[Q] Which Linux-XBMC Firmware for dualcore Geniatech Android Box

Search This thread

SpadaSpud

Aug 9, 2013
What is currently the best Linux-XBMC firmware to put on a ATV520 or ATV1200 Geniatech Android Box?

There are a few around.

The One from croniccorey on this site here Its a great job but still just a few issues. The wifi and the crackling at high volume scenes. I hoping to see the update from croniccorey soon. Great work so far

The Jynx one here.

And the geniatech one. here It also has info on the Jynx one.

What have people have the most success out of?

Or are there other ones.

Cheers

PS Hope this is in the right section.

Last edited:

luistobcn

Jan 26, 2014
What is currently the best Linux-XBMC firmware to put on a ATV520 or ATV1200 Geniatech Android Box?

There are a few around.

The One from croniccorey on this site here Its a great job but still just a few issues. The wifi and the crackling at high volume scenes. I hoping to see the update from croniccorey soon. Great work so far

The Jynx one here.

And the geniatech one. here It also has info on the Jynx one.

What have people have the most success out of?

Or are there other ones.

Cheers

PS Hope this is in the right section.
I believe that all three are the same version, with different name.The Geniatech works well and is the official.

SpadaSpud

Aug 9, 2013
I believe that all three are the same version, with different name.The Geniatech works well and is the official.

One thing i have noticed is that the back button on the Geniatech version takes you back to the main menu and not back on step.

The other thing is the way it handles the wifi. Jynx and Croniccorey version us a program addon for wifi but neither work on a ATV520 but will work on the ATV1200.

SpadaSpud

Aug 9, 2013
So it seems that the best version is the croniccorey. Apart from the wifi on ATV520 and the crackling.

Is there a way to set a static IP?