[Z][4.4.2]{LEAK} Sony KitKat Firmware: 10.5.A.0.227 (UnlockedBootloaders ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
so guys since the official KitKat firmware (10.5.A.0.230) is now released I will close this thread!

hope you enjoyed the leak!

here is the rooting kernel for the latest KitKat firmware:
CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.4.6 + ROOT for Xperia Z {KitKat Support!}

BoLAitNIUAAr6Ou.png:small

hope you like my work!!

enjoy!

regards,

DooMLoRD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ info ]

Hello friends,

so after the sneak peak, i present to you leaked Sony 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware 10.5.A.0.227 for the Xperia Z (C6602/C6603)...

this firmware was ment for developer (brown) devices but i was able to get it to boot on production devices...

THIS IS FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS ONLY!

[ NOTICE ]

PLEASE TAKE A BACKUP ON EXTERNAL SDCARD BEFORE TESTING THIS ROM!!!

since this is an internal testing firmware, do not expect to see the same features on the official final release... some things could be added while others removed...

the firmware is still very laggy, i am sure the final release will be much better!

[ screenshots ]

[ WARNING ]

PLEASE DO NOT CROSSFLASH THIS ROM+KERNEL... this is ment only for C6602/C6603 (Xperia Z)... please do not flash it on ZL/Tablet Z/etc....

1. THIS IS AN LEAKED ROM AND NOT THE FINAL RELEASE VERSION

2. FEW THINGS ARE EXPECTED NOT TO WORK

3. THIS IS POSTED JUST SO THAT USERS CAN ENJOY THE UPCOMING FEATURES AND OTHER DEVS CAN HELP IN FIXING THE ISSUES

4. MORE THINGS WILL FOLLOW AS AND WHEN I/OTHERS CAN GET THEM TO WORK

5. DO NOT ASK FOR FURTHER UPDATES/ETA OF OFFICIAL RELEASE

please backup all data, including internal SDCARD data before flashing this ROM

[ why has this been posted? ]

many devs can use the libs to improve existing/work-in-progress ROMs...

many themers can start porting to ROMs/devices...

many users will get a feel of whats in store for the JB update...

[ features ]

1. Easy to flash update.zip via recovery
  2. Prerooted and busybox installed
  3. working CWM recovery is included in kernel
    [ To enter recovery keep pressing VOLUME UP button AFTER u see the "PINK" LED at bootup (Sony logo) ]
  4. usb debugging enabled

[ whats not working? ]

you tell me!

please report other things as and when you find them

[ requirements ]

• unlocked bootloader
  • previously on stock .101 JB (4.3) ROM or roms based on that [since some components of THIS rom contain files from those firmwares]
  • supplied ROM
  • any existing kernel with recovery
    OR
    just extract the boot.img (contains inbuilt recovery) from the ROM i have uploaded and flash it using fastboot

[ how to install ]

1. download the ROM and save it on SDCARD
  2. reboot device into recovery
  3. flash the ROMs update.zip (this will take some time)
  4. I RECOMMEND THAT YOU WIPE /cache WHILE IN RECOVERY!
  5. thats it now reboot device
  6. at first boot device the NFC firmware will get updated wait for process to be completed
  7. after a few reboots the ROM should stabilize!
  8. enjoy!

[ hot tip to reduce LAG!!! ]

Go to Developer Optioms in Settings menu (if this option isnot visible go to About Phone and keep tapping ~7 times on the Build Number, this will unlock Developer Options)
Disable all animations and select Force GPU render (check attached screenshot for reference)
Restart phone
The interface will become a lot smoother now!

attachment.php

Thanks to all those who sent this tip!!

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

OR

you can buy one of my awesome apps from Play Store!

PLEASE DO CONSIDER DONATING AS I AM RAISING FUNDS TO BUY A NEW DEVICE Xperia Z2 (Sirius)

[ download link ]

kindly DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES!!!

