No gps signal lock T999-V on 4.4.2

Search This thread

northghost

May 2, 2012
Hey everyone, really need some help getting my GPS working again.

Used to be on slimkat but went back to stock, everything was fine. Saw the OTA for 4.4.2 and installed, didnt notice any issues. Was trying to use GPS the other day but couldnt get a lock so heres what I've done so far

-download GPS status and clear then refresh AGPS data, left alone for a bit, nothing.
-In bootloader cleared cache, tried GPS status app again with no luck
-In bootloader did a factory reset, booted up without importing data, tried GPS status app with no luck.
-Checked screws around case, tried GPS status app, no luck.
-Downloade and flashed stock 4.4.2 firmware via odin, no luck.
-Tried alternative GPS fix (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2211690) booted up GPS status app and left, managed to see 3 satalittes(my nexus 7 '13 see's 8-12 in same spot) but wasn't able to give a lock
- Tried changing CSC (http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/761247-gps-fix-dummies-guide.html#post6105418 Its for the S4 but well **** I'm willing to try anything) phone was on the wrong one and changed it to the correct GLW code, cleared cache, tried GPS status app, nothing.

I need help, could this be a modem thing? any help would be seriously appreciated

Also mad love to geohot for towelroot

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Try GPS test by chartcross. Also how long did you give it? On the Sprint port some had to let it sit and keep trying for over ten minutes. But after getting the initial lock it was much better afterwards.
Since youve been messing with different fixes and files though, you might want to reflash the firmware first.

Reactions: northghost

northghost

May 2, 2012
Is there a phrase for when you unplug the cable and it doesn't fix it but the IT guy tells you too and say you have but you do it anyways and it fixes the problem?

I must've flashed stock 4 times yesterday with no luck then you tell me to do the same thing and it works...... Lol I guess you scared the gremlins away.

I noticed that if I restart my phone I need to use a app to refresh agps data afterwards I have instant lock and see 20+ sats

Try GPS test by chartcross. Also how long did you give it? On the Sprint port some had to let it sit and keep trying for over ten minutes. But after getting the initial lock it was much better afterwards.
Since youve been messing with different fixes and files though, you might want to reflash the firmware first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.