Problems with Freedom (I-AP purchases)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

drizzy_Drake

May 25, 2014
So I just rooted my M8 and one of the main reasons I rooted was for Freedom, which is the free In-App purchase app (I'm sure you knew that). Anyways, I can't get it to work and I really think it's a HTC One (M8) issue, because in YouTube comments and everything, I've seen a lot of people say they have a problem with using it on this phone. I've tried several Google Play Store unlockers, I've done the little trick where you change the time zone to Moscow and no matter what I try, It won't work:(:confused: Now, I either one of two scenarios each time. It either crashes my phone and forces a reboot, or it'll lose connection to the Google Play store. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the root didn't come with Busybox (I can't get that to install, flashed or apk, either) and I don't have S-OFF. But if anyone has any idea whats going on, or has a M8 that has Freedom working on it, I'd love anyone's help and input. Thanks!!

jonathan413

Apr 3, 2010
On the website it specifically says you need root and S-off for HTC devices.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: drizzy_Drake

jonathan413

Apr 3, 2010
Well... That's what I get for not paying attention. But I tried obtaining S-OFF with Firewater, and it didn't work.. I kept getting the "welp" text after the first bottle or whatever

Yeah it sucks. Looks like firewater is outdated. The only way to achieve s-off is by downloading an application called SUNSHINE. It unlocks your boot loader and gives you s-off. But the catch is that it costs $25. Its the only method at the moment unfortunately.

drizzy_Drake

May 25, 2014
Yeah it sucks. Looks like firewater is outdated. The only way to achieve s-off is by downloading an application called SUNSHINE. It unlocks your boot loader and gives you s-off. But the catch is that it costs $25. Its the only method at the moment unfortunately.

What the hell.:mad: I remember rooting my HTC Inspire, and the root came with everything. Even busybox. Now they're making you pay $25 for S-OFF?? Gaw. Well... maybe something else will come up. I'm sure it's worth the money somehow, but I'm not gunna drop $25 dollars for it.

jonathan413

Apr 3, 2010
What the hell.:mad: I remember rooting my HTC Inspire, and the root came with everything. Even busybox. Now they're making you pay $25 for S-OFF?? Gaw. Well... maybe something else will come up. I'm sure it's worth the money somehow, but I'm not gunna drop $25 dollars for it.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've never seen that before but I mean from what I hear it's worth the money but still to me it's a high price tag. Something like $10 is more reasonable to me but that's just my opinion. I've been dying for s-off but can't justify $25 lol

drizzy_Drake

May 25, 2014
Yeah I know what you mean. I've never seen that before but I mean from what I hear it's worth the money but still to me it's a high price tag. Something like $10 is more reasonable to me but that's just my opinion. I've been dying for s-off but can't justify $25 lol

Maybe Firewater devs will step up and update or something, because I'm sure a lot of people are thinking the same thing you just said. $25 is a little much

jonathan413

Apr 3, 2010
Maybe Firewater devs will step up and update or something, because I'm sure a lot of people are thinking the same thing you just said. $25 is a little much

Maybe who knows. I know there are still a bunch of people paying for it so it might be awhile.

drizzy_Drake

May 25, 2014
Maybe who knows. I know there are still a bunch of people paying for it so it might be awhile.

I have another question if you could answer this.. All of these people are flashing Roms and then obtaining S-OFF, I just unlocked boot loader and rooted stock ROM. And I really, really don't want to flash another ROM because I've literally spent all day redownloading apps and setting everything back up to how it was. Do I have to flash a new ROM for S-OFF? Or can I just do it how it is now? Like I said, it's a rooted stock ROM. CWM installed, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On the website it specifically says you need root and S-off for HTC devices.