GSM-Only Android Development for EVO 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Delano.888

Nov 29, 2009
Arnhem
@Delano.888, do you plan on using the Revolutionary tool to s-off and root your phone?

I would LOVE to know if it also works on the Euro Evo 3D! :D

Nope, I'm going to wait with the rooting till it's fully done and with unlocked boot loader. Shouldn't take too long..

Also: I think al GSM phones have simcard slots? Because that's how gsm works right?

metko

Oct 1, 2010
prizren
So the evo 3d is availible in europe i dont mean the whole europe but somhere in europe? I realy wanted it then lost interest on it (cause of the release date) now im not sure is it a good buy or maybe wait for september/october to see what appe is going to do with its new iphone 5...im not sure what to do..

Last edited:

Nerds2You

Apr 10, 2010
Edmonton
I am on the waiting list for the UMTS (GSM) version from Rogers (#111 on the list). The emails say August arrival in them, but no firm date.

The Rogers version should have proper Caller ID (name AND number) I am really hoping that any ROM's that get developed keep this functionality as it is super important for us on the Rogers network who pay extra for that service.

Rogers has announced that theirs WILL be released with an unlocked bootloader.

metko

Oct 1, 2010
prizren
I am on the waiting list for the UMTS (GSM) version from Rogers (#111 on the list). The emails say August arrival in them, but no firm date.

The Rogers version should have proper Caller ID (name AND number) I am really hoping that any ROM's that get developed keep this functionality as it is super important for us on the Rogers network who pay extra for that service.

today htc updated their page and they said all the new and upcoming devices will come with locked bootloader but you it will be possibly to unlock them officialy from htc but you will lose your waranty so i dont belive it will come unlocked
by the way anyone got it in europe? i cant decide evo 3d or the upcoming iphone :S

Fightspit

May 13, 2010
Paris
So the evo 3d is availible in europe i dont mean the whole europe but somhere in europe? I realy wanted it then lost interest on it (cause of the release date) now im not sure is it a good buy or maybe wait for september/october to see what appe is going to do with its new iphone 5...im not sure what to do..

Iphone 5 ? WTF ? XD

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Reactions: MettlerNikola

metko

Oct 1, 2010
prizren
Iphone 5 ? WTF ? XD

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

i had a hd2 wich i sold and it was an awsome phone and its specs are like the iphone 4,now i got iphone 4 and when i compare them it looks like the iphone is years ahead of the hd2 (wich was runing android ofcourse),i gave the iphone 4 to my dad and now geting a new device so dont know should i get the evo 3d or wait for a new iphone or a new droid (nexus prime or something like that)

Reeonimus

Jul 18, 2010
Calgary

Best buy is getting them tomorrow and theirs will be $50 cheaper on a 3 year contract/upgrade selling at $99. I've also heard that you can cancel your pre-order with Rogers at no cost if you want to try to get one from best buy. Good luck!

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
I've got mine already in germany.
They are already shipped with s-off bootloaders.
Unfortuantly the HBOOT is locked down.
Gingerbreak made it possible to root, PG86IMG.zip made it possible to flash a custom recovery.
By the way.. the code name for the wwe Version is Shooter_U

Here a screenshoot:
View attachment 677479

Last edited:

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
HTC Desire
Google Nexus 4
@Flashmaniac, did you try to use the Revolutionary tool? How can the bootloader be s-off but the hboot locked? I'm a bit confused here!

Quick question: does your Euro Evo 3D looks like the first or second one?

Last edited:

Leechoonhwee

Apr 30, 2006
i had a hd2 wich i sold and it was an awsome phone and its specs are like the iphone 4,now i got iphone 4 and when i compare them it looks like the iphone is years ahead of the hd2 (wich was runing android ofcourse),i gave the iphone 4 to my dad and now geting a new device so dont know should i get the evo 3d or wait for a new iphone or a new droid (nexus prime or something like that)

If you like the Iphone interface then you should install MIUI Rom and suddenly you felt that the HD2 is light years ahead of iphone again.... LOL

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
@Flashmaniac, did you try to use the Revolutionary tool? How can the bootloader be s-off but the hboot locked? I'm a bit confused here!

Quick question: does your Euro Evo 3D looks like the first or second one?

Saidly it looks like the first, I don't like the buttons either.
It's just like that, the bootloader and hboot are 2 different things.
Nand Security is still on so I cannot write things over fastboot.
And no I did'nt try the tool because the tool is for CDMA user only, hboot 1.30000 and 1.4000 I've got 1.47xxx :s

naf

Dec 22, 2005
I´m getting mine on saturday or lately on monday.

@flashmaniac: "I got GSM EVO 3D, I've got perm root.
But where to find a GSM Clockworkmod? Thought the one koush has posted isn't for GSM Devices?"

Which tool did you use for perm-root? the scripts that were used for cdma evo work, too?

Last edited:

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
HTC Desire
Google Nexus 4
Saidly it looks like the first, I don't like the buttons either.
It's just like that, the bootloader and hboot are 2 different things.
Nand Security is still on so I cannot write things over fastboot.
And no I did'nt try the tool because the tool is for CDMA user only, hboot 1.30000 and 1.4000 I've got 1.47xxx :s

Oh I see, too bad, I'm not a huge fan of the circled buttons either.

I wasn't sure about the difference between hboot and bootloader so my mistake. If Revolutionary doesn't work on it, I'm gonna hold off buying it for now. I cannot live with a non-rooted, s-on device! Thanks for the info.

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
I´m getting mine on saturday or lately on monday.

@flashmaniac: "I got GSM EVO 3D, I've got perm root.
But where to find a GSM Clockworkmod? Thought the one koush has posted isn't for GSM Devices?"

Which tool did you use for perm-root? the scripts that were used for cdma evo work, too?

tbh IEF from revolutinary.io did it via Teamviewer.
He took boot.img and a recovery.img and something else I can't remember to make a version of their tool for gsm user too.
Attn1 wrote a recovery for it too, haven't tested it that much yet. Backingup does work, restoring not tested. Thats why I didn't flash the custom ROM yet.
I think he gingerbroke my device.

Reactions: naf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please use the other development section for CDMA EVO 3D (Sprint) :cool:
    if I were to.....................

Lets say I:
    -setup a clone of charan's evo3d cdma shooter.git link
    -switch in all the gsm bits i can find (to replace the cdma versions)
    -make some minor corrections to the extract-files AND
    -pull all the proprietary files (with 0 errors / missing files) theeeeen I....
    -add in the msm8660 support to my local android git so i can compile
    -copy the cyanogen_vendor file from the supersonic & make all the changes
    making it a cyanogen_shooteru set and THEN............

I start compiling cyanogenmod. and it is still going.................
    now.... this brings me back to my original question (as I am not in a position yet to be using my MAIN device as a test platform....)

IF THIS COMPILE FINISHES....... A BIG IF

does anyone want to test it ??? :) :) :) :)???????????????

From the sounds of the cdma thread.. we know that bluetooth isnt quite right yet. but... .... the gsm people might have something to play with if this works :)
    ahem. Maybe not.. .. we will see.

editk.... i am stopped atm... wimax compile issues.. working through them.. keep u posted.
    I'm still hoping for official CM7 or CM9, or even a kang.
    I have not seen any GSM DEVs mention ASOP work so we could get MIUI or CM7

There still is hope tho.;-)
    copenhagen and the team got it working this morning. App update should come soon