Sony tablet S WILL be getting ics :D

Search This thread

guneraykut

Apr 27, 2011
it is wonderful news but if they will fix wifi problem which didint fix with last update 3,2,1(release2) and i wait root access :D

jychan28

Apr 3, 2006
California
Don't know why people are excited about Android 4.0, just because it is a newer version so it would be better. Is SONY known to be a better software company?

SONY Tablet S has very short battery life compared to iPAD, don't shut-off whatever is running in the background that eating up the batteries. I can leave my iPAD 64G for 2 months and power it up and it still have more than half the battery life. I leaved the Tablet S in my brief case for a day or two, it emitted a funny beeping sound. I now figure it out it is because the batteries run down below 10% and that is a warning sound.

Tablet S's charger is from stone-age. You need to carry a AC cable and this little brick. I didn't want to carry the heavy weight and bought an extra one and that cost $39.95 plus 8.5% CA sales tax. But it didn't really solve my problem because I need 4 of them. But charger connector is so unique that there is no substitute and its voltage is not standard so I can't just cut the wire and splice it to an USB cable. Samsung Tablet also has its own charger but it is small (but expensive). But you can use non-Samsung charger if you don't mind it took twice or more as long to charge it (I leave it overnight with an iPad charger). On the other hand, iPAD uses USB charger. Through the years I accumulate enough of those that I never have to carry the charger (small) around except one iPhone cable. I didn't like Apple's fascism on users so I bought the SONY to help out the industry but it is bitter-sweet experience. SONY has better camera and better feel on the hands. However, when it plays HD .wmv files the sound disappear because the hardware is not fast enough in spite it is dual-core at 1Ghz (the video player is a paid commercial version). iPAD2 beats it hands down but you need iTunes to get anything over to iPADs or iPhones that really is a pain at the neck.

I don't care any fancy name Sandwiches or Ice Cream or Android 4. I just want it to run smoothly, not to sleep on me or re-boot at times by itself. Give me a real sleep software that it will keep the battery standby longer because I don't like to wait for couple minutes every time I need to use it. In other words one of the beauty of Tablets over notebooks is instant ON.

I hope someone will answer my post and tell me what I did wrong with my SONY so it got so short operation life (4 hours or so) and short standby battery life (day and half). I don't think I got a defective machine. If that was the case, I would be very disappointed with SONY's quality control. Mine is a 32G version. BTW, the little leather case accessory for this baby is $99.99 plus 8.5% and it is no more than just a bag.

It just shows me SONY is ARROGANT and Apple is FASCIST. Samsung is trying to figure out which side to lean. I just wonder whether Google + Motorola will give use a better true U.S. machine(s).

neonkoala

Aug 27, 2006
Don't know why people are excited about Android 4.0, just because it is a newer version so it would be better. Is SONY known to be a better software company?

SONY Tablet S has very short battery life compared to iPAD, don't shut-off whatever is running in the background that eating up the batteries. I can leave my iPAD 64G for 2 months and power it up and it still have more than half the battery life. I leaved the Tablet S in my brief case for a day or two, it emitted a funny beeping sound. I now figure it out it is because the batteries run down below 10% and that is a warning sound.

Tablet S's charger is from stone-age. You need to carry a AC cable and this little brick. I didn't want to carry the heavy weight and bought an extra one and that cost $39.95 plus 8.5% CA sales tax. But it didn't really solve my problem because I need 4 of them. But charger connector is so unique that there is no substitute and its voltage is not standard so I can't just cut the wire and splice it to an USB cable. Samsung Tablet also has its own charger but it is small (but expensive). But you can use non-Samsung charger if you don't mind it took twice or more as long to charge it (I leave it overnight with an iPad charger). On the other hand, iPAD uses USB charger. Through the years I accumulate enough of those that I never have to carry the charger (small) around except one iPhone cable. I didn't like Apple's fascism on users so I bought the SONY to help out the industry but it is bitter-sweet experience. SONY has better camera and better feel on the hands. However, when it plays HD .wmv files the sound disappear because the hardware is not fast enough in spite it is dual-core at 1Ghz (the video player is a paid commercial version). iPAD2 beats it hands down but you need iTunes to get anything over to iPADs or iPhones that really is a pain at the neck.

I don't care any fancy name Sandwiches or Ice Cream or Android 4. I just want it to run smoothly, not to sleep on me or re-boot at times by itself. Give me a real sleep software that it will keep the battery standby longer because I don't like to wait for couple minutes every time I need to use it. In other words one of the beauty of Tablets over notebooks is instant ON.

