Modern combat 2... Force close!... I have a fix!!!

Search This thread

b4d5h0t

Apr 27, 2011
This is a tip i just found for modern combat 2 on the xperia play.., this is using a genuine copy of modern combat 2 on a stock xperia play ...

I bought the game this morning went to play it and all i got was FORCE CLOSE (process com.gameloft.android.GAND.GloftBPHP.ML) GRRRRRRR! So after trawling through google for 30mins i found some dude who had a way to get it working...

1..open the game with pad slid in (in the apps menu) it might work with the pad slid out too
2.. then youll get force close blah blah blah...click close or ok or whatever
3.. now hold on your home key so recent apps appear on screen
4.. now click modern combat 2 in recent apps and it works!!! :)

hope this helps somebody cos i was pissed off when mine didnt work, thanks goto some dude on a random forum i tripped up on.

if this is old news delete this thread BUT if its useful to ya, gimme a HELL YEAH!!!

watever

Sep 27, 2010
Planet Earth
hell yeah? its a pretty inexcusable workaround to a problem that shouldn't exist. after paying for something that was supposed to be tailor made to my device i expect it to work properly without having to resort to some bogus workaround.

plan to be more careful when purchasing gameloft games in the future because the response they gave me was more of the same, and that is just weak IMHO.

b4d5h0t

Apr 27, 2011
yeah i agree it should work without the need of this, but itll do for me till they have a proper fix, maybe theyll patch the game. it might be my end because i installed some bogus versions of the game first that i later uninstalled but maybe they might have upset it abit lol...

anyway man just done 30mins multiplayer on capture the flag with about 8-10 in the server and was surprised how good it was, oh i had to register via my laptop with gameloft live cos trying to register in the game caused FORCE CLOSE again, but once registered u can log in and it all works good

see u on the battlefield soldiers ill stab u all in the boob :)

Reactions: StellarWiid

jkr284

Mar 3, 2008
Worksop
I had this problem, i kicked up a fuss and gameloft gave me an extra game for free!

Sent from my R800i using XDA Premium App

ozzo96

May 4, 2011
I had the same problem and this does works (HI5!) however I agree that its not acceptable on the part of Gameloft. This game was advertised on this device and it was in the Xperia Play app, clearly its just a minor bug that could have caused havoc, and I have also told Gameloft what I think (hopefully a free game!).

Hopefully I will see you guys playing online.

Dec 30, 2010
This is a tip i just found for modern combat 2 on the xperia play.., this is using a genuine copy of modern combat 2 on a stock xperia play ...

I bought the game this morning went to play it and all i got was FORCE CLOSE (process com.gameloft.android.GAND.GloftBPHP.ML) GRRRRRRR! So after trawling through google for 30mins i found some dude who had a way to get it working...

1..open the game with pad slid in (in the apps menu) it might work with the pad slid out too

hope this helps somebody cos i was pissed off when mine didnt work, thanks goto some dude on a random forum i tripped up on.

if this is old news delete this thread BUT if its useful to ya, gimme a HELL YEAH!!!

Original Thread lol
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1057689

But good idea for posting it here it will get seen more and be more helpful to people having this problem.
I noticed it force closes when the os does something like say you press the home button it will force close and you will have to start again from your last save which is annoying. This problem must be down to a conflict with the SE software as problems still exist with phone rooted and debranded.

Jackill

Jun 3, 2010
root...update to 2.3.3...and you wont have the force close error anymore...at least i dont have on my rooted xperia play :)

harpersneil

May 24, 2011
Bribie Island
Same problem on SGS2!

I was having the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and (much to my surprise!) this work around actually WORKS!

Just debating whether to accept the free game they've offered me and carry on playing! Its really bad that Gameloft are allowing this to happen, so I wont feel too bad.

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
What's the debate? Just pick the free game and play the two. The cost for Gameloft to send you a link to another game is 0: plus, the glitch is their fault in the first place, and they seem lazy to correct it. If they're too lazy to give you proper service, why should you get restless about exploiting their policies?

subcu1ture

Feb 24, 2011
Melbourne
Motorola Edge 20 Pro
Hahah i discovered this by myself thinking that I had solved a worldwide issue I searched for forums to announce my discovery and tell everyone to get a free game as well :)

Unfortunately you beat me to it but I still suggest everyone get a free game for their **** up on not being able to code properly for fking android.

ncaissie

May 15, 2011
Hahah i discovered this by myself thinking that I had solved a worldwide issue I searched for forums to announce my discovery and tell everyone to get a free game as well :)

Unfortunately you beat me to it but I still suggest everyone get a free game for their **** up on not being able to code properly for fking android.

This happens to a lot of my Gameloft games.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

yeah i agree it should work without the need of this, but itll do for me till they have a proper fix, maybe theyll patch the game. it might be my end because i installed some bogus versions of the game first that i later uninstalled but maybe they might have upset it abit lol...

anyway man just done 30mins multiplayer on capture the flag with about 8-10 in the server and was surprised how good it was, oh i had to register via my laptop with gameloft live cos trying to register in the game caused FORCE CLOSE again, but once registered u can log in and it all works good

see u on the battlefield soldiers ill stab u all in the boob :)