[APP][MortScript][Alpha] OSLoader - Android on Windows (Embedded) CE

• Thread starter Deleted member 1890170
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 1890170

Yes I know there is Gen.Y DualBOOT out since January, 2010, a bootlauncher application for Windows Mobile. It is not designed to be used with landscape oriented touchscreen devices running Windows (Embedded) CE - as this is the case with many SatNav units. Also, for me, it is not generic enough, ex. drive names where an Android installation is searched for, are hardcoded. Hence I decided to 're-code' this bootloader in MortScript, so that each one can modify the code on the fly, if needed. I named the project 'OSLoader'.

OSLoaderMenu-Demo-Screenshot.png

Be aware, 'OSLoader' is only a bootlauncher application, so that you still need to provide a suitable Android on your CE device for yourself.
And, as it is with Gen.Y DualBOOT too, actually 'HaRET' is used to boot Android.

Important Note:
Besides the fact you need to provide a suitable Android on your CE device for yourself - the Android distribution that comes with 'OSLoader' only serves demonstration purposes, it doesn't make any sense to try to get Android running on Windows (Embedded) CE via 'HaRET', if you can't obtain a copy of CE's main display driver as named in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\Drivers\MainDisplay, (perhaps using tool 'NDumpCE' by ablbd and renaming this 'ddi.dll' to 'ace_ddi.dll' ) this because 'HaRET' (at least all its current available versions I've used) expects library 'ace_ddi.dll' (a Samsung's main display driver) to be present in device's folder \Windows. Of course 'OSLoader' comes with a 'ace_ddi.dll' replacement...

'OSLoader' is still under development. It may be incomplete, may contain bugs. Please feel free to report any bugs, suggest any improvements.

Downloads: see post #2
Installation Instructions: see post #3

Disclaimer:

THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION AND ANY AND ALL UPDATES AND MODIFICATIONS TO THEM ARE LICENSED 'AS IS.' I DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE OR ITS DOCUMENTATION WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL RUN ERROR-FREE. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES COVERING THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF DESIGN, MERCHANTABLITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR AGAINST INFRINGEMENT

Credits:

Mirko Schenk (AKA Mort) -> MortScript [ http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?lang=en ]
TroNik -> CE-utilities (esp. RegFlushKey.exe)
Daniel Schumann .-> SystemInformation [ http://www.ultimatelaunch.de/index_en.html ]

PLEASE ALWAYS USE THIS THREAD TO POST ISSUES RELATED TO OSLoader, DO NOT PM ME. THANK YOU.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1890170

Version history:

2013-08-05 Fixed some typos (thanks to bulldozerecske)
Version 0.0.4 Android-on-CE-DualBoot-0.0.4.zip MD5: 1d73ade6ac8cbc102dc603dfa8d4d66d

2012-12-27 Fixed calculation of RAM needed to run supplied Android port
Version 0.0.3

2012-12-24 Script bugs fixed (thanks to Viper The Ripper)
Version 0.0.2

2012-12-20 Initial release
Version 0.0.1

Kindly remark: Please do NOT mirror 'OSLoader' somewhere else. Thank you.

Reactions: pajerm
D

Deleted member 1890170

Installation Instructions:

Unpack .ZIP to root of SD-card. Run <sd-card>\OSLoader\OSLoader.exe

D

Deleted member 1890170

FAQ:

1. How does HaRET work?
As I understand it, the Android port you privide IS NOT A ROM. Hence you copy the Rootfs, Kernel and HaRet to the SD-card and run it. No flashing at all. HaRET unloads Windows (Embedded) CE and starts Android. The internal storage is mounted under Android as a normal partition. After a soft-reset (warm-boot) it returns to Windows (Embedded) CE automatically. So no flashing and no formatting with different filesystem.

2. What is the correct machine type ID for my device?
Honestly I don't know this. AFAIK a generic machine type isn't defined here. If you don't find a valuable identifier please feel free to register your device with http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/ and then use the machine type ID assigned.

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
Awesome! this will work on all devices with windows ce 6.0?
I've looking for running Android on my Toshiba Journe Touch with windows ce 6.0 but I've never found anyone who port Android to this device :( so I will try you work! ;)
I would like to have Android, whichever (donut, froyo...) would be better than windows ce :(

D

Deleted member 1890170

I've looking for running Android on my Toshiba Journe Touch with windows ce 6.0 but I've never found anyone who port Android to this device :( so I will try you work! ;)
I would like to have Android, whichever (donut, froyo...) would be better than windows ce :(
If you mean 'OSLoader' itself, then the answer is YES. If you mean the applied Android distribution, then the answer is I DON'T KNOW. :)

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
If you mean 'OSLoader' itself, then the answer is YES. If you mean the applied Android distribution, then the answer is I DON'T KNOW. :)

Didn' t work :D but great work!
"Missing ')'
Line 95..."

waarffockrnosjahwbfe!!! I need Android on my device, winCE is useless... I can't use flash player! Do you know any way to port android to this device? lol!

wildmau

Apr 24, 2009
Foggia
I have a HTC HD "blackstone", I can use this program? in your opinion what is the best way to turn my Blackstone in an android phone?

