[WIDGET][ICS] NotificationBrowser v25

Search This thread

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
Here I present a program called Notification Browser. It will show a list of all received notifications and tries to extract the info and show it as a list. Also a widget is included. Tapping the notification should start the corresponding intent and tapping the garbage bin icon should delete the notification from the list. The idea was to be able to have a full screen launcher and even then having easy access to notifications.
For it to work, you need to go to accessibility settings and enable Notification browser.

Market link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dapaua.notificationbrowser

Settings and their meaning:
Widget Background: Allows you to choose the background from three not that different options.
Widget opacity: Allows you to make the widget transparent. 100% opacity means not transparent a t all. 0% means totally transparent.
Icon type: Allows you to choose between 4 different options for the icon. "Notification" means the small icon that appears in the notification bar. Application is the icon shown in the launcher for the app. Original means the original colors. Coloured means that it will use the "Color for notifications" value.
Use notification icon: Some notifications show a different icon when the notification bar is expanded, for example Gmail or whatsapp. The program will use this icon if available instead of the one set in "Option type".
Use blacklist: Filters the notification according to the blacklisted apps list. If an app is in the list, enabling this option disables its notifications in the widget.
Blacklisted apps: Space separated list of packagenames for the apps that are disabled when "Use blacklist" is set to true. You can add as many apps as you like using the package name.
Title text size: Text size for the notification title (What is shown in folded notifications).
Body text size: Text size for all the other text that is shown in unfolded notifications.
Only 1 notif per app: When an app adds a new notification, old ones are automatically removed if this option is enabled.
Show the clock. Will show a clock over the notifications.
Remove widget title: Will totally hide and disable the widget title and clear all notifications button.
Transparent widget title: Will hide but not disable the widget title and clear all notifications button.
Hide clock if there are more than...: Will hide hte clock when there are more than the selected umber of notifications. The clock will appear again when the notifications are cleared.
Swap title and subtitle: Notifications have a ticker text, that briefly appears in the notification bar. This is the title. Then they have the text that appears when you unfold the notification bar. Sometimes they contain different text. Enabling this option will exchange both values. I prefer to have this set to enabled, but you can choose.
Color for UI elements: Color for the buttons and title.
Color for notifications: Color for the text in the nofications, and the notification icons if the coloured option is selected in "Icon type".

Feedback is really appreciated.
I want to publish this on the market at some point and (maybe) add a premium version with extended theme support.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible of any damage derived from the use of this software.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-20-12-02-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-20-12-02-39.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 7,767
  • Screenshot_2012-12-20-12-14-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-20-12-14-03.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 6,347
  • NotificationBrowser_v8.apk
    283.6 KB · Views: 29
  • NotificationBrowser_v9.apk
    283.6 KB · Views: 555
  • NotificationBrowser_v10.apk
    289.3 KB · Views: 79
  • NotificationBrowser_v11.apk
    327.7 KB · Views: 25
  • NotificationBrowser_v12.apk
    329 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2013-01-08-12-36-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-08-12-36-46.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2,948
  • NotificationBrowser_v13.apk
    329.3 KB · Views: 29
  • NotificationBrowser_v14.apk
    329.3 KB · Views: 58
  • NotificationBrowserv15.apk
    331.1 KB · Views: 10
  • NotificationBrowser_v16.apk
    331.6 KB · Views: 8
  • NotificationBrowser_v17.apk
    331.6 KB · Views: 22
  • NotificationBrowser_v18.apk
    331.9 KB · Views: 9
  • NotificationBrowser_v19.apk
    333.1 KB · Views: 10
  • NotificationBrowser_v20.apk
    333.1 KB · Views: 22
  • NotificationBrowser_v22.apk
    393.3 KB · Views: 29
  • NotificationBrowser_v23.apk
    757.5 KB · Views: 28
  • NotificationBrowser_v24.apk
    843.3 KB · Views: 32
  • NotificationBrowser_v25.apk
    843.4 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
History

v1. First Release.

