[Q] Rebooting into recovery -- dead Andy ;)

Search This thread

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
I tried rebooting into recovery to perform a factory reset because the update from .21 to .22 doesn't get through, but after POWER+VOL_DOWN and subsequently VOL_UP, I am confronted with a dead Andy -- with a hatch open and a red warning triangle. The unit reboots itself after while and gets into Android itself OK.

This is a damaged recovery, right? How do I go about fixing this? Fastboot (seen some threads in the G1 forum).... Amon's recovery (not available for the T700 yet, I think). I've never had this before, so I am at a loss on how to progress. :rolleyes:

Is there CWM available yet, or is that not an option if your recovery is unbootable in the first place?

Andy is dying! Help me help him! :(

Uhhh....... thanks! ;)

Jotokun

Apr 23, 2011
I tried rebooting into recovery to perform a factory reset because the update from .21 to .22 doesn't get through, but after POWER+VOL_DOWN and subsequently VOL_UP, I am confronted with a dead Andy -- with a hatch open and a red warning triangle. The unit reboots itself after while and gets into Android itself OK.

This is a damaged recovery, right? How do I go about fixing this? Fastboot (seen some threads in the G1 forum).... Amon's recovery (not available for the T700 yet, I think). I've never had this before, so I am at a loss on how to progress. :rolleyes:

Is there CWM available yet, or is that not an option if your recovery is unbootable in the first place?

Uhhh....... thanks! ;)

Not sure about recovering the stock recovery, but installing a non-stock one requires an unlocked bootloader which we dont have yet.

Reactions: MartyHulskemper

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
Not sure about recovering the stock recovery, but installing a non-stock one requires an unlocked bootloader which we dont have yet.

Thanks for the reply -- indeed, all the guides I've read to get to CWM or Amon Ra's recovery all revolve around getting that bootloader unlocked. I sure hope development in the TF700 picks up soon, and fast, and we can get some luvin' on this baby. This obviously is not that critical an issue, but I would like to flash a custom recovery and at least have a nandroid backup when the proverbial excrement hits the ditto ventilator.

Buggyroach

Jul 15, 2012

Uhhh....... thanks! ;)
It's normal, take out your SDcard.

Reactions: MartyHulskemper

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008

Thanks for the suggestion, but when I have the SD card removed, recovery boots as it should with the report that the "signature has matched" -- in that sense removing the SD card doesn't make a difference, as far as I can tell -- but then cuts off and Andy dies again with the open-heart surgery image.

And then, while I typed this response, I tried to turn off the TF700 by pressing the power button, and voilá, the recovery is there. So I just had to push the power button to not harass you people with n00bie posts... Lesson learned, thank you!

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me

Uhhh....... thanks! ;)

If you are completely stock, then that IS your recovery. It is telling you there is nothing to flash/install. It does not mean its broke or damaged.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
ROM: CleanRom Xenogenesis 4.4 DeOdex
Kernel: Hundsbuah's V3.0.5 OC Kernel
Theme: Timberwolf's Blues and Jazz Theme

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
@Tyolorw: although I would have appreciated your help very much back in the day ;) this thread is almost a year old. The TF700 had just gone retail (although I had it before it went retail) -- nobody knew what meant what.
@musicfreak: I obviously cannot remember what I had done to revive it. Sorry.

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me
@Tyolorw: although I would have appreciated your help very much back in the day ;) this thread is almost a year old. The TF700 had just gone retail (although I had it before it went retail) -- nobody knew what meant what.
@musicfreak: I obviously cannot remember what I had done to revive it. Sorry.

Ahhh my apologies.

How did you do that? Just power down? I still have the dead Andy image after installing TWRP with GooManager...

Any help is more then welcome!

Are you positive you are unlocked? You must be unlocked, not only rooted, to install TWRP using GooManager. Also, if you still have no success you can always use the fastboot method.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
ROM: CleanRom Xenogenesis 4.4 DeOdex
Kernel: Hundsbuah's V3.0.5 OC Kernel
Theme: Timberwolf's Blues and Jazz Theme

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
Ehm sorry, very stupid but I was only unlocked not rooted!

Now I'm both and that is better. And... I've learned how to get into Fastboot. :)
Good job! Any custom ROM you flash from here will probably provide root access in the package, so you won't have to think of that again (on this particular device, of course ;) ).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Uhhh....... thanks! ;)

Uhhh....... thanks! ;)