[TUTORIAL] Setting and activating WP7 on HD2

Search This thread

bazgee

Jan 28, 2010
Dark Room
Before we begin make sure you have Magldr 1.12 and your WP7 ROM installed.

Tools needed on PC before continuing:

1. Windows Development Tools - CLICK HERE
2. Zune PC App - CLICK HERE

Windows Development tools will take some time to download and install so be patient!

Now that you have all the tools ready to go on PC and your HD2 on WP7 its now time for the fun part!

1. Download Chevron - CLICK HERE
2. Put ChevronWP7.exe in root of your C:/ drive
3. Download chevronwp7.cer - CLICK HERE
4. Attach chevronwp7.cer to your email and send to yourself. - Open up the email on your HD2 (I used google mail) and click the attachment once will turn into shield, Click attachment again to goto install screen and click install.
5. Now on your PC plug phone into USB and run Zune. (run as administator) ChevronWP7 in C:/ drive. - tick both boxes and click unlock. Now exit.

Now you have your phone unlocked and ready to move onto the registry editing.

1. Download XBMOD Deployer - CLICK HERE
2. In your Windows Development tools you installed earlier there should be an application called "Application Deployment". Connect your phone and open the program and install XBMODDeployer.xap. This extracts the provxml into /My Documents/My Ringtones/.
3. Download TouchXplorer - CLICK HERE - and install this .xap the same way as step 2.
4. Using TouchXplorer copy the file in /My Documents/My Ringtones/ to /Windows/ , overwrite if asked. - Give it time to open the Windows folder it takes a while.
5. Download HTC Connection Setup - CLICK HERE - same as above deploy to phone.
6. Open HTC Connection Setup and setup your network.
7. If your camera setting are not showing, in settings region, change display language to: United States. - this shouldnt affect anything if you are in a different country. Im from UK

Now your phone is almost setup and ready to go. All you need to do now is contact microsoft for your activation code for your new HD7. Then just sign into live and enter activation code.

Marketplace and LIVE service should all function fine now.

I hope this Tutorial was wasy for you to follow. Any problems I'll be happy to help.​

USEFUL LINKS:
Chevron Tutorial and Download
Manually edit registry
Tom XAP Installer
Apps for HD2

Frequently asked questions:
Cant Sync phone or cant get phone connected to any of the programs? Make sure you have everything installed correctly and make sure your Phone is AWAKE!!

Having problems installing any apps? - Use Toms little app HERE

Camera Settings not showing/working? - change display language to: United States.

Last edited:

jsacp

Jun 27, 2010
Could the first of you belonging to the European Region confirm this works for people in Spain (or European HTC HD2) without carrier lock?
And... where should we therefore contact? (Please note I am extremely willing to call US just to get my Live Services activated :p on our lovely lovely HD2)

badassballer

Jan 2, 2009
Thank you for the tutorial - One question though - I am in Asia - do i need to call MS as well or is there any other way for me to contact them to get the activation code?

mateuszd

Apr 9, 2010
London
I got WP7 running but when I get into camera settings the only thing that appears is the setting for flash. No other options like scenes. I can only record videos in 480p. Can someone confirm them having that issue, I may need to reflash the rom :(

Reactions: stolly

Cret

Feb 15, 2008
Port Erin, IOM
For some reason I cannot install Magldr 1.12 on my hd2 - it just sits at 0% and never moves. :(

It's currently using magldr 1.11 if that makes a difference. Apologies if I have overlooked something obvious but I've been going through tons of threads about wp7 so I may have missed something sorry.

Appreciate any suggestions how to fix this. Is there another process I must run prior to installing magldr 1.12 for instance?

*edit* Am also on HSPL 2.08

Last edited:

miller710

May 31, 2010
Pelham, NH
Contacting Microsoft

I have a question reguarding contacting microsoft. When you call them you are surely not telling them you need an activation code to unlock wp7 on your hd2 are you? What exactly are you saying to them.

ahmadssb

Nov 21, 2009
I had problem with ChevronWP7

attachment.php

but i get this every time

also I checked the registry key
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsPhone\ProxyPorts]“DeviceReg”=dword:000069C5

and it's a same

please help me

Attachments

• 77777777.jpg
    77777777.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 8,670
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before we begin make sure you have Magldr 1.12 and your WP7 ROM installed.

Tools needed on PC before continuing:

1. Windows Development Tools - CLICK HERE
    2. Zune PC App - CLICK HERE

Windows Development tools will take some time to download and install so be patient!

Now that you have all the tools ready to go on PC and your HD2 on WP7 its now time for the fun part!

1. Download Chevron - CLICK HERE
    2. Put ChevronWP7.exe in root of your C:/ drive
    3. Download chevronwp7.cer - CLICK HERE
    4. Attach chevronwp7.cer to your email and send to yourself. - Open up the email on your HD2 (I used google mail) and click the attachment once will turn into shield, Click attachment again to goto install screen and click install.
    5. Now on your PC plug phone into USB and run Zune. (run as administator) ChevronWP7 in C:/ drive. - tick both boxes and click unlock. Now exit.

Now you have your phone unlocked and ready to move onto the registry editing.