D

Deleted member 1890170

'OSLoader' is a bootlauncher, not a bootloader, as this is with 'HaRET' which is called by 'OSLoader' to boot Windows (Embedded) CE and/or Windows Mobile in Android.

If you know of
1. an Android port that is compiled for a HTC HD "blackstone", and
2. the machine type identifier that matches your HTC or at least comes closest to it
then you should be able to run Android on top of Windows Mobile using 'OSLoader', IMHO ...

Perhaps this helps you: http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=577

87Fra87

Jan 7, 2010
R: [APP][MortScript][Alpha] OSLoader - Android on Windows (Embedded) CE

I want install android to dual boot on My car radio hardstone HS dpm63.....where can i begin from? Is there guide?

Inviato dal mio Xperia S con Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 1890170

I'm sure that OS Loader will work on my Device. :)
jwoegerbauer what do you think about?
Can't confirm OSLoader runs flawlessly on your Toshiba G910 (running Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 Professional). Why not simply try it out? OSLoader affects nothing.

Reactions: Mik-el

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv
Thanks, I will try :)
My device will not brick because OS Loader works from the SDcard...
The Android version of your app is the 2.2?

Last edited:

patriciogac

Aug 2, 2008
My 2 din chinese radio with WinCe 6.0 has the arm1136jf-s processor.... where I need to put this information?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    Yes I know there is Gen.Y DualBOOT out since January, 2010, a bootlauncher application for Windows Mobile. It is not designed to be used with landscape oriented touchscreen devices running Windows (Embedded) CE - as this is the case with many SatNav units. Also, for me, it is not generic enough, ex. drive names where an Android installation is searched for, are hardcoded. Hence I decided to 're-code' this bootloader in MortScript, so that each one can modify the code on the fly, if needed. I named the project 'OSLoader'.

OSLoaderMenu-Demo-Screenshot.png

Be aware, 'OSLoader' is only a bootlauncher application, so that you still need to provide a suitable Android on your CE device for yourself.
    And, as it is with Gen.Y DualBOOT too, actually 'HaRET' is used to boot Android.

Important Note:
    Besides the fact you need to provide a suitable Android on your CE device for yourself - the Android distribution that comes with 'OSLoader' only serves demonstration purposes, it doesn't make any sense to try to get Android running on Windows (Embedded) CE via 'HaRET', if you can't obtain a copy of CE's main display driver as named in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\Drivers\MainDisplay, (perhaps using tool 'NDumpCE' by ablbd and renaming this 'ddi.dll' to 'ace_ddi.dll' ) this because 'HaRET' (at least all its current available versions I've used) expects library 'ace_ddi.dll' (a Samsung's main display driver) to be present in device's folder \Windows. Of course 'OSLoader' comes with a 'ace_ddi.dll' replacement...

'OSLoader' is still under development. It may be incomplete, may contain bugs. Please feel free to report any bugs, suggest any improvements.

Downloads: see post #2
    Installation Instructions: see post #3

Disclaimer:

THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION AND ANY AND ALL UPDATES AND MODIFICATIONS TO THEM ARE LICENSED 'AS IS.' I DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE OR ITS DOCUMENTATION WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL RUN ERROR-FREE. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES COVERING THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF DESIGN, MERCHANTABLITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR AGAINST INFRINGEMENT

Credits:

Mirko Schenk (AKA Mort) -> MortScript [ http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?lang=en ]
    TroNik -> CE-utilities (esp. RegFlushKey.exe)
    Daniel Schumann .-> SystemInformation [ http://www.ultimatelaunch.de/index_en.html ]

PLEASE ALWAYS USE THIS THREAD TO POST ISSUES RELATED TO OSLoader, DO NOT PM ME. THANK YOU.
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    Version history:

2013-08-05 Fixed some typos (thanks to bulldozerecske)
    Version 0.0.4 Android-on-CE-DualBoot-0.0.4.zip MD5: 1d73ade6ac8cbc102dc603dfa8d4d66d

2012-12-27 Fixed calculation of RAM needed to run supplied Android port
    Version 0.0.3

2012-12-24 Script bugs fixed (thanks to Viper The Ripper)
    Version 0.0.2

2012-12-20 Initial release
    Version 0.0.1

Kindly remark: Please do NOT mirror 'OSLoader' somewhere else. Thank you.
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    Installation Instructions:

Unpack .ZIP to root of SD-card. Run <sd-card>\OSLoader\OSLoader.exe
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    FAQ:

1. How does HaRET work?
    As I understand it, the Android port you privide IS NOT A ROM. Hence you copy the Rootfs, Kernel and HaRet to the SD-card and run it. No flashing at all. HaRET unloads Windows (Embedded) CE and starts Android. The internal storage is mounted under Android as a normal partition. After a soft-reset (warm-boot) it returns to Windows (Embedded) CE automatically. So no flashing and no formatting with different filesystem.

2. What is the correct machine type ID for my device?
    Honestly I don't know this. AFAIK a generic machine type isn't defined here. If you don't find a valuable identifier please feel free to register your device with http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/ and then use the machine type ID assigned.
    D
    Deleted member 1890170