I hope someone will answer my post and tell me what I did wrong with my SONY so it got so short operation life (4 hours or so) and short standby battery life (day and half). I don't think I got a defective machine. If that was the case, I would be very disappointed with SONY's quality control. Mine is a 32G version. BTW, the little leather case accessory for this baby is $99.99 plus 8.5% and it is no more than just a bag.

It just shows me SONY is ARROGANT and Apple is FASCIST. Samsung is trying to figure out which side to lean. I just wonder whether Google + Motorola will give use a better true U.S. machine(s).

Ignoring the rant, the problem with standby usage of only a couple of days is due to your tablet not going to sleep (have a look in the battery usage graph). I had this and fixed it with a factory reset. Somewhere along the line something in an upgrade or similar stopped it sleeping. Factory reset has fixed it all for me.

WHAAAAAAAAAAA....

That being said.... My tablet rocks! I am no fan of the ipad that my brother and best friend own and I have no idea how you could go a couple of days without using it... I actually like the power port since I have had two phones with the micro usb where the port went bad... This newly designed power port allows you to simply place in the cradle rather than struggling to force the thing in the stand had it come with a standard port.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda premium

Judah001

Dec 19, 2011
I know there is this hype around the S1 getting ICS, but how will it improve performance and functionality?

Cuif

Nov 5, 2011
Men I have the ipad 2 and this a crap not flash soport and dont download apps an games and videos and see you pplay videos you have pot the computer usb cable in te computer tis a **** and the emulators not good in ipad 2 and the jailbreak is only 4.3.3 this tables is much bether with te ipad 2

Enviado desde mi Sony Tablet S usando Tapatalk

HKboy92

Feb 18, 2011
Den Helder
WHAAAAAAAAAAA....

That being said.... My tablet rocks! I am no fan of the ipad that my brother and best friend own and I have no idea how you could go a couple of days without using it... I actually like the power port since I have had two phones with the micro usb where the port went bad... This newly designed power port allows you to simply place in the cradle rather than struggling to force the thing in the stand had it come with a standard port.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda premium

Power port has ups & downs. It's a SONY-only cable, which sucks, but it's REALLY comfortable in using it. Better then USB if you ask me, although something universal was good too.

That aside, I really hope ICS will allow the S1 for micro-USB charging, so I can use my Duracell USB charger.

Furthermore, I agree that ICS has no REAL benefits on tablets, but it's always nice to have, no?

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
you're forgetting something.

a.) under the hood improvements
b.) pretty soon all droid tablet app devs will be targeting ICS. Honeycomb is a dead platform + it has tiny market share.

pcoulson

Apr 11, 2011
UK, Cumbria
I read somewhere that ICS doesn't partition the "internal" memory space for apps and OS as honeycomb currently does, so this might release some space for those with the 16Gb version of tablets.

Anyone else heard this? If true, I'm sure it'll be good news for a lot of users.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It seems that a tidbit of info about the Tablet S with ICS was leaked in the following video at 3:20:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCMH-dcY_o8

He mentions that with the Tablet S and ICS you will not only be able to throw media (photos, videos, music) via DLNA to your TV as you can do now, but you'll be able to throw your entire tablets screen to your TV. I do have to wonder what this could mean for this tablet. Will it allow you to play games on your tablet and have them wirelessly stream and be displayed on your TV? If so, how in the frack would this be possible? Or could it just mean you can take any random shot of a screen and toss it to the TV just as you would an image?

If you will be able to play full motion video and games on your TVs screen wirelessly, what sort of features will your TV have to support to make this work? If this is what I'm hoping it is, it'll more than make up for the lack of HDMI on the Tablet S :D
    http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/thread/143742?tstart=0

Just read this over on the official forums. Hopefully the time frame will be up soon :D
    I think a lot of people who think ICS is the 2nd coming are goimg to be disappointed with ICS on Tablets.. Yes it will offer improvements but I think smartphones will benefit more from it than Tablets will..

ICS want to merge the UI on Androids and it IMHO takes a lot of HC and moves / ports it over to phones.. Does ICS offer improvememts for Tablets? You bet! Is it the 2nd coming? Not even close.. Expect it to look and act the same as HC with behind the scene and under the hood improvememts..
    And which are the under the hood improvements?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

This article teaches a lot about features incorporated into ICS which will really improve the user experience:
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc...android-4-0-ice-cream-sandwich-1043150/review
    Does ICS have the hardware buttons support?
    I hate this "feature" of HC - inabilty to use the hardware/capacitive buttons.

Yes it does; on devices like my Samsung Galaxy S II with hardware buttons (technically not really hardware on this phone), it will use those instead of the capacitive buttons.