v2. -Now the "X" notification clear button works.
-Transparency and color added to widget. Will be configurable at some point.
-New Background, easier to configure in the future.
-Configuration utility planned.
v3. -Color filters per application (Not configurable yet, but system notifications appear in orange)
-Higher compatibility (The application sends a notification at start that is scanned to find the correct fields)
v4.
*IF UPDATING, YOU WILL NEED TO UNINSTALL OLD VERSION FIRST*
-Now widget only shows the last notification for each app. Clicking the widget banner will show the Notification Browser app, with all the notification history.
-Main app now uses different colors depending on the origin of the notification.
- Now only the settings utility is missing. There you may choose color and text size for notifications, amongst other things
v5
-Following nuttsak advices (Thanks, man!), I removed the trash bin and again all notifications appear on the widget.
-Clicking the notification opens the activity and removes it from the widget list, but not from the app list.
-Fixed a bug that made that the wrong activity was launched when the notification was pushed.
-Settings will be added after christmas, so Merry Christmas to all.
v6
-Now notifications are expandable. Press on the notification to see extended info and actions. Press again to fold the notification. Buttons do the following: Launch action, Delete notification, delete all notifications from the same app.
-Used the app icon for notification. Old code is there, so when configuration utility is done, it will be user choice.
-Fixed date to match phone country style.
-Fixed some bugs.
v7
-Settings working. To change settings, tap the header of the widget, and then press the small settings icon (only works when it is blue).
-Available settings at the moment:Widget background style, background opacity, icon type, text size.
v8.
-Fixes some Application not responding errors
-Easier to set up.
v9.
Fixed small bug in v8 :)
v10.
-Supports notifications without ticker text(including Gtasks). Due to this, I had to filter out the OS messages, like "wifi network found" and such because some of them were flooding the app. Notifications with no text at all (Like phone call in progress) do not show.
-New icon
v11.
-Notification behaviour reverted to v9. Notifications without ticker text don't appear anymore, as many ghost notifications were being shown.
-Configurable colours for notifications.
-Notification title and subtitle can now be swapped.
-Fixed some bugs.
TODO: Add a clock that will show when no notifications are present, (suggested by makejau).
v12.
-Added clock. The clock can be configured to disappear when a number of notifications appear (Gràcies per la suggerència, makejau!).
-Option to only show the last notification for each app added.
v13.
-Fixes error with multiple widgets - Only the most recent widget was being refreshed.
v14.
-Option to hide widget title, as suggested by skratch1702.
v15.
-Option to make title invisible while retaining functionality.
-Duplicated notifications are not added to the list.
-Should work on JB Lockscreen.
v16.
-Added basic app filtering. I will make this easier to use at some point. this is to check if it works or not.
Go to options. Activating the "Use blacklist" option enables it. Then add the package name of the app to "Blacklisted apps".
For example, for tasker you need to add net.dinglisch.android.taskerm to the list. Add the package names separated by spaces.
How to obtain package names?
Option 1: Go to play store and check the http address. It's there between "id=" and "&"
Option 2: Use titanium and click on the app. Then click on the yellow text with the app name. You get the package name for that app.
There are many other ways.
Default value is "com.android.providers.downloads android"
The first one (com.android.providers.downloads) is the download manager. The second one(android) is the system, to avoid "Wifi found", "Usb connected","choose keyboard" and so on.
This option only stops new notifications from registering in the widget, doesn't delete old ones.
-Option to use the icon that appears inside the notification as the icon. For example, in Gmail or whatsapp, when you unfold the notification drawer you see the contact picture. Enabling "Use notification icon" allows you to use that icon instead of the standard one.
v17.
Sorry for all the small updates of today!
-Small bug fix with "remove widget title".
v18.
-Improved clock responsiveness.
-Now widget can be horizontally resized in stock launcher.
v19.
-Improved compatibility.
-Tapping the clock opens main app.
-Shadow added to some elements.
-Battery level shown in widget (Enable in settings).
v20.
-Bugs fixed: Battery decimals, battery arrow, FC when service disabled, Problems with notification text.
v22.
-ADW theme support. Please send feedback.
-Blacklist with app selector. The old text based mode is still functional, because system services cannot be shown there, so you'll need to add them by hand.
-Privacy mode list. Choose apps there and instead of showing the notification content, they will show "New notification". This is useful if widget is in lockscreen.
-Revamped settings screen.
-New bugs! I expect lots of new bugs, because there are lots of changes in this version. Please, report if you find any. This version is not in the Play store, I'll wait a couple of days to find bugs before uploading it.
v23.
-Fixed some bugs that made the clock or the notification list to freeze.
-Added a new clock. At some point it will be configurable.
v24.
-LauncherPro icon themes supported.
-Font for the clock can be changed. Roboto fonts are included by default. If you want to use extra fonts, put the .ttf files in a folder called "fonts" in the sdcard.
-New permissions needed: Phone and wifi state.
-Possibility to show wifi and phone signal in the widget, for those who want to hide the notification bar. I don't know how precise the measurements are. I only know that it worked in my phone.
v25.
-Possibility to hide the AM/PM indicator in the clock.