Z-4.4.2_leak_227-DooMLoRD.zip (MIRROR1) (MIRROR2)
MD5HASH: 54f0dff03a86329f9e89209f6d629a3e { 930.28 MB }

i understand that everyone is really happy about this but please dont flood this thread with "thank you" posts... there is a "Thanks" button, use that... and there is always an option to donate or buy one of my awesome apps from Google Play Store! :angel:

READ THE FULL THREAD BEFORE ASKING ANY QUERIES OR REPORTING ANY BUGS/ISSUES

icon8.gif

ENJOY!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-27-10-49-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-27-10-49-45.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 72,920
Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Last edited:

elias234

Dec 3, 2011
instead of getting every thing copied from my external sd card to pc , can i just remove the sd card and then flash rom
and u said to backup internal , are u sure when flashing it will wipe my internal ??

i think this have to be posted to xda portal

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
instead of getting every thing copied from my external sd card to pc , can i just remove the sd card and then flash rom
and u said to backup internal , are u sure when flashing it will wipe my internal ??

i think this have to be posted to xda portal

well when i tested i didnt even backup anything :p and it worked without wiping /data partition...

though i would highly recommend backing up your existing ROM on EXTERNAL SDCARD...

Reactions: esps

Haldi4803

well when i tested i didnt even backup anything :p and it worked without wiping /data partition...

though i would highly recommend backing up your existing ROM on EXTERNAL SDCARD...

Thx a lot ! so Screenshots and Pictures made on the internal SD card are(might be!) safe. thx.

P.S Backup of current ROM is for *******! Google Backup saves the Contacts, and all eles is unimportant xD

kamalmawa

Sep 24, 2010
Melbourne
little warning guys: You must do a full wipe if you planning to go back to 4.3 ROMs So do backups before flashing this

Quick Feedback on ROM:
  • As DoomLords mentioned it's bit laggy specially when you pulling down status bar drop down menu.
  • Nothing really special compares to custom ROM such as eXistenZ which already implemented most of the UI changes. But if you coming from a stock ROM you will notice the changes.
  • Camera quality in superio auto in low light still looks the same.

elias234

Dec 3, 2011
is this laggy as hell like when playing an online game with ping = 2000 ms
or it can be lived with ?

Sonic5317

Oct 20, 2011
Manchester
Running this right now on my Xperia Z UK Generic with no problems apart from a bit of flickering just before the 'Xperia' logo on boot. The rom itself seems to run smoothly! It has working 4.4 transparency on Nova Launcher which did not work on 4.3 but did on 4.2 and many other 4.3 bugs have been patched...its looking really promising :)

Thank you for this demo version @DooMLoRD I can't wait for release :)

GYSCnoe

Last edited:

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
little warning guys: You must do a full wipe if you planning to go back to 4.3 ROMs So do backups before flashing this

Quick Feedback on ROM:
  • As DoomLords mentioned it's bit laggy specially when you pulling down status bar drop down menu.
  • Nothing really special compares to custom ROM such as eXistenZ which already implemented most of the UI changes. But if you coming from a stock ROM you will notice the changes.
  • Camera quality in superio auto in low light still looks the same.

So aesthetically existenz V7 and this firmware looks the same and performance wise existenz is miles ahead?

iKillCypher

Jul 28, 2012
Going to skip this, going wait for the final release of it.. Looking from the screenshot it there seems to be some cosmetic changes no idea what they did internally hopefully something nice will surprise us all in the final release :)

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so guys since the official KitKat firmware (10.5.A.0.230) is now released I will close this thread!

hope you like my work!!

enjoy!

regards,

DooMLoRD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ info ]

Hello friends,

so after the sneak peak, i present to you leaked Sony 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware 10.5.A.0.227 for the Xperia Z (C6602/C6603)...

this firmware was ment for developer (brown) devices but i was able to get it to boot on production devices...

THIS IS FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS ONLY!

[ NOTICE ]

PLEASE TAKE A BACKUP ON EXTERNAL SDCARD BEFORE TESTING THIS ROM!!!

since this is an internal testing firmware, do not expect to see the same features on the official final release... some things could be added while others removed...

the firmware is still very laggy, i am sure the final release will be much better!

[ screenshots ]

[ WARNING ]

PLEASE DO NOT CROSSFLASH THIS ROM+KERNEL... this is ment only for C6602/C6603 (Xperia Z)... please do not flash it on ZL/Tablet Z/etc....

