Votes: 12 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

slinkyregent

Jul 25, 2012
Scroll Launcher

Introduction
Scroll Launcher is the new launcher for your Android device. This launcher is totally written from a scratch and designed for low performance devices

Features:
  • All-in-one home
  • Weather for your position or for a specific location
  • Shortcuts for your favourite apps
  • Hided apps
  • Icon packs
  • Customization of drawer and weather

Images
Home screen:
3YLRMqr.png
E4WsrPH.png

Settings:
ohBNuj2.png

Download

Changelog
Code:
Changelog v0.5b
[LIST]
[*] [B]New![/B] Added support for icon packs (compatible with icon packs for ADW launcher, Nova launcher, Apex launcher, LauncherPro and Go Launcher)
[*] [b]New![/b] Added possibility to change the font
[*] [b]New![/b] Added possibility to change animation for opening application
[*] [b]New![/b] Added polish translation (Thanks to Robert Dłubak)
[*] [b]New![/b] Added brasilian portuguese translation (Thanks to XDA User RBDoMGaM)
[*] [b]Improved![/b] Changed the method for save the shortcuts' settings
[*] Changed the popup
[*] Added possibility to open popup for shortcuts
[*] Reorganized the settings for shortcuts
[*] Now the name of application is "Scroll Launcher"
[*] Fixed the bug of weather's layout when you open the application and there isn't a connection
[*] Fixed other minor bugs
[/LIST]

Older changelogs:

Code:
You can see the complete changelog in "Scroll Launcher Settings -> About Scroll Launcher -> Changelog"

Other info
If you want to help developer to improve application sending a report go to "Scroll Launcher settings -> report a bug" and fill the form or use the XDA DevDB platform.

Enjoy that! :)

XDA:DevDB Information
Scroll Launcher, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
slinkyregent

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.4.4b
Beta Release Date: 2014-05-22

Created 2014-05-22
Last Updated 2014-07-30

Attachments

• ohBNuj2.png
    ohBNuj2.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,878

Roundtableprez

Jun 27, 2011
Downloading now I'll get back to you on what I think about it :)

Edit:I like it's simplistic nature and the vertical scrolling, I just wish there was a way to setup widgets maybe underneath the weather or something. Still very nice for a launcher

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: slinkyregent

slinkyregent

Jul 25, 2012

Edit:I like it's simplistic nature and the vertical scrolling, I just wish there was a way to setup widgets maybe underneath the weather or something. Still very nice for a launcher

Thank you for your opinion! I want to add the widgets in future, but now i need to make my application more stable. Get in touch for future updates!

RBDoMGaM

Aug 1, 2012
Ouvidor
Samsung Galaxy S9
WOW! Very cool launcher!
Suggestions:
* Option to show/hide am/pm
* 12/24 hour in clock
* Improve weather location search. When i activate this, before i can search always back to "use my location"
Thanks my friend

Last edited:

slinkyregent

Jul 25, 2012
WOW! Very cool launcher!
Suggestions:
* Option to show/hide am/pm
* 12/24 hour in clock
* Improve weather location search. When i activate this, before i can search always back to "use my location"
Thanks my friend

Thank you for your ideas! I planned to implement that in my second beta major release! Stay tuned!

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: MisterKaplan

slowdyve

Apr 1, 2012
Porto
I could't select manually my location the 1st time i ran the app but going to settings solved the problem.
Very nice launcher.
Voted 5 stars ;)

D

Deleted member 5225837

Liked the launcher
Simple and awesome.
Thanks.

Edit: using back button when on launcher updates the weather and all apps. Please look in to that in the next update.

Sent from my LT28h using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

cemanie

May 19, 2004
surabaya
Google Pixel XL
oh boy..i really like to try it on my nexus 4
but it goes blank with no shown anything..i'm used slimkat rom
hope dev can fix it,,,it's look great launcher
i retired with all famous launcher,,it's soo bored :D
thanks for dev it..

Arbelzapf

Oct 29, 2010
Same here. I cannot get past the wizard as the second screen just stays blank with no way to proceed or skip the wizard entirely.

