Just got the Spigen Clear Capsule for my M8.

Search This thread

Bumpredd

Nov 8, 2012
The fit is perfect, as with all of Spigen's products. The shape follows the curves of the phone well. There is an edge around the side that feels great in the hand. The front has a slight lip that keeps the screen safe when placed face down. The look is optically clear and flawless, it really shows off the aluminum. The feel is smooth and "sticky". This case won't be slipping out of your hand anytime soon. Pair this with a Spigen screen protector (I did) and your investment is safe.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

killerapl

Mar 5, 2011
The fit is perfect, as with all of Spigen's products. The shape follows the urges of the phone well. There is an edge around the side that feels great in the hand. The front has a slight lip that keeps the screen safe when placed face down. The look is optically clear and flawless, it really shows off the aluminum. The feel is smooth and "sticky". This case won't be slipping out of your hand anytime soon. Pair this with a Spigen screen protector (I did) and your investment is safe.

Link? Pictures?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Bumpredd

Nov 8, 2012

Attachments

• DSC02813.jpg
    DSC02813.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 2,301
  • DSC02814.jpg
    DSC02814.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 2,422
Reactions: Sckank

Bumpredd

Nov 8, 2012
Bought mine through Spigen the day the phone came out. Site still says mid-april but I guess they were being conservative.

skyline23

Oct 12, 2013
Saratoga
Bought mine through Spigen the day the phone came out. Site still says mid-april but I guess they were being conservative.

Hmm. I have on ordered from Amazon and i'm supposed to get it in a few days. Not sure I like that look. Does the phone feel substantially bigger?

Bumpredd

Nov 8, 2012
It's about 1/8" thick but it doesn't add that much size to the phone, it's already a heavy phone to begin with. I know there are thinner cases out there but for me, it's a good trade off for the quality and the protection it affords.

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
My case came in today as well. Love the look and this phone is phone is no longer slippery. Bestcase so far.

xPhantom

Apr 16, 2010
I have one of these on the way as well. I like that it's clear so I can still show off the beautiful gunmetal grey finish.

henderjr

I ordered one but now might return it. Going to be here in a day or two but now I want to add this qi wireless charging solution where you hide the receiver in a case. http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Univ...id=1396026021&sr=8-1&keywords=type+b+micro+qi Wonder if I could spray paint the wireless receiver to a gunmetal type color and if it would look ok in the clear case? Probably a dumb idea.

I do have the dot view case already that I think I could hide it in. Though I'm not sure I want to always use that case. It's neat but I think it's novelty will wear off and it'll get annoying. Anyway if you want to read more on wireless charging there's a thread in this forum.

Raech

Aug 7, 2010
Louisville
I went to order my Spigen a week or so ago (I had posted about them in this forum). When I tried to order from my wishlist on Amazon it said someone already ordered me two. I was thinking my Dad. He says he didn't. I am hoping it comes today, and it was not an amazon glitch. LOL.

hidea

Oct 28, 2007
Hong Kong
I just received mine.

Definitely a *very* Spigen product, consistent with their design philosophy.

Let's start with the con:
• Edges are rather sharp, it lacks that rounded edges. As a result, it feels like a fair bit of bulk is added.

And the pros:
• The TPU material is definitely the best out there; about 4-5x thicker on the back side than the average TPU cases, and about 2x thicker around the sides/bezel/lip.
• Fairly decent lay on the table on the front face, leaving an ample clearance between the screen and table surface if you're laying it screen facing down.
• Audio port and USB port have their own cut-outs, and they're nice and have ample enough opening for most (respective) accessories.
• Volume buttons and power buttons are covered, and they have a very satisfying tactile feel when pressed.
• Clear material, really shows the true colour of the M8's Gunmetal Grey. Some TPU cases cloudy clarity; but not the case with Spigen's. EDIT: Someone mentioned a tint of yellow of the rubber; I noticed it too; but I believe it heavily depends on the kind of light that hits the TPU material.
• Improves tact; texture on the TPU material adds grip.

Things to watch out for:
• As like most clear TPU, there might be discoloration overtime. We'll see how the Spigen's Ultra Fit Capsule fares in the long run.
• Spigen's other Ultra Fit products come with a screen protector. Wouldn't hurt for Spigen to bundle the Ultra Fit capsule with a screen protector.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the purchase! Spigen never disappoints. But having said that, I wish they'd curve the edges slightly.

7.5/10 (that sharp edges really hurt the score).

Last edited:
Reactions: magicalan

skyline23

Oct 12, 2013
Saratoga
My case came today as well, and it looks very sturdy. I hope the TPU doesn't turn yellow though! A good case for everyday use.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just received mine.

Definitely a *very* Spigen product, consistent with their design philosophy.

Let's start with the con:
    • Edges are rather sharp, it lacks that rounded edges. As a result, it feels like a fair bit of bulk is added.

And the pros:
    • The TPU material is definitely the best out there; about 4-5x thicker on the back side than the average TPU cases, and about 2x thicker around the sides/bezel/lip.
    • Fairly decent lay on the table on the front face, leaving an ample clearance between the screen and table surface if you're laying it screen facing down.
    • Audio port and USB port have their own cut-outs, and they're nice and have ample enough opening for most (respective) accessories.
    • Volume buttons and power buttons are covered, and they have a very satisfying tactile feel when pressed.
    • Clear material, really shows the true colour of the M8's Gunmetal Grey. Some TPU cases cloudy clarity; but not the case with Spigen's. EDIT: Someone mentioned a tint of yellow of the rubber; I noticed it too; but I believe it heavily depends on the kind of light that hits the TPU material.
    • Improves tact; texture on the TPU material adds grip.

Things to watch out for:
    • As like most clear TPU, there might be discoloration overtime. We'll see how the Spigen's Ultra Fit Capsule fares in the long run.
    • Spigen's other Ultra Fit products come with a screen protector. Wouldn't hurt for Spigen to bundle the Ultra Fit capsule with a screen protector.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the purchase! Spigen never disappoints. But having said that, I wish they'd curve the edges slightly.

7.5/10 (that sharp edges really hurt the score).