, basically wrote a few things on Apollo sources and resources, for making widget black, as seems like themes cant do it

This is a part I sumbitted to CM gerrit (Only the new widgets that don't use resources but a shape, marquee effect, plus 25% transparency resource and that awesome pressed effect), wich I hope Andrew neals merges soon. As for the widget, I just themed a few images with Gimp, overwrote layouts with holo_light, and some sources with holo_light too (too much work now that I think it :/)

This is a preview
Screenshot_2012-06-12-21-14-44.png
Screenshot_2012-06-12-21-25-41.png

Remind this only themes widget. If you want to theme the entire app, use black theme together with this.

All the credits go to CyanogenMod team, specifically to Andrew Neal, who wrote Apollo.

For installing, push to /system/app, replace if you already had it, and set permission to 644
or

xxo
xoo
xoo

EDIT: I'm sorry if it looks ugly or somehow messed, im not themer but developer, not used to do PNG's but .java & .xml (those are surelly not messed ;))

Attachments

• Apollo.apk
    424 KB · Views: 6,926
Last edited:

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Well guys, I made this cuz I hated that white thing, it really messes up how my UI looks, basically wrote a few things on Apollo sources and resources, for making widget black, as seems like themes cant do it

This is a part I sumbitted to CM gerrit (Only the new widgets that don't use resources but a shape, marquee effect, plus 25% transparency resource and that awesome pressed effect), wich I hope Andrew neals merges soon. As for the widget, I just themed a few images with Gimp, overwrote layouts with holo_light, and some sources with holo_light too (too much work now that I think it :/)

This is a preview

Remind this only themes widget. If you want to theme the entire app, use black theme together with this.

All the credits go to CyanogenMod team, specifically to Andrew Neal, who wrote Apollo.

For installing, push to /system/app, replace if you already had it, and set permission to 644
or

xxo
xoo
xoo

EDIT: I'm sorry if it looks ugly or somehow messed, im not themer but developer, not used to do PNG's but .java & .xml (those are surelly not messed ;))

I really like your taste in music :)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: TauSigmaNova

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Thank you so much! I really wanted to make it black <3
IMHO it looks amazing. Good job! Better than original widget without transparency ;p

Last edited:

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Thank you so much! I really wanted to make it black <3
IMHO it looks amazing. Good job! Better than original widget without transparency ;p

Yeah well it seems Andrew Neal (who wrote the app) didn't like the transparency and he just -1'd the change I did sumbit to gerrit, even after other 4 users gave +1 :/. So I guess you will have old widget on CM nightlies.

bartoloandre98

Oct 9, 2010
Yeah well it seems Andrew Neal (who wrote the app) didn't like the transparency and he just -1'd the change I did sumbit to gerrit, even after other 4 users gave +1 :/. So I guess you will have old widget on CM nightlies.

Can't u cherry pick them in ur paranoidandroid rom?

Sent from My Samsung Galaxy S2 running Paranoidandroid Rom.What else if not?=P

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Can't u cherry pick them in ur paranoidandroid rom?

Sent from My Samsung Galaxy S2 running Paranoidandroid Rom.What else if not?=P

Yep, I can do it, but I'd like to see it merged on Apollo, thing that will not happen :p. For using it on our build we'd have to start Apollo git and track it on our sources, pretty much a lot of work just for transparency on the widget.

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
Dude, you're surely a hard rock fan, anyway, i have created a flashable zip if someone is interested.

ArmorD

Sep 29, 2011
Helsinki
Looks great! I like when everything is dark and black and this one looks good on my homescreen! :)

Ps. Nirvana rocks! ;)

Sent from my potatato

iT0mm0

May 2, 2012
Many many thanks for this mod. Ive just jumped on the JellyBean bandwagon and this fits with everything absolutley spot on :good:

Jevv

Aug 2, 2012
Thanks! Been searching for this for a while now :). Looks great! I only got one question, or, actually, a request. I tried to do it myself with some tuts but I can't get it to work (too noob probably).

Anyway, I'm using 'Lucid' as a theme to make most widgets transparent (see screenshot), but the other widgets are more transparent then your Apollo widget. Is it alot of work for you to make it so that the transparency resembles the other widgets?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-02-12-33-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-02-12-33-59.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 533
Last edited:

ilcontegis

Mar 18, 2010
Kawasaki
That's great! Thanks!

Actually I don't understand why they made the default widget white, is really ugly and doesn't fit at all with JB theme.
This should be added as default!

Reactions: NoorBall
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is a preview

or

xxo
    xoo
    xoo

This is a preview

or

xxo
    xoo
    xoo

I really like your taste in music :)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2
    That's great! Thanks!

Actually I don't understand why they made the default widget white, is really ugly and doesn't fit at all with JB theme.
    This should be added as default!
    Ill close this thread for 3 reasons:

1. Is becoming an offtopic discussions
    2. This is not going to be further developed
    3. Apollo has merged a lot of fixes / features / whatsoever that you will lose installing this.

Patch is open source, if you want to get it on to your rom, just cerry pick and mmm it