1. THIS IS AN LEAKED ROM AND NOT THE FINAL RELEASE VERSION

2. FEW THINGS ARE EXPECTED NOT TO WORK

3. THIS IS POSTED JUST SO THAT USERS CAN ENJOY THE UPCOMING FEATURES AND OTHER DEVS CAN HELP IN FIXING THE ISSUES

4. MORE THINGS WILL FOLLOW AS AND WHEN I/OTHERS CAN GET THEM TO WORK

5. DO NOT ASK FOR FURTHER UPDATES/ETA OF OFFICIAL RELEASE

please backup all data, including internal SDCARD data before flashing this ROM

[ why has this been posted? ]

many devs can use the libs to improve existing/work-in-progress ROMs...

many themers can start porting to ROMs/devices...

many users will get a feel of whats in store for the JB update...

[ features ]

1. Easy to flash update.zip via recovery
    2. Prerooted and busybox installed
    3. working CWM recovery is included in kernel
      [ To enter recovery keep pressing VOLUME UP button AFTER u see the "PINK" LED at bootup (Sony logo) ]
    4. usb debugging enabled

[ whats not working? ]

you tell me!

please report other things as and when you find them

[ requirements ]

• unlocked bootloader
    • previously on stock .101 JB (4.3) ROM or roms based on that [since some components of THIS rom contain files from those firmwares]
    • supplied ROM
    • any existing kernel with recovery
      OR
      just extract the boot.img (contains inbuilt recovery) from the ROM i have uploaded and flash it using fastboot

[ how to install ]

1. download the ROM and save it on SDCARD
    2. reboot device into recovery
    3. flash the ROMs update.zip (this will take some time)
    4. I RECOMMEND THAT YOU WIPE /cache WHILE IN RECOVERY!
    5. thats it now reboot device
    6. at first boot device the NFC firmware will get updated wait for process to be completed
    7. after a few reboots the ROM should stabilize!
    8. enjoy!

[ hot tip to reduce LAG!!! ]

Go to Developer Optioms in Settings menu (if this option isnot visible go to About Phone and keep tapping ~7 times on the Build Number, this will unlock Developer Options)
    Disable all animations and select Force GPU render (check attached screenshot for reference)
    Restart phone
    The interface will become a lot smoother now!

attachment.php

Thanks to all those who sent this tip!!

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

OR

you can buy one of my awesome apps from Play Store!

PLEASE DO CONSIDER DONATING AS I AM RAISING FUNDS TO BUY A NEW DEVICE Xperia Z2 (Sirius)

[ download link ]

kindly DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES!!!

Z-4.4.2_leak_227-DooMLoRD.zip (MIRROR1) (MIRROR2)
    MD5HASH: 54f0dff03a86329f9e89209f6d629a3e { 930.28 MB }

i understand that everyone is really happy about this but please dont flood this thread with "thank you" posts... there is a "Thanks" button, use that... and there is always an option to donate or buy one of my awesome apps from Google Play Store! :angel:

READ THE FULL THREAD BEFORE ASKING ANY QUERIES OR REPORTING ANY BUGS/ISSUES

icon8.gif

ENJOY!!!

hope you like my work!!

enjoy!

regards,

DooMLoRD
    The universe as we know it will cease to exist. Or you could brick your device. Both very bad.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    FIX FOR LAG! (services.jar modded to disable signature verification)

I found out the reason why settings lag, if you use apktool to decompile settings.apk, you will find out that in manifest.xml, hardware acceleration is disabled.

I've added superuser mod to the services.jar in system/framework and modified the settings.apk to enable hardware acceleration.

Download links (only of deodexed roms!)

services.jar (replace this in system/framework)

Settings.apk (replace this in system/priv-app)
    @DooMLoRD

Thanks for this, hope you don't mind, I've created an update for those who want to convert it to deodexed:
    Download
    MD5: 53b2239c9db9ea5a80cc2464343d5738

Just flash via recovery, no issues so far from what little testing I have done

Please don't mirror this as this will ONLY work on DooMLoRD's release.