unable to mount system

Search This thread

Legendary754

Mar 8, 2014
I am having a bit of trouble swapping a new rom on my Sprint Galaxy Tab T217S as every time I swipe to flash via TWRP recovery I get the same message in the log.

unable to mount system '/

Any idea as to why that may be. My device is rooted via odin and I do have root access. Im trying to install Goodness T3 or Remedy Rom and both say the same thing.

I follow proper procedure with wiping dalvik cache, cache, system, and data also doing the factory reset.

please help this has me stomped.

thanks in advance

ReeceWyld

Jan 21, 2014
TWRP gives problems mounting often.......not dogging it...i've seen it work, but it has never worked for me personally.

So.....Wipe the system again and restore your backup (hopefully you made one) from TWRP. The reason for the restore is mainly this: different recoveries sometimes dont recognise backups made by other recoveries.

Flash a new recovery, I use Philz Touch 5 CWM. Make you backup. Then follow the regular installation steps.

Flash the ROM and enjoy.

Legendary754

Mar 8, 2014
TWRP gives problems mounting often.......not dogging it...i've seen it work, but it has never worked for me personally.

So.....Wipe the system again and restore your backup (hopefully you made one) from TWRP. The reason for the restore is mainly this: different recoveries sometimes dont recognise backups made by other recoveries.

Flash a new recovery, I use Philz Touch 5 CWM. Make you backup. Then follow the regular installation steps.

Flash the ROM and enjoy.

Where would i find the Philz Touch i did flash the basic CWM but it seems to require a SD card of which I do not have at the moment.

ReeceWyld

Jan 21, 2014
Either way it would be best to have and sd card to work with, meaning an external since since a full wipe erases everything on the internal so you should try to get one, even if it's a temporary one to store the ROM and backups on.

But this is actually the CWM recovery for 217S http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2514821. I know its still a 7" but the Philz Touch Recovery i have i think is only for the 210 variants, i overlooked that. But this ^^^^^ should work for you.

Legendary754

Mar 8, 2014
Either way it would be best to have and sd card to work with, meaning an external since since a full wipe erases everything on the internal so you should try to get one, even if it's a temporary one to store the ROM and backups on.

But this is actually the CWM recovery for 217S http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2514821. I know its still a 7" but the Philz Touch Recovery i have i think is only for the 210 variants, i overlooked that. But this ^^^^^ should work for you.

That is the one installed a couple hrs ago and it appears the only way to actually install a rom from it is via Sd Card so im going to order one tonight and go from there i guess I don't feel knowlegeable enough to try this from adb