Last edited:

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
The idea of this app is to be a widget. I didn't try notification history, but it doesn't seem to be a widget. :)

nuttsak

Jan 18, 2007
Just what I was looking for. Although v4 might be a step back. Need to have an option to display last or all notifications.

My use for this app is when I have news alerts to capture all of them in a widget so that I don't have to open the app. Displaying just the last one is pointless.

Could use an option to hide the trash icon and clicking on the app icon to dismiss it from the widget would be nice, that would allow a little bit more space for text.

Keep up the hard work, look forward to future improvements.

Reactions: dapaua

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
Just what I was looking for. Although v4 might be a step back. Need to have an option to display last or all notifications.

My use for this app is when I have news alerts to capture all of them in a widget so that I don't have to open the app. Displaying just the last one is pointless.

Could use an option to hide the trash icon and clicking on the app icon to dismiss it from the widget would be nice, that would allow a little bit more space for text.

Thanks,it is my first app, so i am slow on development. I intend to add a configuration utility, and I am trying all functionality on different versions. Thanks for all your suggestions.
At some point I'll add the option to remove the notification on click, so I'll be able to remove the trash can.

nuttsak

Jan 18, 2007
I hope you like v5 more. If you find bugs or have more ideas, just tell me. :)

Thank you for the update.

Couple of thoughts:
1. Option for date/time format 24HR/12HR MM/DD/YYYY vs DD/MM/YYYY
2. Leave the app icon as it is, forcing it to a blue/green color doesn't look very good.
3. Option to display the app name and app process (xxx.xxx.xxx) I don't think the process name of the app is necessary at all.
4. Option to display the bottom portion of an alert per app. Some apps display the same information in both positions of the alert, so you get the same text twice (or don't display the second portion of an alert at all, although the problem is some app put the text in the bottom portion vs the top, one of the sports apps when you get an alert the scores only display on the bottom of the alert)
5. Widget design more like Google Now, seems as the 'card' style layout is the cool thing now a days, might make the app more visually appealing.

Really do like the app, keep it up!

JohnnyEpic

Apr 3, 2011
Not sure if this is possible but perhaps a option to clear notifications in the pull down automatically....? Since I have them listed in a widget I won't/don't need/want to see them there. Also some of the notifications are clickable (action) and some are not. Is this a limit of the sdk?

Great app and if this is your first app.... Dev... You got a bright future.

Keep at it.
Take care,
Johnny

Sent from the Mars Rover.

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
Not sure if this is possible but perhaps a option to clear notifications in the pull down automatically....? Since I have them listed in a widget I won't/don't need/want to see them there. Also some of the notifications are clickable (action) and some are not. Is this a limit of the sdk?

Great app and if this is your first app.... Dev... You got a bright future.

Keep at it.
Take care,
Johnny

Thanks.
I didn't find a way to delete the notification on status bar. About the action on notifications, here is some explanation about how it works. The android OS has a pool of PendingIntent. A PendingIntent is a package that launches an application with some settings embedded, for example, to show gmail with an specific mail form the mailbox. These Intents are recycled. When the notification disappears, the OS may reuse them, so now the pendingintent does a different thing. So for old PendingIntents, sometimes the action may be different to the intended one. there is no way to know what the pendingintent will do when executed, only the OS knows. That's why some notifications don't work when clicked.

