[Q] HELP regarding lenovo p780 network.

Search This thread

chandy786

May 8, 2014
Hi everyone,
This is my first post/question on this awesome community. I have a lenovo p780 8gb, the phone was working absolutely fine until yesterday. Now I am not getting any signal coverage whether it be 2g or 3g, I didn't do anything to the phone, no root, no physical damage etc. I tried searching for a solution but all effort in vain. I checked with different sim cards, tried the factory reset but the signal never came. I also tried to upgrade the firmware but after downloading the update data of 11gb the phone entered recovery mode and the update failed. I will post the complete error message if any one asks. Please help, it's very very annoying. :crying::crying::crying:
thanks

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
Hi everyone,
This is my first post/question on this awesome community. I have a lenovo p780 8gb, the phone was working absolutely fine until yesterday. Now I am not getting any signal coverage whether it be 2g or 3g, I didn't do anything to the phone, no root, no physical damage etc. I tried searching for a solution but all effort in vain. I checked with different sim cards, tried the factory reset but the signal never came. I also tried to upgrade the firmware but after downloading the update data of 11gb the phone entered recovery mode and the update failed. I will post the complete error message if any one asks. Please help, it's very very annoying. :crying::crying::crying:
thanks

Hi. You must tell us more about your phone. Like: are you in custom ROM? Your ROM is ROW or Chinese? Do you have Custom Recovery or Stock? Have you moved in anorher region then where you tested the phone, because the modem would not recognize the network type?
Ohh... And 11gb of update for your phone does not exist. Max 1gb in custom ROMS.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: chandy786

chandy786

May 8, 2014
Hi. You must tell us more about your phone. Like: are you in custom ROM? Your ROM is ROW or Chinese? Do you have Custom Recovery or Stock? Have you moved in anorher region then where you tested the phone, because the modem would not recognize the network type?
Ohh... And 11gb of update for your phone does not exist. Max 1gb in custom ROMS.

Hi thank you so much for replying, As to answer your question everything is stock, the rom, recovery etc. My rom is ROW. I didn't change my region, the signals just went missing without any reason. I am sorry about writing 11gb update I wanted to write 11mb. I havent rooted my phone and havent tinkered with it in any way. The phone is 3 months old. Also the phone is showing a system update of 11mb but when I download it and enter into recovery to apply it the installation aborts. I really have no idea what is happening. It's really frustrating. If you have any questions please let me know.
thanks

Last edited:

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
Hi thank you so much for replying, As to answer your question everything is stock, the rom, recovery etc. My rom is ROW. I didn't change my region, the signals just went missing without any reason. I am sorry about writing 11gb update I wanted to write 11mb. I havent rooted my phone and havent tinkered with it in any way. The phone is 3 months old. Also the phone is showing a system update of 11mb but when I download it and enter into recovery to apply it the installation aborts. I really have no idea what is happening. It's really frustrating. If you have any questions please let me know.
thanks

This is realy strange indeed. I think your phone is in warranty time? Iff your phone is not rooted we cannot do mutch! Maybe you should go to a local service store.

chandy786

May 8, 2014
Yeah it is, if you have any kind of solution then I can root my phone. I tried to install a different modem but the installation aborts without giving any kind of error message.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using XDA Free mobile app

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
Yeah it is, if you have any kind of solution then I can root my phone. I tried to install a different modem but the installation aborts without giving any kind of error message.

Yes. Because your phone doe not have a custom recovery.
To root your phone you can use Framaroot but you are going to lose your warranty and this is not good.
After that you can install a custom recovery with mobileuncle tools and then you can patch a new modem.

chandy786

May 8, 2014
OK , can you share a link about how to install custom recovery in lenovo p780, and a list of few modems. It will be really nice of you. Thanks

Last edited:

chandy786

May 8, 2014
My question is while installing a new modem do we have to copy only the modem file or the whole. Zip package which includes firmware, mddb etc?

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
My question is while installing a new modem do we have to copy only the modem file or the whole. Zip package which includes firmware, mddb etc?

This zip file must be installed from custom recovery like TWRP or CWM.
Iff you doit manualy, must copy the modem files and the set permissions! after that reboot the phone.

Reactions: chandy786

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,
    thanks

This zip file must be installed from custom recovery like TWRP or CWM.
    Iff you doit manualy, must copy the modem files and the set permissions! after that reboot the phone.