[N4-Conversion][CM10.1][SOURCE-BUILT][GEEB] CM10.1 nightly (1/17/13)

Search This thread

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
you need to do the n4 conversion first.

ok so i compiled a cm10.1 rom from source. your phone will now be recognized as an Optimus G and not a Nexus 4. I will be working on fixing NFC, storage issues and cap buttons. I wanted to get a working source tree for our phone first.

download here: http://d-h.st/U7f

not working:
- only uses 8gb of sdcard
- no external sd
- nfc
- HDMI out (MHL)

Source:
https://github.com/sk8erwitskil/vendor_lge_geeb-cm10.1
https://github.com/sk8erwitskil/kernel_lge_geeb-cm10.1
https://github.com/sk8erwitskil/device_lge_geeb-cm10.1

Thanks to SnowLeopardJB for helping get the fixes for this so far.

582635_4324303400158_689779138_n.jpg

Last edited:

MrZim4

Feb 28, 2011
Woah now, this post has been up for 15 minutes and no comments?
Does this require the n4 transformation .tot first?

Edit: After flashing I am not able to boot..Going to test again in a minute just to make sure.

Last edited:

ChefAnt

Mar 26, 2012
Milwaukee
Thanks sk8!! Seems like everything other than what you mentioned is working :) And who said the LGOG has crappy development?

HyDRo1X

Jan 2, 2012
Costa Mesa
So is this a rom? If so doesn't it belong in original android development? And what's the n4 conversion and is there a thread for it? Link?

Thrown up by my LG Optimus G, why you jelly at my superior phone?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Never mind on the n4 conversion

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Matter a fact forget the whole thing, I read the other threads like we all should be doing and I got all my answers lol

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
So is this a rom? If so doesn't it belong in original android development? And what's the n4 conversion and is there a thread for it? Link?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Never mind on the n4 conversion

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Matter a fact forget the whole thing, I read the other threads like we all should be doing and I got all my answers lol

Its not in original because I didn't create it. I merely kanged some stuff. I'm in the process of compiling a dedicated ROM from source

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

d11dog11

Apr 15, 2008
Lte still not working. And yes I did switch to the att lte APN. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Another update. If you change the bearer from unspecified to LTE it won't even stay on that APN. It tries to connect then goes back to the top WAP.cingular one. Hope this helps solve.

d11dog11

Apr 15, 2008
You need to go into the dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#* and then go to phone and make sure you have LTE/GSM/ CDMA selected in the bottom drop down menu.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Bottom menu then select radio band? I have no choices in that menu.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Found the setting and....... Bam. Nexus 4 with lte. Thank you so much for the helped

Reactions: DeathmonkeyGTX

MrZim4

Feb 28, 2011
Just thinking, maybe we could get these edits into a small .zip that way we could have something like the inspiremod for the HTC Inspire using Desire HD roms?

d11dog11

Apr 15, 2008
Just thinking, maybe we could get these edits into a small .zip that way we could have something like the inspiremod for the HTC Inspire using Desire HD roms?

I imagine its coming. This all just came out yesterday. Since more or less all of the n4 ROMs are based on the same source it should be easy to make a zip to fix any ROM. I'm just excited to have cm10.1 on my OG!!

ph0dacbeit

Feb 27, 2011
Minneapolis
Do the capacitive buttons on the phone work? Also would someone be so kind to link me to a working recovery after the n4 conversion. Thank you so much.

MrZim4

Feb 28, 2011
I imagine its coming. This all just came out yesterday. Since more or less all of the n4 ROMs are based on the same source it should be easy to make a zip to fix any ROM. I'm just excited to have cm10.1 on my OG!!

Well I figured it couldn't be too much so I'm digging through this zip and the n4 cm10.1 zip with the same build date to find the differences and hopefully be able to make a little mod pack..Except I think I'd would be a little to scared to test it. I'm more willing to test a real dev's work than my own

d11dog11

Apr 15, 2008
Do the capacitive buttons on the phone work? Also would someone be so kind to link me to a working recovery after the n4 conversion. Thank you so much.

No cap buttons. For recovery look in the nexus 4 dev forums. I used fast boot to flash cwm then once in cm10.1 i used goo manager to install newest twrp.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you need to do the n4 conversion first.

ok so i compiled a cm10.1 rom from source. your phone will now be recognized as an Optimus G and not a Nexus 4. I will be working on fixing NFC, storage issues and cap buttons. I wanted to get a working source tree for our phone first.

download here: http://d-h.st/U7f

not working:
    - only uses 8gb of sdcard
    - no external sd
    - nfc
    - HDMI out (MHL)

Source:
    https://github.com/sk8erwitskil/vendor_lge_geeb-cm10.1
    https://github.com/sk8erwitskil/kernel_lge_geeb-cm10.1
    https://github.com/sk8erwitskil/device_lge_geeb-cm10.1

Thanks to SnowLeopardJB for helping get the fixes for this so far.

582635_4324303400158_689779138_n.jpg
    ok i built a straight from source rom instead of this kanged one. ill update the OP once i do a few tweaks.

this rom will not have any extra fixes. i just wanted to get a working device tree that, when compiled, already has the fixes we have in them.

now that i have a working device tree to go off of i can start working on other issues.
    can you someone tell me if the capacitive buttons are working now on the n4 conversion? And SD card visibility?

the n4 conversion roms arent really being worked on anymore. there will by aosp roms out soon that dont need any sort of conversion. its being worked on now :)
    No cap buttons. For recovery look in the nexus 4 dev forums. I used fast boot to flash cwm then once in cm10.1 i used goo manager to install newest twrp.

use the same recovery you had for the optimus g. that way you can still access your external sdcard in recovery. if you use a nexus 4 recovery you will not have access to your external sdcard. use an optimus g recovery. it works perfect.
    Just letting you guys know that I've been on the Paranoid Android Jan 18 build all day, the one with PIE controls, and it's been working perfect!

Didn't flash any fixes at all. GPS works, wifi works fine, and LTE is working :cool: (just added the PTA apn and turned on LTE in that secret menu).

The only problems are the previous stated: volume buttons flipped, 8gb space, and no sd card access. I should note that the rom won't flash with the LG OG recovery, I had to use the Nexus 4 CWM.

Edit: Meant to post this in the N4 Conversion thread, sorry!

I'm going to fix the lg og recovery to be able to install nexus 4 Roms without having to edit the updater-script

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app