What do you guys think about the new version?
For every version, old options are there, only disabled. When the configuration utility is done, you may choose the behaviour you want for the widget. In this version I used the app icon instead of a tinted notification icon. This means that now it has colours, but market notifications, for example, always show the market icon. Before this, they may show the "download" icon, or the "app installed" icon. This, in a future, will be configurable too.
I'll try to make the widget background configurable, too, so it may look more like google now.

Reactions: JohnnyEpic
Hi. I tried to install v6 but I get this error:
d:\Download\Android\SGS3\App>adb install NotificationBrowser_v6.apk
EOCD not found, not Zip
file 'NotificationBrowser_v6.apk' is not a valid zip file
rm: can't remove '/data/local/tmp/NotificationBrowser_v6.apk': No such file or directory

If I copy the file to sdcard and try to install it I get the error too that it is not a valid zip file.

Thanks!

danirebollo

Jan 1, 2012
Madrid
hello, i tried to move notifications to lockscreen without success... i think lockscreen are keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml (framework-res.apk), but im not sure about notifications: are in statusbar.xml?
how I can access the class "notification" (in . java) to say: send notification to keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml (as usual) and send to statusbar.xml?

i like to add notifications in my lockscreen, and avoid to join. Android recommends join same app notifications, but when app is messaging app i like individual notification for each message.

JohnnyEpic

Apr 3, 2011
Dev, have you seen the NOTIF app here on XDA? It seems like your apps together would be a real nice concept.

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
I just gave this (v6) a go on my Note2 and it doesn't run unfortunately.
I'm sorry to hear that. Did you enable the service at Settings->Accesibility?
Dev, have you seen the NOTIF app here on XDA? It seems like your apps together would be a real nice concept.

I looked at it. It looks nice, but unfortunately I'm stuck at ICS and I can't try that :)

hello, i tried to move notifications to lockscreen without success... i think lockscreen are keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml (framework-res.apk), but im not sure about notifications: are in statusbar.xml?
how I can access the class "notification" (in . java) to say: send notification to keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml (as usual) and send to statusbar.xml?

i like to add notifications in my lockscreen, and avoid to join. Android recommends join same app notifications, but when app is messaging app i like individual notification for each message.
Are you talking about the android 4.2 lock screen? I'm stuck at ICS, so I can't try that, sorry. I wish I had won the lottery this past saturday, so I could buy a new phone :)

Hi. I tried to install v6 but I get this error:
d:\Download\Android\SGS3\App>adb install NotificationBrowser_v6.apk
EOCD not found, not Zip
file 'NotificationBrowser_v6.apk' is not a valid zip file
rm: can't remove '/data/local/tmp/NotificationBrowser_v6.apk': No such file or directory

If I copy the file to sdcard and try to install it I get the error too that it is not a valid zip file.

Thanks!

Try to download this again, because I tried the apk and it works for me. I hope you can fix it.

androidizen

Aug 19, 2012
www.androidizen.com
Here I present a program called Notification Browser. It will show a list of all received notifications and tries to extract the info and show it as a list. Also a widget is included. Tapping the notification should start the corresponding intent and tapping the garbage bin icon should delete the notification from the list. The idea was to be able to have a full screen launcher and even then having easy access to notifications.
For it to work, you need to go to accessibility settings and enable Notification browser.

BUGS: LOTS.
-FIXED:The X to delete all notifications doesn't work on the widget.
-Slow start.
-Notifications are lost on reboot.

TO DO:
-Fix bugs
-Themes for the widget.

In some devices, the notification title and extended data might not be found. In this case only the ticker text that appears briefly when a new notification appears is shown. An external program to fix this is in my list of to-dos .
I only tried this in a Xperia U and Xperia neo V, and works in both with stock ICS rom. Tried in JB SGSIII and didn't show the extended info.
I want to publish this on the market at some point and add a premium version with theme support.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible of any damage derived from the use of this software.

Nice idea will test and let you have some feedback keep at it..

