[Q] I want the OPO........but

Search This thread

wilde1970

Nov 13, 2010
Crewe
Its time for to replace my trusty old S3 and I was waiting for the next big thing, preferably with the Snapdragon 805 but the OPO made me start to ask myself if the price for the next big thing was worth paying. I'm currently on a 30 day rolling contract and get 1000 mins, unlimited texts and 3gb of data for £10 per month so the OPO at that price and then stick with this tariff seems really enticing. I'm not too concerned about the slightly flaky CM11s although I have been put off by the apparent software issue causing the low in call volume. I'm also little put off by the yellow banding towards the bottom of the screen reported by some, does anyone know if those issues have been sorted out yet?

Thanks in advance :good:

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
I don't have the yellow band issue, so I can't say.

As for the low call volume, you can root and flash a custom kernel with sound control and raise the gain, problem solved.

windraker

Dec 16, 2010
Its time for to replace my trusty old S3 and I was waiting for the next big thing, preferably with the Snapdragon 805 but the OPO made me start to ask myself if the price for the next big thing was worth paying. I'm currently on a 30 day rolling contract and get 1000 mins, unlimited texts and 3gb of data for £10 per month so the OPO at that price and then stick with this tariff seems really enticing. I'm not too concerned about the slightly flaky CM11s although I have been put off by the apparent software issue causing the low in call volume. I'm also little put off by the yellow banding towards the bottom of the screen reported by some, does anyone know if those issues have been sorted out yet?

Call volume aside; the yellow banding is hit and miss. I have it and they refuse to answer rma requests. Going to paypal disputes next I think but I'm still leary of that. I LOVE (not literally though) this phone. It's really great except that one issue with yellow...

If you can live with a slight yellowish tinge that will affect the bottom of the phone I'd say get it? The other is a software fix. You might want to read this as well:

http://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/29bkl6/patrick_hills_post_from_the_oneplus_forum/

The size of the banding is equal to the height of the on-screen nav buttons. They have a bug right now and don't work in landscape... but they do hide the yellow.

vamshi88

Jul 30, 2012

I shifted from my 2 year old S3(US) too, I have been using the OPO for the past week. For the first 2 days the yellow band bothered me a bit(i am used to cold screen on the s3) but then i got used to it, doesnt bother me much now. And as per the CM11S i am ok with it(pretty stable except few minor hiccups) i used mahdi, PA, CM11 on Franco kernel and now i am back on CM11s with stock kernel may be after few days and few update ill go back to mahdi.

TheShoxter

Jul 14, 2014
Chicago
I don't have the yellow banding issue, and I believe that stock ROM has fixed the call volume issue. If not, there are sound managers you can install on any ROM, such as VIPER that gives you control over all sound your device outputs (requires root I think).

Sent from my One using Tapatalk