Chase Bank App

Search This thread

Xerrus

Dec 9, 2010
So after updating to NC2 Kitkat all apps are functioning as one would expect, save for one: the Chase Bank app. I repeatedly try to log in and it accepts my credentials, forwards me to a confirm identification by using an authorization code screen. From there I click email/text/call to get an authorization code which comes promptly.

The problem is when I enter it in, it accepts it then spits an error station that my accepted login credentials are incorrect (they're not) and I'm rerouted back to the login screen to repeat the cycle in futility.

Now what's odd is if I go to the mobile site using ANY browser on my phone (stock browser, chrome, Firefox, opera, tried em all) it will do the SAME thing. However, the moment I click "use desktop mode" and try to log in using the full site, it works perfectly, no hiccups whatsoever.

So, this means something on my phone is blocking the use of the mobilized versions of Chase's site. My first thought was my ad blocker. I disabled that completely and uninstalled it, rebooted, and still no dice.

Any ideas? Had anyone else had this same experience? I'm running stock, rooted, de-odexed Kitkat NC2 for reference. No tweaks aside from Wanam via Xposed framework.

Xerrus

Dec 9, 2010
Another thought was maybe it's checking my root status as ISIS Mobile Wallet does. Thus I downloaded a root cloak (aptly called rootcloak in Xposed download section) for just such apps. Alas, this too is not the problem.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

art90262

Aug 12, 2008
Im on nc4 non rooted device and the app works flawlessly. Not sure if this helps you just adding my .02 A lot of the lil bugs I encountered were gone after a full reset. maybe u should try it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Xerrus

adoublearonn

Aug 26, 2007
Detroit, MI
I'm using NC4 rooted and Chase is working fine for me. I never had to verify though because I restored the app from titanium backup. It may be obvious but did you try clearing the app data? Maybe you have a backup to restore from when it was working?

Edit: Rereading your post, I also successfully used Chase on NC2. Also, you can use Titanium Backup to restore an app and data from a nandroid backup if you didn't backup through titanium.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im on nc4 non rooted device and the app works flawlessly. Not sure if this helps you just adding my .02 A lot of the lil bugs I encountered were gone after a full reset. maybe u should try it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app