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
OK, new version is up. Now you can configure the widget a bit. I will rest a bit this weekend, so don't expect any more updates until monday. I think this is nearly ready to hit the market, so I'll check how uploading to market works.
The idea is to have a free version (what you guys are testing now , thank you all) and a premium version more configurable, for these people that want a perfect desktop.
Have a nice weekend :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Market link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dapaua.notificationbrowser

Settings and their meaning:
    Widget Background: Allows you to choose the background from three not that different options.
    Widget opacity: Allows you to make the widget transparent. 100% opacity means not transparent a t all. 0% means totally transparent.
    Icon type: Allows you to choose between 4 different options for the icon. "Notification" means the small icon that appears in the notification bar. Application is the icon shown in the launcher for the app. Original means the original colors. Coloured means that it will use the "Color for notifications" value.
    Use notification icon: Some notifications show a different icon when the notification bar is expanded, for example Gmail or whatsapp. The program will use this icon if available instead of the one set in "Option type".
    Use blacklist: Filters the notification according to the blacklisted apps list. If an app is in the list, enabling this option disables its notifications in the widget.
    Blacklisted apps: Space separated list of packagenames for the apps that are disabled when "Use blacklist" is set to true. You can add as many apps as you like using the package name.
    Title text size: Text size for the notification title (What is shown in folded notifications).
    Body text size: Text size for all the other text that is shown in unfolded notifications.
    Only 1 notif per app: When an app adds a new notification, old ones are automatically removed if this option is enabled.
    Show the clock. Will show a clock over the notifications.
    Remove widget title: Will totally hide and disable the widget title and clear all notifications button.
    Transparent widget title: Will hide but not disable the widget title and clear all notifications button.
    Hide clock if there are more than...: Will hide hte clock when there are more than the selected umber of notifications. The clock will appear again when the notifications are cleared.
    Swap title and subtitle: Notifications have a ticker text, that briefly appears in the notification bar. This is the title. Then they have the text that appears when you unfold the notification bar. Sometimes they contain different text. Enabling this option will exchange both values. I prefer to have this set to enabled, but you can choose.
    Color for UI elements: Color for the buttons and title.
    Color for notifications: Color for the text in the nofications, and the notification icons if the coloured option is selected in "Icon type".

I want to publish this on the market at some point and (maybe) add a premium version with extended theme support.

History

v1. First Release.

