Bootanimation??? bootsamsung.qmg

Search This thread

kkm883

Jul 12, 2009
Zürich
hello,

how can I many jpg or png convert to bootsamsung.qmg???

Standart Boot animation of Galaxy:
rapidshare**com/files/405635988/bootsamsung.qmg

Swisscom Boot for Galaxy:
rapidshare**com/files/405636667/bootsamsung.qmg._____kkm

but how can I convert to qmg then upload to /system/media/bootsamsung.qmg

plz answer thank..

zash1

Oct 11, 2011
samsung qmg files. convert to .qmg

http://innovator.samsungmobile.com/down/cnts/toolSDK.detail.view.do?platformId=13&cntsId=9572&listReturnUrl=http%3A%2F%2Finnovator.samsungmobile.com%3A80%2Fdown%2Fcnts%2FtoolSDK.list.do%3FplatformId%3D13

this is what I found on the samsung website. looks like they have released a qmg tool to me. I will explore this more. as for my self, NONE, absolutely NONE of what I have tried and what others have suggested has worked for me to replace my samsung bootanimation. I am hopefull this tool will be the trick.
I read this tool creates qmg file but will not read them.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

if someone can just find out where in phone it tells it to only look for qmg file for boot animation and over look any other file extentions then maybe the issue will no longer be a chore...:)

*******as of 10/21/2011 I give up on the bootanimation for samsung fascinate...spent too much time on this for nothing.

Last edited:

puppettestpilot

Nov 8, 2010
Brisbane, Queensland
Galaxy Tab 8.9 4G GT-P7320T

Hi,

I too have had no luck with finding info about editing .qmg files, as far as I can tell the only option is to swap them.

After much swapping with poor results because the files I found were for phones not tables..
I found that I could copy the second part of the bootanimation bootsamsungloop.qmg
and rename it to bootsamsung.qmg to replaced the first part of the bootanimation
so that instead of an ugly orange Telstra swirly logo and then the Samsung logo, it was just the Samsung logo.
Then I did the same for shutdown.qmg to get rid of the orange Telstra swirl on shutdown.

bootanimation part 1 = /sustem/media/bootsamsung.qmg <--telstra logo
bootanimation part 1 = /sustem/media/bootsamsungloop.qmg <--samsung logo
shutdown animation. = /sustem/media/video/shutdown/shutdown.qmg <--telstra logo

While I couldn't get rid of the Samsung logo at least I was able to get rid of the Telstra logo.

Also, you could try no boot or shutdown animation, just rename the above .qmg files to old.qmg
With no bootanimation its just a blank screen, and without a shutdown animation the desktop is displayed until the device turns off.

Hope that helps :)

Puppet

Oct 21, 2012
mumbai
adf.ly
hello

hey i have found these 2 files libQmageDecoder.so and libquramimagecodec.so (attached link )
in my p3100 (galaxy tab 2 7.0) they are located in the system/lib . hope we can use these to decode the qmg files

Attachments

• Qmagelibs.zip
    279.4 KB · Views: 781

xessus

Feb 23, 2013
Guadalajara
Reactions: xcrazydx

deanthomas2207

Jul 3, 2013
QMG Bootanimation

I copied the default (.qmg) bootanimation from my phone to my pc. Can I use that (.qmg) bootanimation on a custom rom ?

Top Liked Posts