[Q] recovery?

Search This thread
Hey there, you seem to have unlocked your bootloader without really knowing what to do next. Pretty much any custom kernel out there has CWM and support for swap and whatnot.

If you plan on keep using stock software, I suggest you flash Rage Kernel (3.0 for GB, 3.2 for ICS).
If you plan on running CyanogenMod (or any other AOSP-based ROM), most of them already come with kernels sporting such features.

good luck

magikstar

Hey there, you seem to have unlocked your bootloader without really knowing what to do next. Pretty much any custom kernel out there has CWM and support for swap and whatnot.

If you plan on keep using stock software, I suggest you flash Rage Kernel (3.0 for GB, 3.2 for ICS).
If you plan on running CyanogenMod (or any other AOSP-based ROM), most of them already come with kernels sporting such features.

good luck

there's only cwm avalaible,no 4EXT Recovery?
i love miui rom so i want to find one with no bug.i have selected:

[ROM][ICS 4.0.4][All MDPI]ExMIUIv4.2[Locked & Unlocked BL's] http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2173080

[ROM][JB 4.1.2] [ROM][JB 4.1.2] MIUI v5 BETA 3.10.11 | STABLE | MULTILANG | ALL MDPI | [20/10/13] http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2219729

and the kernel,what kernel to choose for what rom?

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
there's only cwm avalaible,no 4EXT Recovery?
i love miui rom so i want to find one with no bug.i have selected:

[ROM][ICS 4.0.4][All MDPI]ExMIUIv4.2[Locked & Unlocked BL's] http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2173080

[ROM][JB 4.1.2] [ROM][JB 4.1.2] MIUI v5 BETA 3.10.11 | STABLE | MULTILANG | ALL MDPI | [20/10/13] http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2219729

and the kernel,what kernel to choose for what rom?

for: [ROM][ICS 4.0.4][All MDPI]ExMIUIv4.2[Locked & Unlocked BL's] ITS STATED ON THREAD:
Recommended kernels for unlocked phones:
-ExTended Stock kernel (tested)
-KrSh kernel (tested)
-Mesa kernel
-Kernel Panic
-or other ICS compatible kernel
(I tested with Panic/KrSh and ExTended on my SK17i)

--> search them on google (''*kernel name* xperia mini xda'')

for [ROM][JB 4.1.2] [ROM][JB 4.1.2] MIUI v5 BETA 3.10.11 | STABLE | MULTILANG | ALL MDPI | [20/10/13:
its also described on thread below downloads

please first do research then ask, atleast READ the whole rom thread (only OP's posts)

magikstar

for: [ROM][ICS 4.0.4][All MDPI]ExMIUIv4.2[Locked & Unlocked BL's] ITS STATED ON THREAD:
Recommended kernels for unlocked phones:
-ExTended Stock kernel (tested)
-KrSh kernel (tested)
-Mesa kernel
-Kernel Panic
-or other ICS compatible kernel
(I tested with Panic/KrSh and ExTended on my SK17i)

--> search them on google (''*kernel name* xperia mini xda'')

for [ROM][JB 4.1.2] [ROM][JB 4.1.2] MIUI v5 BETA 3.10.11 | STABLE | MULTILANG | ALL MDPI | [20/10/13:
its also described on thread below downloads

please first do research then ask, atleast READ the whole rom thread (only OP's posts)

i have read but i wanted some advise before flashing something.
where can i found CWM and good tuto to root the device i am on 4.0.2.a.2.62 but the phone say it has no newer version

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
i have read but i wanted some advise before flashing something.
where can i found CWM and good tuto to root the device i am on 4.0.2.a.2.62 but the phone say it has no newer version

you can get ICS only thru pc spftware fro sony! (no OTA), BUT IF YOZR BOOTLOADER UNLOCK:

you have to update to ICS via flashtool (google it , for guide!!) (if u do via sony pc software you risk brick)

if you have custom kernel you have CWM. (its inside kernel, to acess press volume down continuesly while kernel logo)

if you plan install custom rom + kernel , then no need to root. bcuz all custom rom & kernel come prerooted. if u still want root stock rom use ''e root'' app

magikstar

you can get ICS only thru pc spftware fro sony! (no OTA), BUT IF YOZR BOOTLOADER UNLOCK:

you have to update to ICS via flashtool (google it , for guide!!) (if u do via sony pc software you risk brick)

if you have custom kernel you have CWM. (its inside kernel, to acess press volume down continuesly while kernel logo)

if you plan install custom rom + kernel , then no need to root. bcuz all custom rom & kernel come prerooted. if u still want root stock rom use ''e root'' app

ah yes ok!
i haved unlocked my bootloader when i was in 2.3.4 and using flashtool i haved flashed 4.0.4 without problem
thank you.

Reactions: bejunk

magikstar

ah yes ok!
i haved unlocked my bootloader when i was in 2.3.4 and using flashtool i haved flashed 4.0.4 without problem
thank you.

I have donwloaded MIUI 3.10.11 mango.zip and LuPuS_mango_jBv8-full.img but i don't know what to do with that,generally i have a rom.zip and a boot.img,i m not familiar with that

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
I have donwloaded MIUI 3.10.11 mango.zip and LuPuS_mango_jBv8-full.img but i don't know what to do with that,generally i have a rom.zip and a boot.img,i m not familiar with that

okay there allready some good tuts avaiable so ill post just a bit:

1. backup all you need, if you have ics & a custom kernel do a backup in CWM (can skip, but not synced data (like sms) may be gone)
2. before flashing that kernel, put the rom.zip on your SD card. also look if your rom needs gapps (if yes put also on sd)
3.flash kernel via flashtool like here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1879982 (do all stuff in flasht ool 1st, then at end when prompted connect phine via fastboot to pc )
4. after this directly boot into cwm (continuesly press volume down on kernel logo(may lupus has other button))
5. install rom & maybe other stuff (see install instruction on rom thread)
.done & boot :)

good lucj

magikstar

okay there allready some good tuts avaiable so ill post just a bit:

1. backup all you need, if you have ics & a custom kernel do a backup in CWM (can skip, but not synced data (like sms) may be gone)
2. before flashing that kernel, put the rom.zip on your SD card. also look if your rom needs gapps (if yes put also on sd)
3.flash kernel via flashtool like here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1879982 (do all stuff in flasht ool 1st, then at end when prompted connect phine via fastboot to pc )
4. after this directly boot into cwm (continuesly press volume down on kernel logo(may lupus has other button))
5. install rom & maybe other stuff (see install instruction on rom thread)
.done & boot :)

good lucj

ok thank you i have win!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ah yes ok!
    thank you.