permanent way to disable hardware power key

Search This thread

endofwed

Aug 29, 2011
hello.

my power button on my galaxy s2 is not functioning properly. I think what happened was it got pushed too many times over the year and now its jammed, causing it to resent itself and glitch randomly at times.

I want to permantly disable the hardware power button. I've tried several apps but not seem to permanently disable it as it occasional still works sometimes. (my phone at random still resets itself)

Apps I've tried

xposed + xposed additions (to remap keys)
button remap app

Anything else I can do? I was thinking about just trying to pry to home key out of its socket but that seems a bit silly..

Last edited:

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
hello.

my home button on my galaxy s2 is not functioning properly. I think what happened was it got pushed too many times over the year and now its jammed, causing it to resent itself and glitch randomly at times.

I want to permantly disable the hardware power button. I've tried several apps but not seem to permanently disable it as it occasional still works sometimes. (my phone at random still resets itself)

Apps I've tried

xposed + xposed additions (to remap keys)
button remap app

just get a new button, it shoouldnt cost too much.

Anything else I can do? I was thinking about just trying to pry to home key out of its socket but that seems a bit silly..

just get a new button, it shouldnt cost too much.
if u cant, try adding soft buttons to your phone. that would give you a workable solution.

endofwed

Aug 29, 2011
just get a new button, it shouldnt cost too much.
if u cant, try adding soft buttons to your phone. that would give you a workable solution.

the thing is, im trying to disable the home button because its jammed so i think its whats causing the random resets on my phone.

I would replace the home button but im comfortable opening up the phone. :(