Poor NFC Range

Search This thread

firstrival

Sep 19, 2012
I'm have a T-Mo G2 on stock 4.2.2. The NFC range is extremely poor. It's like less than 1mm. I've tried NFC tags and various tap to pay terminals and it only reads when pressed hard against the back of the phone right on the LG logo after several tries. Has anyone else had the same experience?

Last edited:

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
I'm have a T-Mo G2 on stock 4.2.2. The NFC range is extremely poor. It's like less than 1mm. I've tried NFC tags and various tap to pay terminals and it only reads when pressed hard against the back of the phone right on the LG logo after several tries. Has anyone else had the same experience?

It'll read from a few mm with a case on my phone. 1mm seems a bit small, especially when you have trouble with tap and pay, but all in all NFC is a technology that assumes near physical contact. But yours sounds less sensitive than it should be.

basti2909

Mar 21, 2011
N(near)F(ield)C(ommunication) .. So u have to lay it very near. But not as u said pressed. I tried it 2or3 times in germany here and worked fine. Maybe upgrade to 4.4.2 and try again

Idan73

Jul 19, 2010
From experience range is actually a lot greater than sgs5. Tested on Nfc bluetooth headset and while sgs5 works only from the back. G2 will initiate pairing from both sides of the headset.

Sent from my SM-G900W8