Batter Drained last night, now phone will not connect to google

Search This thread

slick_rick92

Mar 30, 2014
so yesterday i was playing w/my nexus 5, when the battery completely shut down w/out warning. mind you the phone was on a charger. Then when i restarted it. I found out the time and date are completely off. Then i decide to ope the chrome browser only to get 'cannot connect to the real accounts.google.com'....it says something is currently interfering with your secure connection....this problem is affecting every google based app......had anyone had an issue like this before?

Zainiak

Jul 1, 2012
so yesterday i was playing w/my nexus 5, when the battery completely shut down w/out warning. mind you the phone was on a charger. Then when i restarted it. I found out the time and date are completely off. Then i decide to ope the chrome browser only to get 'cannot connect to the real accounts.google.com'....it says something is currently interfering with your secure connection....this problem is affecting every google based app......had anyone had an issue like this before?

Did you fix the time and date? Set it to network provided. That is probably what isn't letting you connect to google's servers