I'm using a Nook Color running cm11 nightly

Edit: after the third try, I can now get to the home screen, so I can hopefully set up everything from here

Edit2: nope, the wizard keeps popping up when I use the app. Is there any way to stop that? I can't use the app right now

Last edited:

slinkyregent

Jul 25, 2012
Thanks to all!!! I'm actually developing the 0.4b, with a big number of fixes and some new features!

oh boy..i really like to try it on my nexus 4
but it goes blank with no shown anything..i'm used slimkat rom
hope dev can fix it,,,it's look great launcher
i retired with all famous launcher,,it's soo bored :D
thanks for dev it..

Same here. I cannot get past the wizard as the second screen just stays blank with no way to proceed or skip the wizard entirely.

I'm using a Nook Color running cm11 nightly

Edit: after the third try, I can now get to the home screen, so I can hopefully set up everything from here

Edit2: nope, the wizard keeps popping up when I use the app. Is there any way to stop that? I can't use the app right now

Try to disable everything into the wizard (shortcuts and weather). If you can, please do a screenshot. I'm actually creating the skip button on wizard. Thank you for your report!

Reactions: Arbelzapf

Arbelzapf

Oct 29, 2010
Thanks to all!!! I'm actually developing the 0.4b, with a big number of fixes and some new features!

Thanks for reacting so quickly. I hope the launch went smoothly apart from these minor issues

Try to disable everything into the wizard (shortcuts and weather). If you can, please do a screenshot. I'm actually creating the skip button on wizard. Thank you for your report!

Just to make sure: It's the wizard itself that's acting up, not the launcher. At least in my case.

If I press "Home" while in the wizard, I can go to the home screen and go into the settings from there. I managed to diable wheather, but when I go into "Shortcuts" of "Hidden Apps" (-> I assume you made a mistake there as the menu is called "Hided Apps" ), the Wizard comnes right back.

I cannot post a screenshot of the wizard right now, but there isn't really much to show anyway: It's really just a completely white page.

Looking forward to future versions. :good:

bageraz

May 31, 2012
Ipoh
Tested this launcher and i want to say i LOVE it. Still missing here and there and hopefully this launcher will turn out great and awesome because this launcher is very minimalist, all on front, and easy. Feel like having an android married with iphone. But for now i will stick with stock cm11 launcher. Definitely will be my daily launcher after become more stable. Thumbs up and cheers and best of luck

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Free mobile app

y0himba

Sep 16, 2008
In a house.
www.y0himba.net
Hello dev. I am on a Droid Razr Maxx HD, stock 4.4.2, no customization at all. I cannot get past the Wizard screen. I need to force close the app in order to exit. I am dying to try the launcher, this is exactly what I have been looking for from the description. What can I do to help you trouble shoot?

Screenshot_2014-05-25-09-53-44.png

CattleRancher

Feb 21, 2010
I'd also like to see a few swipe features. Give us the ability to swipe left, right, and up. For example: if I swipe left, I can open google now. Swipe right I can open Blinkfeed, and swipe up to open camera. Let us customize what the swipe actions do. That would make this launcher awesome imo.

Also, add the ability to put widgets in the scroll area.

wiidbzxt

Jan 13, 2011
Cuautitlán Izcalli
This launcher is great! It's so simple I love it. There are two things I would love if you could add:

1) I would like to replace the clock with one of my clock widgets of my own, I would love to be able to do that.
2) It would be nice if we could access some of our widgets by swiping to the right or to the left. Say, I make a swipe to left and I access my frequently dialed contacts, calendar, etc. Please add widget support.

