Development for Lumia 900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JonnieLasVegas

Jun 16, 2010
Las Vegas
I got one, I love it. The screen looks great, better than I expected, it's an overachiever of a screen. Colors so good I keep the screen brightness on low all day. All around great phone.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Reactions: shadyghost

shadyghost

Nov 8, 2006
I agree, this screen is far better than I thought it would be. I have a iPhone 4s which is better of course but I would say the extra space comes close to offsetting the blurry text edges which is a minor annoyance to me. The colors are great.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Not to mention the outdoor view-ability is spectacular. Low brightness in full sun good.

DarkSi08

May 20, 2009
got one already. wp has a long way to go.
and 800*640 is a joke with a screen at this size.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Funny. Other than the marketplace, this phone is in every single way better than the Galaxy Nexus I replaced with it. Due to the piece of crap pentile on the Gnex, the resolution difference is only marginally noticeable.

The build quality of the Nokia vs the Galaxy Nexus isn't even a comparison, nor is the polish of the OS. I'm so glad to be back with WP.

ragingclue

Nov 9, 2008
Funny. Other than the marketplace, this phone is in every single way better than the Galaxy Nexus I replaced with it. Due to the piece of crap pentile on the Gnex, the resolution difference is only marginally noticeable.

The build quality of the Nokia vs the Galaxy Nexus isn't even a comparison, nor is the polish of the OS. I'm so glad to be back with WP.

...not to mention the absolute fiasco that was early build screens... I'll take 800x480 over that any day of the week.

slojko

Oct 30, 2011

people are always hating on the OS, like they want microsoft to rebuild IOS or android for some odd reason.

if you like what IOS offers than buy a iphone. why would microsoft pay developers to rebuild something that already exists.

Reactions: JWallstreet

DarkSi08

May 20, 2009
people are always hating on the OS, like they want microsoft to rebuild IOS or android for some odd reason.

if you like what IOS offers than buy a iphone. why would microsoft pay developers to rebuild something that already exists.

Precisely. Each OS is different. iOS is great, it's great - solid and smooth - but it's getting dated and needs a bit of an overhaul. Android is an awesome OS, if you don't mind the lag, and lack of general reliability that comes along with it. WP is a fantastic third option. Great aesthetics, the smoothness of iOS, it just needs a better marketplace, which will come with time. iOS has been on the market for 5 years now, and 4 years for Android. WP7 has been on the market for about a year and a half, and is already a very strong competitor. I think that speaks volumes.

Microsoft does something right for the first time in ages, and everyone wants to bash them.

Reactions: slojko

ljwnow

Jul 24, 2007
Precisely. Each OS is different. iOS is great, it's great - solid and smooth - but it's getting dated and needs a bit of an overhaul. Android is an awesome OS, if you don't mind the lag, and lack of general reliability that comes along with it. WP is a fantastic third option. Great aesthetics, the smoothness of iOS, it just needs a better marketplace, which will come with time. iOS has been on the market for 5 years now, and 4 years for Android. WP7 has been on the market for about a year and a half, and is already a very strong competitor. I think that speaks volumes.

Microsoft does something right for the first time in ages, and everyone wants to bash them.

Android has overcome 90% of its old problems in 4.0.4.! What you just said doesn't exist any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

XDA is not a place to troll. Go to Engadget or The Verge for that please.
    How bout we lock this one so the trolls can find something better to do?
    i wish ms paid me because i would be happy to promote the OS that works well for me.

however, i have no real loyalty to any company and just choose what works best for me at the time, which right now is WP7.

anyways, i'm done with this, i'm really hoping heath and the wp devs can get some interop unlock done for us soon.

having unified hardware means most of the actual development news for windows phone is going on in the general WP subforums.

as to android/windows phone here's my take (and i've had probably 10-12 android handsets)

when android can run even half as smoothly as windowsphone on ANY hardware configuration as well as give me a day and a half of usage with an LTE capable handset without massive tweaking and buying of extra batteries, i'll give two ****s about it again for daily use.

until then, it will remain my secondary OS to satisfy my tweaking needs and to remind me how good an optimized OS can run on "second rate" hardware (windows phone)

can we get a mod to lock this thread?
    crappy phone with even worse dev support. lol
    crappy phone with even worse dev support. lol
    Really? Haven't touched one yet and already have an opinion? Humph :rolleyes: