[Q] Help CWM Recovery not working

Search This thread

RyanGN2

Mar 4, 2014
I have successfully installed Omni ROM with Android 4.4.2 to my Note 2 and I don't like it and want to go back to stock. Before installing the ROM I made a CWM recovery using version 6.0.4.3. When I boot the phone into restore I am able to restore everything but system data. When I try to restore system data I get a message that says .android_secure . img not found skipping restore. How do I fix this so I can have my phone back?

dicksteele

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
California
I have successfully installed Omni ROM with Android 4.4.2 to my Note 2 and I don't like it and want to go back to stock. Before installing the ROM I made a CWM recovery using version 6.0.4.3. When I boot the phone into restore I am able to restore everything but system data. When I try to restore system data I get a message that says .android_secure . img not found skipping restore. How do I fix this so I can have my phone back?

Did your restore boot?

RyanGN2

Mar 4, 2014
Yes, I have restored boot. After I perform the restore everything seems to be normal during, but it gets stuck on the ATT screen during boot.

dicksteele

Sep 4, 2010
California
Yes, I have restored boot. After I perform the restore everything seems to be normal during, but it gets stuck on the ATT screen during boot.

Try this.

From Zen Arcade's [ROM][4.3][Dec-2013] AT&T I317-UCUBMK6/MJ4 *Stock* Rooted Odex/De-Odex/Odin thread

After flashing one of the stock packages, you may need to flash the MK6 tz.img and optionally the param.bin from the MJ4 leak. The zip below contains two Odin packages.

Try flashing the tz only package first (in Odin), then the tz+param package to see if this gets your phone to boot. You may also need to boot recovery and do a factory reset.

AT&T i317 ODIN 4.3 UCUBMK6 TZ.IMG & UCUBMJ4 (Leak) PARAM.BIN (AT&T Note 2 ONLY)
I317UCUBMK6-TZ-PARAM.zip
http://d-h.st/CDK

- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe

Download Link http://www.mediafire.com/download/77...x2/Odin307.zip

Unzip to where you can run it.

- Put your Note 2 in Download Mode

Entering download mode is very simple. First you will need to turn off your device. Once it’s off, you need to press this button combination: volume down, power button and home button. Keep them pressed until the download mode shows up. Once you’re there, you will be required to press volume up to enter the download mode or volume down to cancel and reboot the device.

Plug into a RELIABLE usb port and a RELIABLE usb cable (preferably the white Samsung cable) and wait for it to show up in Odin (COM5 or something like that)

Unzip the I317UCUBMK6-TZ-PARAM.zip file you downloaded

- Click the PDA slot in Odin and locate the I317UCUBMK6-TZ.tar.md5 that you downloaded and unzipped
The filename that goes into the PDA Slot is I317UCUBMK6-TZ.tar.md5

MAKE SURE IN THE OPTION AREA ONLY AUTO REBOOT AND F.RESET TIME ARE CHECKED!!!

- Click START and wait. It will complete and reboot.

Try flashing the tz only package first. See if it boots.

If not, repeat the above steps using I317UCUBMK6-TZ-PARAM.tar.md5.

You may also need to boot recovery and do a factory reset. Do this after second ODIN flash.

If your phone still hangs after second flash, pull the battery, and boot into recovery mode.Just hold down UP volume button and power button until recovery screen pops up.

Last edited:

RyanGN2

Mar 4, 2014
Ok, I did all of that perfectly and my phone is still booting with Omnirom. I want to put the phone back to stock. I understand that at this point the android_secure.img cant be fixed but before rooting I backed up with Kies so putting the phone back wont be hard. I want the stock rom back and unroot and be done with it.

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Ok, I did all of that perfectly and my phone is still booting with Omnirom. I want to put the phone back to stock. I understand that at this point the android_secure.img cant be fixed but before rooting I backed up with Kies so putting the phone back wont be hard. I want the stock rom back and unroot and be done with it.

Since you tried everything above and it didn't HELP..:confused:
I'm wondering have you tired the kies emergency firmware recover. I taught I screwed my phone up flashing a Odin file. Then the phone was stuck not doing anything. Couldn't boot up, nada.
But after running it thru that set up, the phone was back to completely stock...
Look HERE»»»http://goo.gl/J0P1ZX

Not sure if it'll help but worth a try right. It helped me when I was in need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

RyanGN2

Mar 4, 2014
I did not know kies had a recovery option as I rarely use it. I did find a CWM stock rom but it has 4.1.2 but its working and I going to try an OTA 4.3 update and see what happens. It looks like I will manually have to restore everything which I was hoping to avoid but I thank you for your help.

dicksteele

Sep 4, 2010
California
I did not know kies had a recovery option as I rarely use it. I did find a CWM stock rom but it has 4.1.2 but its working and I going to try an OTA 4.3 update and see what happens. It looks like I will manually have to restore everything which I was hoping to avoid but I thank you for your help.

I'm beyond lost of what you have done and where you're at.

Appears after doing the stuff in my post #4, your phone is booting past ATT screen ???? Understand it booted into OMNI, but at least it booted.
That's all I was trying to do was to get it past the ATT screen.

If I would have know you wanted to go back to stock 4.3, you could have done this....
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618447

You may still have too, if the OTA does not work from the CWM stock 4.1.2 ROM.

Whenever you flash ROMs rule of thumb is back up apps and anything else you want to save, with Titanium Backup or MyBackup, etc. etc. Then restore apps after new ROM is installed.
Doing a wipe/factory rest prevents residual crap from the previous ROM leftover.
Unless its an update to a ROM you already have running, and the OP says no worries, dirty flash.

69%+ of problems with ROM flashes is the flasher didn't follow instructions or half-a$$ed it and didn't wipe or factory reset.

I've been guilty of that also, so not trying to be combative or accusatory.

Good luck with OTA.

Last edited:
Reactions: RyanGN2

RyanGN2

Mar 4, 2014
When I did the steps in post #4 it never did anything it stayed in omnirom, which I have not had a problem getting to boot. It doesn't boot when I restore from my backup created before I installed Omni with CWM. I don't like Omni and I am tired of everything root. I'm a heavy jail breaker and thought I could do this however its more learning than I wanted and want to be done with root entirely. The OTA update did fail. Should I still use the 4.3 rom above or is there something else I should that will also remove root? I did backup apps with titanium and I also backed up everything with Kies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm beyond lost of what you have done and where you're at.

Appears after doing the stuff in my post #4, your phone is booting past ATT screen ???? Understand it booted into OMNI, but at least it booted.
    That's all I was trying to do was to get it past the ATT screen.

If I would have know you wanted to go back to stock 4.3, you could have done this....
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618447

You may still have too, if the OTA does not work from the CWM stock 4.1.2 ROM.

Whenever you flash ROMs rule of thumb is back up apps and anything else you want to save, with Titanium Backup or MyBackup, etc. etc. Then restore apps after new ROM is installed.
    Doing a wipe/factory rest prevents residual crap from the previous ROM leftover.
    Unless its an update to a ROM you already have running, and the OP says no worries, dirty flash.

69%+ of problems with ROM flashes is the flasher didn't follow instructions or half-a$$ed it and didn't wipe or factory reset.

I've been guilty of that also, so not trying to be combative or accusatory.

Good luck with OTA.