v2. -Now the "X" notification clear button works.
    -Transparency and color added to widget. Will be configurable at some point.
    -New Background, easier to configure in the future.
    -Configuration utility planned.
    v3. -Color filters per application (Not configurable yet, but system notifications appear in orange)
    -Higher compatibility (The application sends a notification at start that is scanned to find the correct fields)
    v4.
    -Now widget only shows the last notification for each app. Clicking the widget banner will show the Notification Browser app, with all the notification history.
    -Main app now uses different colors depending on the origin of the notification.
    - Now only the settings utility is missing. There you may choose color and text size for notifications, amongst other things
    v5
    -Following nuttsak advices (Thanks, man!), I removed the trash bin and again all notifications appear on the widget.
    -Clicking the notification opens the activity and removes it from the widget list, but not from the app list.
    -Fixed a bug that made that the wrong activity was launched when the notification was pushed.
    -Settings will be added after christmas, so Merry Christmas to all.
    v6
    -Now notifications are expandable. Press on the notification to see extended info and actions. Press again to fold the notification. Buttons do the following: Launch action, Delete notification, delete all notifications from the same app.
    -Used the app icon for notification. Old code is there, so when configuration utility is done, it will be user choice.
    -Fixed date to match phone country style.
    -Fixed some bugs.
    v7
    -Settings working. To change settings, tap the header of the widget, and then press the small settings icon (only works when it is blue).
    -Available settings at the moment:Widget background style, background opacity, icon type, text size.
    v8.
    -Fixes some Application not responding errors
    -Easier to set up.
    v9.
    Fixed small bug in v8 :)
    v10.
    -Supports notifications without ticker text(including Gtasks). Due to this, I had to filter out the OS messages, like "wifi network found" and such because some of them were flooding the app. Notifications with no text at all (Like phone call in progress) do not show.
    -New icon
    v11.
    -Notification behaviour reverted to v9. Notifications without ticker text don't appear anymore, as many ghost notifications were being shown.
    -Configurable colours for notifications.
    -Notification title and subtitle can now be swapped.
    -Fixed some bugs.
    TODO: Add a clock that will show when no notifications are present, (suggested by makejau).
    v12.
    -Added clock. The clock can be configured to disappear when a number of notifications appear (Gràcies per la suggerència, makejau!).
    -Option to only show the last notification for each app added.
    v13.
    -Fixes error with multiple widgets - Only the most recent widget was being refreshed.
    v14.
    -Option to hide widget title, as suggested by skratch1702.
    v15.
    -Option to make title invisible while retaining functionality.
    -Duplicated notifications are not added to the list.
    -Should work on JB Lockscreen.
    v16.
    -Added basic app filtering. I will make this easier to use at some point. this is to check if it works or not.
    Go to options. Activating the "Use blacklist" option enables it. Then add the package name of the app to "Blacklisted apps".
    For example, for tasker you need to add net.dinglisch.android.taskerm to the list. Add the package names separated by spaces.
    How to obtain package names?
    Option 1: Go to play store and check the http address. It's there between "id=" and "&"
    Option 2: Use titanium and click on the app. Then click on the yellow text with the app name. You get the package name for that app.
    There are many other ways.
    Default value is "com.android.providers.downloads android"
    The first one (com.android.providers.downloads) is the download manager. The second one(android) is the system, to avoid "Wifi found", "Usb connected","choose keyboard" and so on.
    This option only stops new notifications from registering in the widget, doesn't delete old ones.
    -Option to use the icon that appears inside the notification as the icon. For example, in Gmail or whatsapp, when you unfold the notification drawer you see the contact picture. Enabling "Use notification icon" allows you to use that icon instead of the standard one.
    v17.
    Sorry for all the small updates of today!
    -Small bug fix with "remove widget title".
    v18.
    -Improved clock responsiveness.
    -Now widget can be horizontally resized in stock launcher.
    v19.
    -Improved compatibility.
    -Tapping the clock opens main app.
    -Shadow added to some elements.
    -Battery level shown in widget (Enable in settings).
    v20.
    -Bugs fixed: Battery decimals, battery arrow, FC when service disabled, Problems with notification text.
    v22.
    -ADW theme support. Please send feedback.
    -Blacklist with app selector. The old text based mode is still functional, because system services cannot be shown there, so you'll need to add them by hand.
    -Privacy mode list. Choose apps there and instead of showing the notification content, they will show "New notification". This is useful if widget is in lockscreen.
    -Revamped settings screen.
    -New bugs! I expect lots of new bugs, because there are lots of changes in this version. Please, report if you find any. This version is not in the Play store, I'll wait a couple of days to find bugs before uploading it.
    v23.
    -Fixed some bugs that made the clock or the notification list to freeze.
    -Added a new clock. At some point it will be configurable.
    v24.
    -LauncherPro icon themes supported.
    -Font for the clock can be changed. Roboto fonts are included by default. If you want to use extra fonts, put the .ttf files in a folder called "fonts" in the sdcard.
    -New permissions needed: Phone and wifi state.
    -Possibility to show wifi and phone signal in the widget, for those who want to hide the notification bar. I don't know how precise the measurements are. I only know that it worked in my phone.
    v25.
    -Possibility to hide the AM/PM indicator in the clock.
    It seems a cool idea :good:

I hope you like v5 more. If you find bugs or have more ideas, just tell me. :)

Thank you for the update.

Couple of thoughts:
    1. Option for date/time format 24HR/12HR MM/DD/YYYY vs DD/MM/YYYY
    2. Leave the app icon as it is, forcing it to a blue/green color doesn't look very good.
    3. Option to display the app name and app process (xxx.xxx.xxx) I don't think the process name of the app is necessary at all.
    4. Option to display the bottom portion of an alert per app. Some apps display the same information in both positions of the alert, so you get the same text twice (or don't display the second portion of an alert at all, although the problem is some app put the text in the bottom portion vs the top, one of the sports apps when you get an alert the scores only display on the bottom of the alert)
    5. Widget design more like Google Now, seems as the 'card' style layout is the cool thing now a days, might make the app more visually appealing.

Really do like the app, keep it up!