1. Download XBMOD Deployer - CLICK HERE
    2. In your Windows Development tools you installed earlier there should be an application called "Application Deployment". Connect your phone and open the program and install XBMODDeployer.xap. This extracts the provxml into /My Documents/My Ringtones/.
    3. Download TouchXplorer - CLICK HERE - and install this .xap the same way as step 2.
    4. Using TouchXplorer copy the file in /My Documents/My Ringtones/ to /Windows/ , overwrite if asked. - Give it time to open the Windows folder it takes a while.
    5. Download HTC Connection Setup - CLICK HERE - same as above deploy to phone.
    6. Open HTC Connection Setup and setup your network.
    7. If your camera setting are not showing, in settings region, change display language to: United States. - this shouldnt affect anything if you are in a different country. Im from UK

Now your phone is almost setup and ready to go. All you need to do now is contact microsoft for your activation code for your new HD7. Then just sign into live and enter activation code.

Marketplace and LIVE service should all function fine now.

I hope this Tutorial was wasy for you to follow. Any problems I'll be happy to help.​

USEFUL LINKS:
    Chevron Tutorial and Download
    Manually edit registry
    Tom XAP Installer
    Apps for HD2

Frequently asked questions:
    Cant Sync phone or cant get phone connected to any of the programs? Make sure you have everything installed correctly and make sure your Phone is AWAKE!!

Having problems installing any apps? - Use Toms little app HERE

Camera Settings not showing/working? - change display language to: United States.
    I had already started a howto but yours is way better :)
    so what I like to do is ad yours (and the link to this thread ofcourse

Just link to this thread please as it took me a while and would appreciate the Thanks! :)
    Hi Thanks For The Help

i stay in Mumbai India i just dial ms cc at bengaluru and got the 25 digit activation code

its works but when i install in market place they says Confirm perchase then come

" Cant get info right now. check back in a little while."

i have live id with United state and in phone also all seting are US

is this any problem in Market place or i need activation code from US ??

Please Reply

Thanks

There were 2 series of codes released by MS .. The activation for the first series is no more being accepted by the servers ... I advice you to try calling them again
    bryangopan was very helpful with the code , i really recommend him if you guys have no luck with the code
    Ok so before doing anything to my phone I think it is best to get the code for the sake of it. You know it'd be frustrating to do everything then found out you couldn't get the codes which is the last thing you need. Anyway, I grabbed the codes then just typed them straight into my phone without modifying anything and it just worked.....just like that, magic? No, LOL it just worked HEHE. Below is my chat with the agent, copied right after I got the codes moments ago

I'm on boyppc WP7 NAND MAGLDR 22 May ROM if anyone wanna know which ROm I'm using

You are now chatting with 'Max'.
    Max: Welcome to Microsoft Customer Service Chat.
    Me: Hi
    Max: May I first ask, do you have the phone with you right now?
    Me: Thanks for the quick response <== I waited for 5 seconds LOL, it was that quick
    Me: yes I am
    Max: No problem.
    Max: Are you still on the screen saying "Activation Required"?
    Me: I think I skipped the activation screen, how do I get back to it?
    Max: Would you know how to go to email & accounts on your phone?
    Me: Ok, no problem, i got back to the screen <= I lied to make me looks like knowing nothing :p
    Max: There are five boxes, am I right?
    Me: yes, am I suppose to fill my details in or some kind of codes? <== Playing dumb again )
    Max: Alright. It's nice to hear you got back there already.
    Max: What you can enter there is an activation code that we would be getting.
    Max: Let's go ahead and get an activation code for your phone.
    Me: ok
    Max: May I just ask for your phone number and the brand of your phone?
    Me: I'm with Optus Australia. Phone number is XXXX XXX XXX (My real fone number), it's a HTC <== I didn't say specifically about the model, just HTC and not even mentioning about IMEI, Serial number or anything!
    Max: Thanks.
    Max: I'll be right back quickly with a code.
    Max: Here it is:
    Max: *****-*****-*****-*****-***** <= Tada
    Me: I'll give it a try and tell u if it's ok
    Max: Yes, please.
    Max: Kindly enter the code on your phone and inform me of the result.
    Max: I'll be right here.
    Me: I think it's working fine, tried buying an app and all good
    Max: Excellent.
    Max: I'm glad we got your phone activated.
    Max: Please note that this is now your permanent product key. Kindly save and keep it in a safe place. In case you would need to reset your phone and re-enter a code, you may enter this code again. <== This answers many people's question about this code being permanent or a one-time code. It is permanent people, u r stucked with this code for life until u request another code for some reason
    Max: Would there be other customer service issues I can help you with?
    Me: That'd be all, thanks for your help
    Max: You're most welcome.
    Max: Thank you for using Microsoft Customer Service Chat. Please feel free to come back. We are available seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
    Chat session has been terminated by the agent.

It's that simple, less than 2 minutes guys. I think it's better to use the chat, easier to lie when typing than saying it LOL

I followed the chat link provided by xda member rajivshahi on page 5 of this thread and it worked just fine (Sorry I cannot post the link directly as I'm new to the forum so I'm restricted to do so til my 8th post).

Here is his original post

I just had a chat with M$ chat HERE and chose the first option...

and it worked... they asked my name and number... i said i'm australia, they asked if i tried my point of sale representative or ms australia... i said i called my mobile service provider who asked me to contact m$... and then asked me to get my phone and gave me tha code and asked me to try if it worked ... and it did... :D:D:D
    <== Sorry can't post the link yet as I'm not having enough posts for posting external links

h**p://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_sc_selector_chat?ws=mscom&ws=mscom# <= replace ** with tt and you should be fine

Select the first option which is "Product Sales, General Inquiries and Genuine Advantage Questions"

A pop-up opens ask for a few thing like names & email address. Select the reason for contacting Microsoft as "For general inquiries" which is the last one in the scroll-down menu

Then type in the text box about why you need to contact them. I typed: "I got stucked at the activation screen for Windows Live Market on my new HTC Windows Phone 7"

It's that simple Hope this helps