Question about Android system drain!

Search This thread

pikachukaki

Jan 27, 2012
Thessaloníki, Greece
So we have two apps in battery drain... First is a game Royal Revolt 2 that is a tower defense 3D game that run 42minutes (not in a row) and Android system that also run for 40minutes...so both of them drain about 10% of battery... How this is possible I mean the Android system drain the same amount of battery as a 3D game?

3uryqusy.jpg
ygese7a6.jpg
agy4a5ut.jpg

Σεντ φρομ μυ Νεχυς 5

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Do you still get the Android system drain if you don't play the game?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

pikachukaki

Jan 27, 2012
Thessaloníki, Greece
Do you still get the Android system drain if you don't play the game?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I get about 40minutes drain on 12Hours usage (not SOT) and according to GSAM biggets drainers on Android System is ActivityManager-Launch and ConnectivityService...but im not wondering about the drain of AndroidSystem only why it drains so much as a 3D game!

Willup

Apr 20, 2011
I get about 40minutes drain on 12Hours usage (not SOT) and according to GSAM biggets drainers on Android System is ActivityManager-Launch and ConnectivityService...but im not wondering about the drain of AndroidSystem only why it drains so much as a 3D game!

I had a similar problem but I seemed to have fixed it. I am currently on Omni Rom latest nightly, installed Franco Kernel, and installed Greenify to hibernate apps that cause wake locks and run in the background continuously. Since I have done these 2 things my battery life has been much much better. Before I would be lucky to make it 8-9 hours on a single charge. Now im averaging 14+ hours. Still not amazing but better. Give these two things a try.

pikachukaki

Jan 27, 2012
Thessaloníki, Greece
I had a similar problem but I seemed to have fixed it. I am currently on Omni Rom latest nightly, installed Franco Kernel, and installed Greenify to hibernate apps that cause wake locks and run in the background continuously. Since I have done these 2 things my battery life has been much much better. Before I would be lucky to make it 8-9 hours on a single charge. Now im averaging 14+ hours. Still not amazing but better. Give these two things a try.

Im with stock franco and greenify...i have at least all my apps that i dont need notifications greenfied....but i still dont get why android system drain as much as a 3D game!

Willup

Apr 20, 2011
I have been using My phone all day so far mainly to listen to music

Android System is only 7%

Compared to the other apps I have been using all day I don't think 7% is bad so 10% may be normal. However this is over a 7 hour period.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Yeah simms but why it have the same drain as a 3D game??games need more resources..CPU and GPU I/O etc....android system are just some OS features...

not all games. some need less, some need more, and some games are more optimized than others. my androis system usually takes ftom 8-14% battery, and i still get 5+ hours sot.

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
Yeah simms but why it have the same drain as a 3D game??games need more resources..CPU and GPU I/O etc....android system are just some OS features...

Many things can make Android System drain go up, it's not just one process. I believe Widgets battery drain shows up here as well. How many widgets are being used and how often are they updating?

pikachukaki

Jan 27, 2012
Thessaloníki, Greece
Many things can make Android System drain go up, it's not just one process. I believe Widgets battery drain shows up here as well. How many widgets are being used and how often are they updating?

hmmm....maybe your right...if we add all the features that drain with android system and think that revolt isn't such a heavy game it make sense that they drain the same for a specific time...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

not all games. some need less, some need more, and some games are more optimized than others. my androis system usually takes ftom 8-14% battery, and i still get 5+ hours sot.