Also, I don't know why, but if I add Google Camera (for 4.4) as a shortcut, it also adds the stock camera app of the phone. If I hide one of the two camera apps, the two of them are hidden as well. Other than that, everything is incredible. Keep on the goo work! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Scroll Launcher

Introduction
    Scroll Launcher is the new launcher for your Android device. This launcher is totally written from a scratch and designed for low performance devices

Features:
    • All-in-one home
    • Weather for your position or for a specific location
    • Shortcuts for your favourite apps
    • Hided apps
    • Icon packs
    • Customization of drawer and weather

Images
    Home screen:
    3YLRMqr.png
    E4WsrPH.png

Settings:
    ohBNuj2.png

Download

Changelog
    Code:
    Changelog v0.5b
    [LIST]
    [*] [B]New![/B] Added support for icon packs (compatible with icon packs for ADW launcher, Nova launcher, Apex launcher, LauncherPro and Go Launcher)
    [*] [b]New![/b] Added possibility to change the font
    [*] [b]New![/b] Added possibility to change animation for opening application
    [*] [b]New![/b] Added polish translation (Thanks to Robert Dłubak)
    [*] [b]New![/b] Added brasilian portuguese translation (Thanks to XDA User RBDoMGaM)
    [*] [b]Improved![/b] Changed the method for save the shortcuts' settings
    [*] Changed the popup
    [*] Added possibility to open popup for shortcuts
    [*] Reorganized the settings for shortcuts
    [*] Now the name of application is "Scroll Launcher"
    [*] Fixed the bug of weather's layout when you open the application and there isn't a connection
    [*] Fixed other minor bugs
    [/LIST]

Older changelogs:

Code:
    You can see the complete changelog in "Scroll Launcher Settings -> About Scroll Launcher -> Changelog"

Other info
    If you want to help developer to improve application sending a report go to "Scroll Launcher settings -> report a bug" and fill the form or use the XDA DevDB platform.

Enjoy that! :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Scroll Launcher, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    slinkyregent

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.4.4b
    Beta Release Date: 2014-05-22

Created 2014-05-22
    Last Updated 2014-07-30
    Released version 0.4.1b!

first of all thx for this nice alternative launcher, it looks promising and i'm looking forward to take it for a ride.
    til now i couldn't reall test it, cause for me after installation and wizard it just stays at an nearly empty screen showing some updating-messages (screenshot attached) but sadly nothing happens from then on, no matter how long i wait.
    i already tried killing the app and rebooting the phone, too.

EDIT: it seems as it really freezes up and not only is caught in updating, cause the clock the launcher displays is frozen, you can see it on the screenshot, too: the clock in the statusbar says the real time while the launcher clock is frozen at 9:03...

greetz and keep up the good work,

sUsH

Mhh I think I've fixed this bug on 0.4b . Try to upgrade and let me know if It's working!

This would be my launcher if I could swipe left to google now, just like in stock google now launcher. I doubt this could be implemented...

Great work anyway

Your idea is a good idea. I think I want to add this feature in a future release.

Great launcher!

Things I noticed.

-Cant change shortcuts order.
    -GPS is always on.
    -Prevents phone to go deep sleep.

Keep up good work

You can change the order of shortcuts going to "ScrollLauncher Settings -> Shortcuts setting" and hold on application you want to change the position. GPS bug should be resolved in 0.4.1b release (I've uploaded that now).

The app forecloses for me. I tried to change the setup (weather & shortcuts) to every possible combination thinking maybe there was a bug caused by the way it uses location or something else but it still will not open. After I finish the setup it immediately forecloses. Could this be because of my DPI settings or anything related? I am on Lego Rom with my DPI at 430. Also I am using LMT pie controls. I have tried deleting app data and clearing the cache and uninstalled and re installed the program with no luck. I would like to give this launcher a try. I am open to suggestions how I can get this to work.

I don't know why you have got this problem. Try 0.4.1b and if the application crash it automatically sends a report to my server. With that I can try to resolve the bug. Which phone are you using?

Great effort :). Request, if possible - Transparent status bar/Nav bar, Way to make icons size smaller, smaller dots in setting icon (3 dot), snap icon grid like after every 4/5 rows of scroll the view will snap something like HTC Sense launcher app drawer and different clock font style maybe similar to cLock.

I added translucent status bar and nav bar support in 0.4.1b release. For other features, i think it's possible.
    *Hidden Apps (Not Hided apps)

I planned to add a lot of this ideas in 0.5b!
    Thanks to everybody! Stay tuned!

You're awesome. :good: