iContact 0.6 update + source code

Search This thread

Dr J

Mar 27, 2007
Ayrshire
any devs had a look into the code yet? i've been following iContact for a good while now and am anxious to see where this is gonna go.

i personally think the prog doesn't need much done to it at all, aside from adding more choices. choices rather than imposing needless bloating features just for the sake of it.

anyways, you're all a good bunch, much respect and keep up the good work (just don't f this up cos it's a lovely little app!) :cool:

wapvirus

Jan 24, 2008
London
willtay Have you a contact that begins with Q i would say not and that's why you can't find Q lol add the queen to your contacts and Q will be in the Grid

jrinco11

Jul 7, 2005
hey ya'll, so i wanted to check on the code to start messing with it, but upon opening the vcproj (vs2005), i get:

The following error has occurred during XML parsing:

-----------------------
File: C:\Documents and Settings\maki\Desktop\iContact_v0.6_source\iContact\iContact.vcproj
Line: 9
Column: 2
Error Message:
'9,00' violates enumeration constraint of '7.00 7,00 7.10 7,10 8.00 8,00'.
The attribute 'Version' with value '9,00' failed to parse.

The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\maki\Desktop\iContact_v0.6_source\iContact\iContact.vcproj' has failed to load.

---------------------

any suggestions? i don't think it's an issue of it being an 08 proj as opposed to 05, and therefore not converting .... or is it?

JueLue

Jul 9, 2007
Here is the installer cab with right soft key mapped to iContact

I installed the cab version, but when i press the soft key, there's an error saying it can't open the file icontac because is not signed with a trusted certificate.
but i can open it if i go to menu programs then icontact..it opens!!

I think it has something to do with me running a german PPC.

Program -files are stored in "/Programme", not in "/Program Files".

How can I patch it? I tried the reg-Key "Today/Keys/113" but it just works to the next soft-reset. After that it seems to be overwritten by your settings.

JueLue

Edit:
Found it out myself:), will perhaps help s.o. else:

I changed
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS Changed String "1" value from "\Program Files\iContact.exe" to "\Programme\iContact.exe"

Last edited:

YaTwice

Jul 7, 2007
hey ya'll, so i wanted to check on the code to start messing with it, but upon opening the vcproj (vs2005), i get:

The following error has occurred during XML parsing:

-----------------------
File: C:\Documents and Settings\maki\Desktop\iContact_v0.6_source\iContact\iContact.vcproj
Line: 9
Column: 2
Error Message:
'9,00' violates enumeration constraint of '7.00 7,00 7.10 7,10 8.00 8,00'.
The attribute 'Version' with value '9,00' failed to parse.

The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\maki\Desktop\iContact_v0.6_source\iContact\iContact.vcproj' has failed to load.

---------------------

any suggestions? i don't think it's an issue of it being an 08 proj as opposed to 05, and therefore not converting .... or is it?

Microsoft doesn't like backward compatibility, even when the file structure is the same.
VS08 files CAN be opened in VS05, but you have to modify the version numbers.

Open the .sln file with a notepad and change:

Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 10.00
to
Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 9.00

open the .vcproj file with notepad and change:

Version="9,00"
to
Version="8,00"

Opens with VS 2005 then, no problem.

Last edited:

sercontri

Apr 28, 2006
hi,
Primarily excuse my English. Just wanted to know if there is possibility of restructuring iContact v03 because it is the version I like best pq not eat anything and is the perfect added to the system as improvement. The question of restructuring is because I have noticed that when you have many many contacts not showing all. Only the first letter draws omitting everything else and also is malfunctioning. If someone could fix this for the old version would be great. For my taste lo unico que le faltaria to this version (v03) would be the photo next to the name on the list and that when seleccionaras enter into details operating system like this today.

A greeting to all.

Last edited:

mr.incredible

May 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
iContacts ROCKS!

I've been using it for a couple weeks now. Fast, and scrolls nice. (unless I'm thinking about the new scrolling feature of wm6.1) Anyway, I love it. I was looking for a way to integrate it with smartskey in the phone app. I found on a thread talking about RandomAccess (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=339507&highlight=smartskey) that with a simple edit of the registry you can make iContact your default contact manager. Make sure after you edit you give the registry plenty of time to write before doing the soft reset. It works fine on my Wizard, but your mileage may vary.

Make a backup of your registry or at least the MSCONTACTS key before you edit. Edit at your own risk, yada, yada, yada...

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS]
"0"="Contacts"
"1"="iContact.exe"

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
i'm running this on my Wizard.. and it's a wonderful application.. certainly much more comfortable than the regular WM contacts but only to people who use touch scrolling. when you scroll down using the D-PAD if you scroll continously it'll stick to the same screen and run the same contacts over and over again without flipping to the next page.. maybe that's something to change.. i prefer using the D-PAD to scroll thru my contacts.. i assume im not the only one.

thank you larna :) wonderful work

T

Taninpv

Can anyone help I can't find the "Q" button

LOL...I installed this for almost 2 weeks, and after I read your post. I realized that missing buttons for Q, X and Y. I may not use X, but I do have friends with Y...Yolanda, Yvonne. For Q, my friends..Quang(vietnamese).

Any fix for to replace these yet?

wearefree

Oct 10, 2007
i'm running this on my Wizard.. and it's a wonderful application.. certainly much more comfortable than the regular WM contacts but only to people who use touch scrolling. when you scroll down using the D-PAD if you scroll continously it'll stick to the same screen and run the same contacts over and over again without flipping to the next page.. maybe that's something to change.. i prefer using the D-PAD to scroll thru my contacts.. i assume im not the only one.

D-pad works on my tmobile wing (with open touch v3 lite).

LOL...I installed this for almost 2 weeks, and after I read your post. I realized that missing buttons for Q, X and Y. I may not use X, but I do have friends with Y...Yolanda, Yvonne. For Q, my friends..Quang(vietnamese).

Any fix for to replace these yet?

No problem with Q, X and Y. Only the letters that are not in the contact list are not showing up.

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
D-pad works on my tmobile wing (with open touch v3 lite).

No problem with Q, X and Y. Only the letters that are not in the contact list are not showing up.

yeah.. the D-PAD works.. but when you scroll without releasing it won't turn pages...

and you're right about QXY... the problem starts when you have 2 languages.. i have english and hebrew and not enough space for all the letters.

bowlopho

Feb 11, 2007
yeah.. the D-PAD works.. but when you scroll without releasing it won't turn pages...

and you're right about QXY... the problem starts when you have 2 languages.. i have english and hebrew and not enough space for all the letters.

um yeah it doesnt turn the page cause then you'll lose track on where you are. as you hit the bottom of the list, the next contact shoots up to the middle of the screen

lchabrot

Jun 28, 2007
Good evening,
Someone wants me to make a iContact with the blue background?

Please .... And continue like that, you are genials

Thank You

perasite

Sep 28, 2007
Yuma, AZ
www.perasite.com
Does someone have the time to go through this code and make the app skinnable? Being able to change colors would be great, but being able to do pics with transparency and all that would be even cooler.

kidnamedAlbert

Retired Moderator
Dec 30, 2007
Photoshop CS3
i hate to ask but can someone tell me how do i save the app so it can be read on my pocket pc. i opened icontact.cpp with visual studio and edited it a little bit but dont know how to save.
can someone help me?

NguyenHuu

Nov 14, 2007
California
whenever i close/exit the program, my favorites list also gets wiped. is there a way to make it stick so i dont have to keep going through and making the favorites evertime i load up the contact app/restart the phone?